Obama is a genius politician

Obama said that these illegals would not receive welfare under his amnesty, would not receive Obamacare, would not receive Social Security etc.

And he used exactly the same tone, diction, and style as when he said, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. And if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period."

The OP was right. He does things with style.

The same style for EVERY lie.

Naturally, the board leftists lapped it up and believed it completely. As usual.
He is not doing what you want, we know, now go cry in the corner....
I don't see why. We've heard him lie this way before. He's just trying to give you liberals hope. It's totally bogus. By granting them amnesty he's changed their status and now they can apply for Obamacare. Pretty soon the regulations will be in place to allow it.

What this does is merely keep the issue alive instead of ending it, yet you liberals are rejoicing. Nothing has changed. He's simply trying to bring public opinion over to his side with empty words. Nothing more.
Who did he give amnesty to? Identify por favor

Don't give him more credit than he deserves. He is a self centered sociopath who managed to turn the overwhelming support of his first election to a desperate last ditch effort to goad republicans into a fight after he lost both houses of congress and has become irrelevant.

Obama said that these illegals would not receive welfare under his amnesty, would not receive Obamacare, would not receive Social Security etc.

And he used exactly the same tone, diction, and style as when he said, "If you like your doctor, you can keep your doctor. And if you like your health plan, you can keep your health plan. Period."

Naturally, the board leftists lapped it up and believed it completely. As usual.
I don't see why. We've heard him lie this way before. He's just trying to give you liberals hope. It's totally bogus. By granting them amnesty he's changed their status and now they can apply for Obamacare. Pretty soon the regulations will be in place to allow it.

What this does is merely keep the issue alive instead of ending it, yet you liberals are rejoicing. Nothing has changed. He's simply trying to bring public opinion over to his side with empty words. Nothing more.
Who did he give amnesty to? Identify por favor
Anyone who claims to have been here for 5 years. They won't question anyone. They'll accept anyone willing to lie about it.

Amnesty is always temporary. A pardon is permanent. He's playing with words. First he lets 5 million stay, then the cry goes out to give the rest of them a pass. The longer this goes on the more he will keep telling the Republicans to solve this, and the more actions he will take. This is part of his philosophy. Never solve the problem, because it is an issue that can be used again in the future. Just pick away at it and pretty soon everyone says "Oh what the Hell......let em all stay!!!" He thinks the longer this goes on the more likely the public will accept it. 5 years ago same-sex marriage was a loser, now it is popular, or at least we're told it is. Anyone who doesn't agree loses their job or their business.

The amount of hysterical nonsense about an Executive Order that hasn't happened yet and that no one has read is mind-blowing to me.
Which goes to the utter disgust and contempt in which a vast percentage of the American People hold this President's incendiary tactics at this time, I suspect.

He's just started a losing battle. He's underestimating the moderate democrats support the Republicans will have.
Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Most of my Democrat or Liberal friends on Facebook are not stepping-up to defend him in public, using their real names.

I think Dear Leader may have screwed the pooch on this one.

In any event, we'll soon know.

He's just started a losing battle. He's underestimating the moderate democrats support the Republicans will have.
Perhaps...

Perhaps...

Most of my Democrat or Liberal friends on Facebook are not stepping-up to defend him in public, using their real names.

I think Dear Leader may have screwed the pooch on this one.

In any event, we'll soon know.

Agreed.

The amount of hysterical nonsense about an Executive Order that hasn't happened yet and that no one has read is mind-blowing to me.

Transcript Obama s immigration speech - The Washington Post

I worked with Congress on a comprehensive fix. And last year 68 Democrats, Republicans, and independents came together to pass a bipartisan bill in the Senate. It wasn’t perfect. It was a compromise. But it reflected common sense. It would have doubled the number of Border Patrol agents, while giving undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, if they paid a fine, started paying their taxes and went to the back of the line. And independent experts said that it would help grow our economy and shrink our deficits.

Had the House of Representatives allowed that kind of bill a simple yes or no vote, it would have passed with support from both parties. And today it would be the law. But for a year and a half now Republican leaders in the House have refused to allow that simple vote. Now I continue to believe that the best way to solve this problem is by working together to pass that kind of common sense law. But until that happens, there are actions I have the legal authority to take as president, the same kinds of actions taken by Democratic and Republican presidents before me, that will help make our immigration system more fair and more just.

