Obama has seen the light on social security and medicare

CaGOPatriot

Craig Williams
Feb 23, 2013
Obama has seen the light and he is finally willing to begin phasing out social security and medicare along with the other government handouts loved by the liberals. He is open to cutting funds to those particular leeches and this will help the Republicans eventually put an end to many of the costly entitlement programs funded by the tax payers. Taking millions of people off the government dole will quickly eliminate the deficit and let the country begin to repay the nearly $17 trillion run up by the democrats and the Obama administration.

Obama renews offer to cut social safety nets - Yahoo! Finance

And hopefully all those 'millions of leaches' will accommodate things by rapidly dying or otherwise departing the scene.

Obama has seen the light and he is finally willing to begin phasing out social security and medicare

Wait a minute...I think I heard this somewhere else

Paul Ryan hits Democrats over social security - Simmi Aujla - POLITICO.com

We’ve got to get beyond weaponizing these issues for political gain in the short run,” he said, adding that Congress and President Barack Obama aren’t offering any solutions on Social Security. “We’ve got to get through this political moment. The political weaponization of entitlement reform is very unfortunate. It’s hurting our chances of actually getting bipartisan agreement in the near future. It’s unfortunate but we’ve got to get out there."

Paul Ryan?s 2011 Medicare Plan: A Primer - ABC News

Ryan has pushed some version of his plan since 2008, but it exploded as a topic of national discussion in the spring of 2011 when Ryan introduced it as part of his 2012 budget outline.
President Obama blasted it. Newt Gingrich called it “right-wing social engineering.” House Speaker John Boehner didn’t exactly embrace it.

:confused::confused::confused:

trust me when I say Social Security is not being touched, no way.

Why is it Republicans are so against people paying into a system that will eventually pay them back, god willing. Whats the main malfunction here Republicans?

There are so many other areas to cut before SS, and any half witted goober head knows this. Dream on GOPers. And keep digging that hole, 2014 is right around the corner.

Obama has seen the light and he is finally willing to begin phasing out social security and medicare along with the other government handouts loved by the liberals. He is open to cutting funds to those particular leeches and this will help the Republicans eventually put an end to many of the costly entitlement programs funded by the tax payers. Taking millions of people off the government dole will quickly eliminate the deficit and let the country begin to repay the nearly $17 trillion run up by the democrats and the Obama administration.

Ain't gonna happen, buddy. In fact, given what the GOP is engaged in right now, we are going to see, after 2014, a whole new approach to taxes. And the very wealthy are not going to like it.

as a Democrat, I feel there is a massive need to retool both Medicaid and medicare, from a fraud prevention basis as I adore and value both those programs. They are absolutely life saving programs for some however, they need to be restructured for the digital age and to prevent fraud.

But SS is not to be touched, ever. Move on Republicans, go find a new boogeyman. Trust me, you might just regain some credibility if you do.

CBO | How Have CBO's Projections of Spending for Medicare and Medicaid Changed Since the August 2012 Baseline?
The Recent Changes in CBO’s Baseline Reflect Trends That Have Developed Over the Past Few Years

In recent years, health care spending has grown much more slowly both nationally and for federal programs than historical rates would have indicated. For example, in 2012, federal spending for Medicare and Medicaid was about 5 percent below the amount that CBO had projected in March 2010.

In response to that slowdown, over the past several years CBO has made a series of downward adjustments to its projections of spending for Medicaid and Medicare. For example, from the March 2010 baseline to the current baseline, technical revisions—mostly reflecting the slower growth in the programs’ spending in recent years—have lowered CBO’s estimates of federal spending for the two programs in 2020 by about $200 billion—by $126 billion for Medicare and by $78 billion for Medicaid, or by roughly 15 percent for each program.

Growth In Medicare Spending Per Beneficiary Continues To Hit Historic Lows | ASPE
Expenditures per Medicare beneficiary increased by only 0.4% in fiscal year 2012, substantially below the 3.4% increase in per capita GDP (Exhibit 1).1 The very slow growth in Medicare spending in fiscal year 2012 follows slow growth in 2010 and 2011. In 2010, spending grew at only 1.8% per beneficiary, and in 2011 at 3.6 %. Over the three year period from 2010-2012, Medicare spending per beneficiary grew an average of 1.9% annually, or more than 1 percentage point more slowly than the average annual growth of 3.2% in per capita GDP (that is, at GDP-1.3).
The slow growth in spending per beneficiary from 2010 to 2012 combined with the projections of spending growth at GDP+0 for 2012-2022 is unprecedented in the history of the Medicare program. If sustained, the slower growth would improve Medicare’s ability to meet its commitments to seniors and persons with disabilities in future generations.

2-19-13health.jpg

Republicans will never run this country again

[An ode to Comrade Obama, the 23rd Psalm rewritten in his honor.]

"Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of debt, I fear no bankruptcy, for Obama is my shepherd. He prepareth a table of food stamps before me, and maketh me lie down beside waters He hath cleansed and seas He hath made recede, even though the bad Republicans wisheth the earth to be burnt unto a cinder, and will not buy the electric car that is good, for it hath zero emissions, and receiveth its power from a power plant, which hath not zero emissions, but the ways of the President are mysterious.

He hath told the stubborn Israelites, evil builders of apartments, that they know not their own interests and He does, and know not what they do, when they fear the nuclear weapon of the Persians. The ways of the President are mysterious. He alloweth the Persians to get the nuclear weapon (unless He hath something up His sleeve), for He knoweth that when they behold Him they will stay their hand, and not burn the Israelites unto a cinder, as they pronounce.

