obama just committed political suicide.

The problem with your poll, bigreb, is that you didn't read it.

Here's the poll data from YOUR poll (CBS/Opinion Research).
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2011/images/01/17/rel1b.pdf

The poll didn't ask if people were in favor of Gun control - it asked if they blame gun laws for the shooting in AZ.

I don't think you read he poll question number 18 taaken from the poll

Have the shootings in Arizona made you more likely to support stricter gun control laws, less likely to support stricter gun control laws, or has your opinion on gun control not changed as a result of the shootings in Arizona?

More likely 28%
less likely 3%
no change 69%
no opinion 0

This is the link I posted

No, I read it. I don't know if you did though. Your poll doesn't ask people what their positions on Gun Control were before the AZ shooting, only whether the shooting changed them.

That's what's missing from your poll.

I don't understand what does it matter 69% said their opinion did not change. I'm looking at the 69% as pro gun were as you more than likely aren't. But think of it this way if they were already for gun control before the shootings they will be for more stricter gun contols laws after the shootings. Their opinion will change so they will be part of the 28%

I don't think you read he poll question number 18 taaken from the poll

Have the shootings in Arizona made you more likely to support stricter gun control laws, less likely to support stricter gun control laws, or has your opinion on gun control not changed as a result of the shootings in Arizona?

More likely 28%
less likely 3%
no change 69%
no opinion 0

This is the link I posted

No, I read it. I don't know if you did though. Your poll doesn't ask people what their positions on Gun Control were before the AZ shooting, only whether the shooting changed them.

That's what's missing from your poll.

I don't understand what does it matter 69% said their opinion did not change. I'm looking at the 69% as pro gun were as you more than likely aren't. But think of it this way if they were already for gun control before the shootings they will be for more stricter gun contols laws after the shootings. Their opinion will change so they will be part of the 28%
You're making an assumption (and claiming that I'm making one two, which is not the case).

I'll give you an example - I'm in favor of a number of gun control laws. I don't think that guns should be illegal, but I do think there should be safeguards to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous people. The shooting in AZ did not change my opinion at all.

You're making an assumption that goes beyond the data that you have - I'm not claiming that you're wrong, just that the data isn't there.

I do think that you're overestimating the support for NO gun control laws.

You are a total ignorant ass.

critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where.

No you did not the UK has a gun ban. care to explain why they would have to turn their guns in?

I must say anyone who makes this comment about what I said

is full of shit and a total idiot or a troll.

Big Reb, when you're getting your arse kicked - and mate you are taking one hell of a kicking - it's best to leave the thread and go and lick your wounds.

You would have to be one of the most ill-informed, ignorant, not-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-draw posters on this board...

I am waiting for that to happen.

In all seriousness - no bullshit - I have yet to see you win one single debate on the USMB..

Big Reb, when you're getting your arse kicked - and mate you are taking one hell of a kicking - it's best to leave the thread and go and lick your wounds.

You would have to be one of the most ill-informed, ignorant, not-the-sharpest-knife-in-the-draw posters on this board...

In all seriousness - no bullshit - I have yet to see you win one single debate on the USMB..

WOW why am I not surprised to read that from you? AND NO BULLSHIT BACK AT YOU, WHEN WILL YOU WIN A DEBATE HERE?

There's no such thing as "winning" on an internet message board. Seriously.

Let's post the comment in context
"A country, state or city that has restrictive guns laws, no one should be killed by a gun.
It's the criminal eleiment that will have access to guns, long after the law abiding citizens has turned their guns in. I bet you think the polkice are obligated to protect you?'

DO YOU STILL WANT TO ADDRESS THAT SPIN YOU MENTIUONED EARLIER?

As for the rest of your bullshit post, you really do not know what in the hell you are talking about.

Here's that gun ban in the UK that you said did not exist

Time to bite the bullet on gun ban
I know you have much on your mind at the moment dealing with crises such as bulging prisons and escaped drug traffickers. It may seem strange then that I am writing to you about a sporting issue – one which you alone have the power to help with, that is if your officials can find the papers which are probably buried under a pile of other pressing matters.

