obama just committed political suicide.

You'd be wrong.
Guns

CBS News/New York Times :eusa_hand::lmao:
And your poll is a non scienctific poll which means nothing. As I said most Americans are on my side with this issue.

Wow, you're an idiot...

You're an even bigger idiot.
Who's poll do we use?
Poll: Little support for gun control

Read more: Poll: Little support for gun control - Andy Barr - POLITICO.com

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/17/rel1b.pdf

Exactly what part of "based mostly on their laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" did you miss?

I didn't miss that...however you used your "source" to back up your original statement that brought Vermont and Massachusetts into the mix:

Vermont is not more liberal than Massachusetts...

...and your "source" actually disproved your claim.

And what does "laws pertaining to homosexuality and abortion" have anything to do with gun control?

Based on opinions regarding capital punishment, I am the most conservative poster on USMB.

Can you provide a source that disproves my source?

I will try...but only after you explain to me how your "source" is relevant to the discussion of state gun control laws.

I haven't twisted anything. I asked a direct question here it is one more time

If anyone is twisting anything it would be you with your answer.

I would say tring to change the subect with a different issue would be twisting.

Ooo, you are good at this.
OK then...if gun ownership reduces crime, why is there still crime in the U.S.?

Back in 2008 and 2009 when gun sales went up, violent crime went down.

Preliminary figures indicate that violent crime in the nation decreased 5.5 percent, and property crime declined 4.9 percent when compared with data from 2008. The violent crime category includes murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
FBI — FBI Releases the 2009 Preliminary Annual Uniform Crime Report Figures for New York City

A RECORD YEAR FOR GUN SALES. As I’ve been predicting for over three years, the firearms industry keeps rolling forward to new sales highs month after month
Untitled Document

But, there is still crime.
Using your logic, it should be eliminated.

It's funny that you're fighting this, because Vermont is the perfect argument for NO gun control - aside from having the least gun control laws and highest percentage of gun ownership, they also have the lowest violent crime rate in the country....

CBS News/New York Times :eusa_hand::lmao:
And your poll is a non scienctific poll which means nothing. As I said most Americans are on my side with this issue.

Wow, you're an idiot...

Who's poll do we use?

So the only polls you believe are ones the support your theory. Any other poll is false and lying. Because it proves you wrong, right?

Thought so...

Ooo, you are good at this.
OK then...if gun ownership reduces crime, why is there still crime in the U.S.?

Preliminary figures indicate that violent crime in the nation decreased 5.5 percent, and property crime declined 4.9 percent when compared with data from 2008. The violent crime category includes murder, forcible rape, robbery, and aggravated assault.
FBI — FBI Releases the 2009 Preliminary Annual Uniform Crime Report Figures for New York City

A RECORD YEAR FOR GUN SALES. As I’ve been predicting for over three years, the firearms industry keeps rolling forward to new sales highs month after month
Untitled Document

No actually using your logic no one should die from a gun because the citixens do not have access to them. But I am not nieve enough to think as you do. People will always have a gun even if they have to steal one.

Wow, you're an idiot...

Who's poll do we use?

So the only polls you believe are ones the support your theory. Any other poll is false and lying. Because it proves you wrong, right?

Thought so...

That's the great thing about polls and statistics...as some famous person said once....................................well, actually I forget but you know what I mean.

I never made that claim so why ask me to back up a claim I never made? That doesn't make your position true by default either.
So...no one has been able to back up the claim that legal gun ownership = gun crime. Okay.

Well that's kinda tough since the data's been screwed:
The reality is that even these and other basic questions cannot be fully answered, because not enough research has been done. And there is a reason for that. Scientists in the field and former officials with the government agency that used to finance the great bulk of this research say the influence of the National Rife Association has all but choked off money for such work.

“We’ve been stopped from answering the basic questions,” said Mark Rosenberg, former director of the National Center for Injury Control and Prevention, part of the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which was for about a decade the leading source of financing for firearms research.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/01/26/us/26guns.html?pagewanted=all
:lol: :cuckoo:

Gun control advocates operate strictly off emotion. And all gun control does is disarm law-abiding citizens.

and i think people who have a knee-jerk reaction to any type of safety regulations also operate strictly off of emotion.

i'd also point out that the president can't do anything on his own.

and i'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the house isn't going to be proposing any type of gun legislation any time soon.

so i'm going to bet the NRA loons are using this for fundraising and to rev up the right.

just sayin'
I pretty much agree with that.

Wow, you're an idiot...

Who's poll do we use?

Thought so...