Tonight I’m announcing those actions.

OBAMA: First, we’ll build on our progress at the border with additional resources for our law enforcement personnel so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over.

Second, I’ll make it easier and faster for high-skilled immigrants, graduates and entrepreneurs to stay and contribute to our economy, as so many business leaders proposed.

Third, we’ll take steps to deal responsibly with the millions of undocumented immigrants who already had live in our country.

I want to say more about this third issue, because it generates the most passion and controversy. Even as we are a nation of immigrants, we’re also a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

That’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and that’s why we’re going to keep focusing enforcement resources on actual threats to our security. Felons, not families. Criminals, not children. Gang members, not a mom who’s working hard to provide for her kids. We’ll prioritize, just like law e enforcement does every day.

But even as we focus on deporting criminals, the fact is millions of immigrants in every state, of every race and nationality still live here illegally.

And let’s be honest, tracking down, rounding up and deporting millions of people isn’t realistic. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn’t being straight with you. It’s also not who we are as Americans.

After all, most of these immigrants have been here a long time. They work hard often in tough, low paying jobs. They support their families. They worship at our churches. Many of the kids are American born or spent spent most of their lives here. And their hopes, dreams, and patriotism are just like ours.

As my predecessor, President Bush, once put it, they are a part of American life.

Now here is the thing. We expect people who live in this country to play by the rules. We expect those who cut the line will not be unfairly rewarded. So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is.

Now let’s be clear about what it isn’t. This deal does not apply to anyone who has come to this country recently. It does not apply to anyone who might come to America illegally in the future. It does not grant citizenship or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive. Only Congress can do that. All we’re saying is we’re not going to deport you.

I know some of the critics of the action call it amnesty. Well, it’s the not. Amnesty is the immigration system we have today. Millions of people who live here without paying their taxes or playing by the rules, while politicians use the issue to scare people and whip up votes at election time. That’s the real amnesty, leaving this broken system the way it is. Mass amnesty would be unfair. Mass deportation would be both impossible and contrary it to our character.

What I’m describing is accountability. A common sense middle- ground approach. If you meet the criteria, you can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. If you’re a criminal, you’ll be deported. If you plan to enter the U.S. illegally, your chances of getting caught and sent back just went up.

The actions I’m taken are not only lawful, they’re the kinds of actions taken by every single Republican president and every single Democratic president for the past half century.

And to those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill. I want to work with both parties to pass a more permanent legislative solution. And the day I sign that bill into law, the actions I take will no longer be necessary.

And you actually believe him, after all of the scams he's pulled?

If so then Jonothan Gruber was right. Americans are stupid.

Just to be clear, You aren't saying you disagree with what he said, but just that you don't believe him?

It just happened. This EO is nothing but a slap in the face to immigrants who came here legally. Apparently breaking the law is the 'in' thing now.

I've read your posts. You despise immigrants, legal or illegal. I can understand you hoping that the documented ones will join you in their hate for the others, but they don't. They have brothers and cousins, and friends who are having to hide, and they want them to be able to have a better life too.

I've read your posts. You despise immigrants, legal or illegal.

Perhaps you haven't been reading my posts. I advocate legal immigration hands down. If you want to see someone who hates both, seek out the council of none other than protectionist. I have never been, nor will I ever be a xenophobe.

Last edited:
Remember, you're racist, bigot, terrorist, woman hater if you resist the Emperor.

Excellent, the first step towards recovery is self-awareness. :up:
How about some substantive debate instead of a smartass response?
Now give examples as to how giving 5 million illegal aliens the right to be here is good for the country as a whole.
Please discuss how it is the left is in support of higher wages, yet wishes to invite mostly unskilled workers who have and will continue to drive down labor rates across the unskilled and semi skilled occupations.

I mean this. I dislike him, despise him, but he knows how to nullify the Constitution of the United States with style.

So this is how the Republic falls...to the sound of applause.

Remember, you're racist, bigot, terrorist, woman hater if you resist the Emperor.

