obama just committed political suicide.

Again with this?

"Obama's going to take our guns"?

I've heard this so many times, and still nothing.

Now, there have been rumors about tighter controls on selling to insane people, but that's about it.

And let me tell you, I've been a long-time Obama supporter, and if he actually did try to stop people from buying guns, I would abandon supporting him in a heartbeat.

Why are there people addicted to, and dying from illegal drugs in the USA?

Thanks for proving my point. Bad people have guns the good people don't and cannot defend themself, gun bans do not work.

Phew...that went straight over your head didn't it?
Maybe you should stand on a box so that some of the points that are being made accidentally hit you.
I think it went over your head.
Here let's try it again. This is what I asked

Why are people being killed with a gun when the citizens do not have access to any?
You answered with
Why are there people addicted to, and dying from illegal drugs in the USA
That is not answering the question but if that is your answer then you agree and proved my point
Bad people have guns the good people don't and cannot defend themself, gun bans do not work

Good people as in law abiding people.

Again with this?

"Obama's going to take our guns"?

I've heard this so many times, and still nothing.

Now, there have been rumors about tighter controls on selling to insane people, but that's about it.

And let me tell you, I've been a long-time Obama supporter, and if he actually did try to stop people from buying guns, I would abandon supporting him in a heartbeat.

Ne flash it made the news this time.

New Mexico is the most liberal state in America based mostly on their laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion. Following New Mexico in the top 10 most liberal states are Washington, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Vermont, California, New Hampshire, District of Columbia, Oregon.
IPAS Most Liberal States in America The State of America

The fact that they list New Hampshire in the Top 10 most liberal states and above Massachusetts just proves that this ranking has a credibility of ZERO.

Who used a source and who used an opinion?

New Mexico is the most liberal state in America based mostly on their laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion. Following New Mexico in the top 10 most liberal states are Washington, New York, New Jersey, Hawaii, Vermont, California, New Hampshire, District of Columbia, Oregon.
IPAS Most Liberal States in America The State of America

The fact that they list New Hampshire in the Top 10 most liberal states and above Massachusetts just proves that this ranking has a credibility of ZERO.

What is your source?

It is Ipas, an international abortion rights group based in Chapel Hill, N.C., the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and the SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective.

So you based your "liberal/conservative" states determination exclusively on the abortion/homosexuality/menstruation ritual discussion.

Are those the only issues that you use to determine liberal vs. conservative?

Do you really believe that Ohio is more conservative than Utah and that Pennsylvania is more conservative than Texas?

What is your source?

It is Ipas, an international abortion rights group based in Chapel Hill, N.C., the National Gay and Lesbian Task Force, and the SisterSong Women of Color Reproductive Health Collective.

So you based your "liberal/conservative" states determination exclusively on the abortion/homosexuality/menstruation ritual discussion.

Do you really believe that Ohio is more conservative than Utah and that Pennsylvania is more conservative than Texas?

Exactly what part of "based mostly on their laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" did you miss?

:eek:

You clearly don't know anything about the New England states.

Vermont's state shoe is the birkenstock.

And you clearly do know that Massachusetts is also part of the New England states.

How do you conclude that?

How do I conclude that Massachusetts is part of the New England states?

new_eng.gif

Eucharistic Adoration in the New England States

For those of you who were somehow having wet dreams about another 4 years of obama as president may just have that dream killed if obama does what he says he will do. Any new law or changes made to existing laws will kill his dreams of a second term. I will add remembr what happen with the democrats when they started playing with guns in 1996

Obama To Push Gun Control Soon
NRA-ILA :: Obama To Push Gun Control Soon

The article looks like a trial balloon to see what happens. I doubt he will push gun control, the most losing issue among Liberals ever. If he does I don't expect it to get anywhere. Harry Reid is a staunch pro-2A politician who just won by the skin of his fraudulent teeth.
The NRA likes to push this kind of stuff because it results in more membership and more contributions.

What is your source?