Like me you will remember vividly the horror we all felt back in 1996 when 16 children and a teacher were shot dead at a school in Dunblane by a deranged man with a gun. Politicians reacted in haste to the call for 'something to be done'. A partial ban on hand guns was implemented immediately, followed by a total ban as one of the first measures taken by the new Labour Government in 1997.

Time to bite the bullet on gun ban - Telegraph

So you did say it?

We've already established that but thanks again.

As for your letter quoted above, yet again you haven't read it properly, just like you never watched the video critically.
It says that "...a partial ban on handguns was implemented immediately, followed by a total ban..." - he means on handguns, Mr Bigredneck!!!

Have a look here Gun Law in the UK

And, according to you I don't know what I'm talking about because I pulled that rubbish video 'report' apart.
You simply swallowed the spin without using any critical thinking at all.

Give me another link...this is fun.

And, according to you I don't know what I'm talking about because I pulled that rubbish video 'report' apart.

No you did not the UK has a gun ban. care to explain why they would have to turn their guns in?

Finally, if you believe that gun control should eliminate gun crime then why aren't you a gun control advocate? You seem to have completely changed your stance so you might as well come out of the closet now.
Your sentence from above;

Why are 'total idiot' or 'troll' the only options I have?
Don't put me in a box with a label, man.

You're right, the UK does have a gun ban.
Can you give me a link please?
I suggest that you read it yourself before you post it though, just to save the embarrassment later on.

And...if critical thinking makes me a Liberal, does that mean that Conservatives don't practice or believe in it?

There's no such thing as "winning" on an internet message board. Seriously.

That's right.

The only choices are:

1. Didn't lose.
2. Pwned.
3. Ass raped.
4. Ass raped without lube.
5. Disassembled.
6. Disemboweled and strangled with entrails.

But you can't win.

So you did say it?

We've already established that but thanks again.

As for your letter quoted above, yet again you haven't read it properly, just like you never watched the video critically.
It says that "...a partial ban on handguns was implemented immediately, followed by a total ban..." - he means on handguns, Mr Bigredneck!!!

Have a look here Gun Law in the UK

You simply swallowed the spin without using any critical thinking at all.

Give me another link...this is fun.

Finally, if you believe that gun control should eliminate gun crime then why aren't you a gun control advocate? You seem to have completely changed your stance so you might as well come out of the closet now.
Your sentence from above;

I suggest that you read it yourself before you post it though, just to save the embarrassment later on.

And...if critical thinking makes me a Liberal, does that mean that Conservatives don't practice or believe in it?

How about a troll that is a total idiot.

And...if critical thinking makes me a Liberal, does that mean that Conservatives don't practice or believe in it

Actually I said
"critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where". I never said Republican don't do it. It appears to me that Liberals use the term but never seem to practice the meaning of the word.

I have given you two, but for some reason your critical thinking had a malfunction

How about a troll that is a total idiot.

And...if critical thinking makes me a Liberal, does that mean that Conservatives don't practice or believe in it

Actually I said
"critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where". I never said Republican don't do it. It appears to me that Liberals use the term but never seem to practice the meaning of the word.

I have given you two, but for some reason your critical thinking had a malfunction

Actually I said
Careful, you're slipping into opinion here without a link or poll as a safety net, although since you speak for the majority of Americans I suppose that you're on safe ground.
By the way, was it deliberate that you didn't actually say that Republicans use critical thinking?

As for your two links...a letter to the paper complaining about a handgun ban, a NRA 'report' on some angry people not allowed to kill foxes anymore, a cop that wants tougher gun laws (possibly) and some poor bloke that got locked up for murder.
Is that them?

Last edited:
Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.

Really! The amount of people killed by gunfire in the whole of Western Europe is less the amount killed in the US every year.

Pushing gun control is probably the single most effective way of increasing Tea Party participation right now. Please, pull the trigger Mr. President. Pretty please.

Forum List

Back