You called me an idiot for call the CBS poll a bunch of BS. So I asked you which poll do you want to use? The one that agress with your view or the one that agrees with my view?

But their is a more simpler way of finding out who supports more gun control find out how many guns are legally out in the public. Most Gun owners do not want the government messing with any guns, and thos who do not own a gun at least 1/4 to 1/2 of those people do not want the government to mess with any guns. So you do the math.

By the way the poll I used was a CNN poll not your normal onservative pro gun type source.

Last edited:
Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

What specific kind of gun control is the right thing to do?
The kind that leaves law abiding citizens unarmed while criminals are packing?

Untitled Document

No actually using your logic no one should die from a gun because the citixens do not have access to them.
Crikey, I'm not sure how you drew that conclusion from my posts!
In any case, I suppose I should point out that gun ownership is not banned in GB.
But I am not nieve enough to think as you do. People will always have a gun even if they have to steal one.
Thank you, you have agreed with my point.

Thats a strawman, one has nothing to do with the other.
Wrong. Both are Constitutionally-protected rights.

Actually not exactly.

Voters rights are decided at a state level as long as the states do not violate other Federal civil rights.

You get your right to vote through the state.

States can make some restrictions, but the 14th, 15th, 19th, 24th, and 26th Amendments guarantee the vote to everyone over the age of 18.

No actually using your logic no one should die from a gun because the citixens do not have access to them.
In any case, I suppose I should point out that gun ownership is not banned in GB.
But I am not nieve enough to think as you do. People will always have a gun even if they have to steal one.

Hold on there junior
This is the comment that you jumped into

As I said for a country that virtually no citizen has access to a gun there shouldn't be anyoone being killed with a gun, but people in the UK are still being killed with guns. Now how can that be? The numbers should show 0 deaths by a gun. One is to many in any country, but 1 is way to many for a country that has taken the guns away from their citizens.
You said
That is a ridiculous argument.

I ask you one more time
If people do not have access to guns why are people dying from guns?
A country, state or city that has restrictive guns laws, no one should be killed by a gun.
It's the criminal eleiment that will have access to guns, long after the law abiding citizens has turned their guns in. I bet you think the polkice are obligated to protect you?

Gun control advocates operate strictly off emotion. And all gun control does is disarm law-abiding citizens.

Really? The poster M14 Shooter told me the other day that people convicted of felony gun crimes should not be banned from purchasing firearms, because that was a violation of the 2nd amendment.

Do you agree with him?
If a person is convicted and serves his or her sentence, is he/she still a criminal?

Do you think convicted felons should give up their right to vote even after their sentence is served?

Was that a yes, a no, or a once again daveman is too big a pussy to actually state his opinion...

Hold on there junior
This is the comment that you jumped into

As I said for a country that virtually no citizen has access to a gun there shouldn't be anyoone being killed with a gun, but people in the UK are still being killed with guns. Now how can that be? The numbers should show 0 deaths by a gun. One is to many in any country, but 1 is way to many for a country that has taken the guns away from their citizens.
You said
That is a ridiculous argument.

I ask you one more time
If people do not have access to guns why are people dying from guns?
A country, state or city that has restrictive guns laws, no one should be killed by a gun.
It's the criminal eleiment that will have access to guns, long after the law abiding citizens has turned their guns in. I bet you think the polkice are obligated to protect you?

But I can't argue with you on that because your premise is completely flawed.
Show me one of your polls that shows gun control will completely eliminate gun crime.

Further, the UK has not taken the guns away from its citizens.

Finally, if you believe that gun control should eliminate gun crime then why aren't you a gun control advocate? You seem to have completely changed your stance so you might as well come out of the closet now.
Your sentence from above;

Really? The poster M14 Shooter told me the other day that people convicted of felony gun crimes should not be banned from purchasing firearms, because that was a violation of the 2nd amendment.

Do you agree with him?
If a person is convicted and serves his or her sentence, is he/she still a criminal?

Do you think convicted felons should give up their right to vote even after their sentence is served?

Was that a yes, a no, or a once again daveman is too big a pussy to actually state his opinion...
Keep reading, dipshit. I haven't made my mind up yet. Although I would ask your opinion -- then choose the opposite. Because you're invariably wrong.

There'll be no gun ban, but there will be a proposal for a limit to magazine size.

No one but the far left fringe is calling for a "gun ban". Responsible Americans, both Democratic and Republican believe gun ownership is a right, a right that comes with personal responsibility; revocable for cause.
Only the far right fringe supports ownership of firearms by everyone.

Forum List

Back