Exactly what part of "based mostly on their laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" did you miss?

I didn't miss that...however you used your "source" to back up your original statement that brought Vermont and Massachusetts into the mix:

Vermont is not more liberal than Massachusetts...

...and your "source" actually disproved your claim.

And what does "laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" have anything to do with gun control?

Based on opinions regarding capital punishment, I am the most conservative poster on USMB.

Remember when these Far Right Reactionaries were posting poll after poll every other day CBS, NYT, CNN, ABC, NBC...when Obama's numbers were low?

Now watch 'em.

:lol:

On this issue anyone that shows a poll that shows more tha half of America supporting any gun control I find that poll misleading.

so you cherry pick.

hack
If I may, I think he was trying to make the point that on the gun issue, its pretty evenly split down the middle, every time things like this flare up, its an even split down the middle every time. Therefore, a poll that suddenly has one sided skewed is suspect.

There is credence to his argument....this time.

What is your source?

I didn't miss that...however you used your "source" to back up your original statement that brought Vermont and Massachusetts into the mix:

Vermont is not more liberal than Massachusetts...

...and your "source" actually disproved your claim.

And what does "laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" have anything to do with gun control?

Based on opinions regarding capital punishment, I am the most conservative poster on USMB.

Can you provide a source that disproves my source?

Thanks for proving my point. Bad people have guns the good people don't and cannot defend themself, gun bans do not work.

Maybe you should stand on a box so that some of the points that are being made accidentally hit you.

Why are people being killed with a gun when the citizens do not have access to any?
You answered with
That is not answering the question but if that is your answer then you agree and proved my point
Bad people have guns the good people don't and cannot defend themself, gun bans do not work

Sigh...you are very good at twisting the argument, I give you credit for that.
My answer was in response to your implication that if a state that has gun control, such as GB, still has gun crimes, then gun control doesn't work (and further implying that it is dangerous because it means that law-abiding folk can't protect themselves).
My point was that, just because something is banned or regulated doesn't mean that it is never a problem again.
Now...before you say "Aha, you prove my point" yet again, consider the statistics showing the difference between GB, that has gun control, and the US.
Could this difference be attributable at least in part to the gun control laws? Well, maybe.
But, again, that wasn't my point...it was that the introduction into your argument that if regulation doesn't completely eliminate gun crime then it has failed is ridiculous...and I used the drug example to illustrate this.

You answered with

My answer was in response to your implication that if a state that has gun control, such as GB, still has gun crimes, then gun control doesn't work (and further implying that it is dangerous because it means that law-abiding folk can't protect themselves).
My point was that, just because something is banned or regulated doesn't mean that it is never a problem again.
Now...before you say "Aha, you prove my point" yet again, consider the statistics showing the difference between GB, that has gun control, and the US.
Could this difference be attributable at least in part to the gun control laws? Well, maybe.
But, again, that wasn't my point...it was that the introduction into your argument that if regulation doesn't completely eliminate gun crime then it has failed is ridiculous...and I used the drug example to illustrate this.

I haven't twisted anything. I asked a direct question here it is one more time

If anyone is twisting anything it would be you with your answer.

I would say tring to change the subect with a different issue would be twisting.

You answered with

I would say tring to change the subect with a different issue would be twisting.

Ooo, you are good at this.
OK then...if gun ownership reduces crime, why is there still crime in the U.S.?

Ooo, you are good at this.
OK then...if gun ownership reduces crime, why is there still crime in the U.S.?

Back in 2008 and 2009 when gun sales went up, violent crime went down.

Preliminary figures indicate that violent crime in the nation decreased 5.5 percent, and property crime declined 4.9 percent when compared with data from 2008. The violent crime category includes murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
FBI — FBI Releases the 2009 Preliminary Annual Uniform Crime Report Figures for New York City

A RECORD YEAR FOR GUN SALES. As I’ve been predicting for over three years, the firearms industry keeps rolling forward to new sales highs month after month
Untitled Document

Forum List

Back