He's losing a battle, but winning the war. The goal of the war is to dissolve Congress (or make them irrelevant), this is how Hitler took power, exactly how he did away with the "coalition government" in the Weinmar Republic. The Star Wars Episode III story is based on Hitler's rise to power, as was the Harry Potter 6/7 book and other popular fiction.

We're either reliving a dangerous history, or bringing a dystopian fiction to life, take your pick.
Hitler was elected to power...the people gave it to him...
ANd he REALLY gave IT to them.....How'd that shit work out?

It just happened. This EO is nothing but a slap in the face to immigrants who came here legally. Apparently breaking the law is the 'in' thing now.

I've read your posts. You despise immigrants, legal or illegal. I can understand you hoping that the documented ones will join you in their hate for the others, but they don't. They have brothers and cousins, and friends who are having to hide, and they want them to be able to have a better life too.
You know into which orifice to you can shove that straw man argument, do you not?
Better life.
Hey genius, with all the benefits of having several albeit false ID's, no tax burden, contributing to multiple social security accounts, having access to public assistance and other perks, what makes you think these people would wish to give up all that to become legitimate?
Don't believe me?
Come talk to local law enforcement here.
The police and sheriff's deputies write traffic citations to Latino motorists and laugh because they know darned well the County will never see a dime. And why is this? Because more than likely the person they stopped has more than one driver's license or the one they presented is fake.
Typically if the surname is Gonzales or Hernandez, the name is false.
Now if they can fly under the radar, why in the hell would they want to become legitimate?

He shouldn't be doing anything when that action usurps the Constitutional authority of the Congress.
Obama said so himself. "We are a nation of laws"...Yet, he unilaterally, with the stroke of a pen decides the federal immigration laws are to be ignored.
Obama has NO RIGHT doing that.

I kept my doctor and health plan
Millions did not. Millions more have seen their premiums and deductibles rise and their access to care reduced.

You know into which orifice to you can shove that straw man argument, do you not?
Better life.
Hey genius, with all the benefits of having several albeit false ID's, no tax burden, contributing to multiple social security accounts, having access to public assistance and other perks, what makes you think these people would wish to give up all that to become legitimate?
Don't believe me?
Come talk to local law enforcement here.
The police and sheriff's deputies write traffic citations to Latino motorists and laugh because they know darned well the County will never see a dime. And why is this? Because more than likely the person they stopped has more than one driver's license or the one they presented is fake.
Typically if the surname is Gonzales or Hernandez, the name is false.
Now if they can fly under the radar, why in the hell would they want to become legitimate?

Wow you really believe that don't you? I'll bet you also believe that anybody who voted for Obama only did it because they get free stuff, and the only women who might need an abortion are sluts and prostitutes who do it because it is cheaper and easier than using condoms. I am always amazed at the crazy things teabaggers think.

Transcript Obama s immigration speech - The Washington Post
All I had to do is read the first line and knew it was a lie. Disgusting.

I worked with Congress on a comprehensive fix. And last year 68 Democrats, Republicans, and independents came together to pass a bipartisan bill in the Senate. It wasn’t perfect. It was a compromise. But it reflected common sense. It would have doubled the number of Border Patrol agents, while giving undocumented immigrants a pathway to citizenship, if they paid a fine, started paying their taxes and went to the back of the line. And independent experts said that it would help grow our economy and shrink our deficits.

Had the House of Representatives allowed that kind of bill a simple yes or no vote, it would have passed with support from both parties. And today it would be the law. But for a year and a half now Republican leaders in the House have refused to allow that simple vote. Now I continue to believe that the best way to solve this problem is by working together to pass that kind of common sense law. But until that happens, there are actions I have the legal authority to take as president, the same kinds of actions taken by Democratic and Republican presidents before me, that will help make our immigration system more fair and more just.

Tonight I’m announcing those actions.

OBAMA: First, we’ll build on our progress at the border with additional resources for our law enforcement personnel so that they can stem the flow of illegal crossings and speed the return of those who do cross over.

Second, I’ll make it easier and faster for high-skilled immigrants, graduates and entrepreneurs to stay and contribute to our economy, as so many business leaders proposed.