Yea, though Bernanke maketh funny money that will not compute, Obama prepareth a statistical table in front of the bad Republicans that showeth it will, if only they have faith. Fear not the Hellenes and the path they have trod. Though for sure we shall follow them, the President will be our sword, and our shield. His Hillary Rodham and his staff, they comfort us.

Fear not the Chinois, whose power waxes as ours wanes, for someday thy children’s children shall journey over the sea that Obama hath made recede, west of the land of Geffen and Famous Amos, to build railroads for Beijing. Then the Third World will have inherited the earth, and the strong will have been laid low, which is good, and which is also the Democratic platform.

Verily, we should be like the meek of the earth, and follow the commands of the President, the Amalekites, the EPA, and the IRS, which taketh our money, which is good, for we know not what to do with it. And Obama does, for you did not buildeth that. Once, we were slaves in the land of Reagan (and if you attributeth the “Reagan” deficits to increased military spending and lowered tax rates, tryeth accounting for the changes in military expenditure and tax revenues in the Reagan years, for, lo, when combined they yieldeth a surplus). Then, we were sinners, in spending our own money for what we thought was our own good. But now we are free, for the President spendeth it for us, and He maketh miracles, for, lo, He roasteth invisible chickens, and, lo, He spendeth money that existeth not, that Bernanke printeth. And, lo, it buys us stuff, for now.

Yea, though I accumulate debt higher than the mountains of Gilboa, and the deadbeats skip like rams, I shall not want, for Bernanke maketh funny money, and the President smiles upon the land, but not upon the bad Republicans. For they wisheth to live within their means, which surely must be evil. And what would you expect from people who are suspicious of Social Security? And wisheth to burn the earth unto a cinder.

But arithmetic notwithstanding, I will dwell in the house of Obama all the days of my life. (Why not four terms, and what about Michelle? For the Constitution liveth.) And, the earth having been purified, surely it will be good when—and where do I apply for—government assistance will be the only thing left."

Psalm 23, newly revised | Power Line

Why is it Republicans are so against people paying into a system that will eventually pay them back, god willing. Whats the main malfunction here Republicans?

There are so many other areas to cut before SS, and any half witted goober head knows this. Dream on GOPers. And keep digging that hole, 2014 is right around the corner.

Nothing against someone VOLUNTARILY paying in... they could choose social security (even though I don't think it should be IN government, I have LESS of an opposition if it is a VOLUNTARY program and not forced)...

Any smart person, however, would invest on their own.. SS is a horrible retirement plan

Nothing against someone VOLUNTARILY paying in... they could choose social security (even though I don't think it should be IN government, I have LESS of an opposition if it is a VOLUNTARY program and not forced)...

Any smart person, however, would invest on their own.. SS is a horrible retirement plan

So where were all these "smart people" before SS? They were living in poverty...

poverty_soc-sec-spending-and-elderly-poverty_all-years_3.png

Leave it the fuck alone.

Well maybe SS was designed for 1930s population that almost no one lived to 65 whereas in 2013 over 65 is one of the fastest growing age group!

And remember half that money paid in to SS was NOT the workers!

I truly believe the majority of people do not realize their employers contribute MORE to the workers SS/Medicare and unemployment!

And with the current administration totally against any "profits" by any business, they don't seem to understand without profits no employees!
Without profits, no income taxes!

I shouldn't be forced to pay into a system. The returns are paltry and the govt keeps me from my own money through my working life and I can't even pass it on to my loved ones besides my spouse. I could easily make 10 times the pittance the govt doles out to me after 40 years and I can't even take the lump sum of all the money that I have earned. People like you want to say this is a good deal? Maybe for some who need govt to take care of them.

SS should be an opt in or out deal.

Good post. The right wing trash loves people paying into the system, then stealing their money to bankroll the snot out of their corporate cronies.

So where were all these "smart people" before SS? They were living in poverty...

poverty_soc-sec-spending-and-elderly-poverty_all-years_3.png

Leave it the fuck alone.

There were the kind of investment options then that there are now?? A time for SS may have been, that time is long passed

A simple money market outperforms SS

Good post. The right wing trash loves people paying into the system, then stealing their money to bankroll the snot out of their corporate cronies.

No one should be forced to pay into a govt program.

I shouldn't be forced to pay into a system. The returns are paltry and the govt keeps me from my own money through my working life and I can't even pass it on to my loved ones besides my spouse. I could easily make 10 times the pittance the govt doles out to me after 40 years and I can't even take the lump sum of all the money that I have earned. People like you want to say this is a good deal? Maybe for some who need govt to take care of them.

SS should be an opt in or out deal.

I couldn't agree more. Same goes for Medicare.

SS would be all right if they took it out of the General Fund and put it back where it was before LBJ put it in same. BTW LBJ was a Dem.

Personally I would take every dime I have in both SS and Medicare and invest my money myself. I can take better care of my money that some Clown in DC.

Here is what makes no sense...

We are giving Egypt and the muslim brotherhood money. We are giving illegal aliens money. We are funding the destruction of health-care in America.---- HOW ON EARTH IN GOOD CONCIENCE CAN WE RAISE TAXES ON ANYONE WHILE WE FUND THOSE THINGS???

We all know that SS, and medicare have to be fixed as they are insolvent - BUT HOW CAN WE TAKE MONEY AWAY FROM AMERICANS BEFORE FIXING THE MASSIVE EXPENDATURES ABOVE????

Social Security is 100% self funded by the payroll tax. Medicare is 60% funded by the payroll tax.

Forum List

Back