Third, we’ll take steps to deal responsibly with the millions of undocumented immigrants who already had live in our country.

I want to say more about this third issue, because it generates the most passion and controversy. Even as we are a nation of immigrants, we’re also a nation of laws. Undocumented workers broke our immigration laws, and I believe that they must be held accountable, especially those who may be dangerous.

That’s why over the past six years deportations of criminals are up 80 percent, and that’s why we’re going to keep focusing enforcement resources on actual threats to our security. Felons, not families. Criminals, not children. Gang members, not a mom who’s working hard to provide for her kids. We’ll prioritize, just like law e enforcement does every day.

But even as we focus on deporting criminals, the fact is millions of immigrants in every state, of every race and nationality still live here illegally.

And let’s be honest, tracking down, rounding up and deporting millions of people isn’t realistic. Anyone who suggests otherwise isn’t being straight with you. It’s also not who we are as Americans.

After all, most of these immigrants have been here a long time. They work hard often in tough, low paying jobs. They support their families. They worship at our churches. Many of the kids are American born or spent spent most of their lives here. And their hopes, dreams, and patriotism are just like ours.

As my predecessor, President Bush, once put it, they are a part of American life.

Now here is the thing. We expect people who live in this country to play by the rules. We expect those who cut the line will not be unfairly rewarded. So we’re going to offer the following deal: If you’ve with been in America more than five years. If you have children who are American citizens or illegal residents. If you register, pass a criminal background check and you’re willing to pay your fair share of taxes, you’ll be able to apply to stay in this country temporarily without fear of deportation. You can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. That’s what this deal is.

Now let’s be clear about what it isn’t. This deal does not apply to anyone who has come to this country recently. It does not apply to anyone who might come to America illegally in the future. It does not grant citizenship or the right to stay here permanently, or offer the same benefits that citizens receive. Only Congress can do that. All we’re saying is we’re not going to deport you.

I know some of the critics of the action call it amnesty. Well, it’s the not. Amnesty is the immigration system we have today. Millions of people who live here without paying their taxes or playing by the rules, while politicians use the issue to scare people and whip up votes at election time. That’s the real amnesty, leaving this broken system the way it is. Mass amnesty would be unfair. Mass deportation would be both impossible and contrary it to our character.

What I’m describing is accountability. A common sense middle- ground approach. If you meet the criteria, you can come out of the shadows and get right with the law. If you’re a criminal, you’ll be deported. If you plan to enter the U.S. illegally, your chances of getting caught and sent back just went up.

The actions I’m taken are not only lawful, they’re the kinds of actions taken by every single Republican president and every single Democratic president for the past half century.

And to those members of Congress who question my authority to make our immigration system work better or question the wisdom of me acting where Congress has failed, I have one answer: Pass a bill. I want to work with both parties to pass a more permanent legislative solution. And the day I sign that bill into law, the actions I take will no longer be necessary.

All I had to read was the first line and I knew it was all a lie.

Thank goodness and the law Executive orders can be made invalid by a countering executive order.
In other words, this crap won't last. And congress has to fund it in order to implement it.
This is the fight Obama is trying to pick with the GOP.
Obama is absolutely incensed over his party losing control of the Senate and gaining a larger majority in the House. So he believes the GOP will not fund this amnesty thing in the next budget session. And oh, no more CR's....Now that the dems cannot block budget bills, there will be a budget on Obama's desk for him to sign. And if he doesn't sign it or vetoes the budget bill, HE gets the blame for shutting down the government. Of course Obama is no doubt depending upon the dems in the senate to filibuster the spending Bill. But wait a minute!!! Remember the dems decided to use the Nuclear Option and rid the Senate( they actually thought the Senate was to remain in the hands of Democrats in perpetuity) of the ability to filibuster bills having to do with spending. So the dems can't block shit.

I kept my doctor and health plan
Only because your employer hasn't needed to throw you off the company plan. That part was delayed until after the elections remember. Soon, his penalty will cost too much to keep you on his plan. That time will come when you finally lose your doctor and plan. Will you be honest to admit it when it happens?

Forum List

Back