obama just committed political suicide.

Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.

Really! The amount of people killed by gunfire in the whole of Western Europe is less the amount killed in the US every year.

Says the guy with a weapon for an arm avie. :lol:

Why are 'total idiot' or 'troll' the only options I have?
Don't put me in a box with a label, man.

You're right, the UK does have a gun ban.
Can you give me a link please?
I suggest that you read it yourself before you post it though, just to save the embarrassment later on.

And...if critical thinking makes me a Liberal, does that mean that Conservatives don't practice or believe in it?

How about a troll that is a total idiot.

Actually I said
"critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where". I never said Republican don't do it. It appears to me that Liberals use the term but never seem to practice the meaning of the word.

I have given you two, but for some reason your critical thinking had a malfunction

Actually I said
"critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where". I never said Republican don't do it. It appears to me that Liberals use the term but never seem to practice the meaning of the word.
Careful, you're slipping into opinion here without a link or poll as a safety net, although since you speak for the majority of Americans I suppose that you're on safe ground.
By the way, was it deliberate that you didn't actually say that Republicans use critical thinking?

As for your two links...a letter to the paper complaining about a handgun ban, a NRA 'report' on some angry people not allowed to kill foxes anymore, a cop that wants tougher gun laws (possibly) and some poor bloke that got locked up for murder.
Is that them?

a letter to the paper complaining about a handgun ban

Why complain about a ban that doesn't exsist, unless there is a ban? What a concept. WOW.

Careful, you're slipping into opinion here without a link or poll as a safety net, although since you speak for the majority of Americans I suppose that you're on safe ground.
You've been using your opinion for most of this discussion. There you go again trying to do that critical thinking again. Let's just say I am a member of the gun community, I talk with other gun owners, who know other gun owners who know other gun owners...... and most of us views gun issues the same way. Plus I keep a close watch on any gun issue that comes up in the news. Why do you think I was the first person to post on this board about the currennt gun control issue?

By the way, was it deliberate that you didn't actually say that Republicans use critical thinking?

There you go again twisting something into this that is not there.
I said "critical thinking a term widely over used by liberals every where". I don't recall hearing many republicans use the term, they may do it but hardly use the term in a conversation.

Indeed. Government should be out of the marriage business altogether. Civil unions for all, religious ceremonies for those who desire.

I agree with that one.

The word "marriage" would be stricken from the government record books.

I would take it one step further...as long as the two individuals are over the age of 18, were of sound mind, and were not in another civil union, anyone would be able to enter into a civil union.

It would be a legal partnership, like LLC or other business partnerships.

A son and a mother could enter a civil union if they so desired. A brother and a sister.

The best thing about civil unions being used as a legal paring from a personal business sense is that the government would be able to distance itself from issuing a certificate linked to sex (i.e., marriage)

Pushing gun control is probably the single most effective way of increasing Tea Party participation right now. Please, pull the trigger Mr. President. Pretty please.

Yeah, get the tea party all fired up to ensure a Democratic victory come 2012. Don't you get it, area's of this country with major populations will never support a tea party canidate.

Gun control makes sense. If President Obama has the balls to push gun control, more power to him. It is the right thing to do.

How does that gun control in england work? It's amazing with all the guns out of the hands of the citizens of britian that people are still killed with guns.

Really! The amount of people killed by gunfire in the whole of Western Europe is less the amount killed in the US every year.

Really? Actually your comment should have been since Western Europe has more gun control than the U.S. no one has been killed by a gun. but you can't do that can you?

Indeed. Government should be out of the marriage business altogether. Civil unions for all, religious ceremonies for those who desire.

I agree with that one.

I would take it one step further...as long as the two individuals are over the age of 18, were of sound mind, and were not in another civil union, anyone would be able to enter into a civil union.

A son and a mother could enter a civil union if they so desired. A brother and a sister.

The best thing about civil unions being used as a legal paring from a personal business sense is that the government would be able to distance itself from issuing a certificate linked to sex (i.e., marriage)
Y'know...that sounds reasonable to me.

Pushing gun control is probably the single most effective way of increasing Tea Party participation right now. Please, pull the trigger Mr. President. Pretty please.

Yeah, get the tea party all fired up to ensure a Democratic victory come 2012. Don't you get it, area's of this country with major populations will never support a tea party canidate.

It worked so well for you in 2010. You've already lost in major population areas. But, I prefer you keep thinking the way you are.

I agree with that one.

it even sounds civil:lol:

I agree with that one.

it even sounds civil:lol:
:lol:

Really? Actually your comment should have been since Western Europe has more gun control than the U.S. no one has been killed by a gun. but you can't do that can you?

nothing in this world is obsolute, its called gun control, not total gun removal. As long as there guns people will use them to shoot other people. All I am saying is maybe it's time we make those guns harder to get for all those people who intend to shoot other people.

Sooo...you think that gun control should lead to no gun crimes?
What about illegal drugs...how's that going?

nothing in this world is obsolute, its called gun control, not total gun removal. As long as there guns people will use them to shoot other people. All I am saying is maybe it's time we make those guns harder to get for all those people who intend to shoot other people.

Oh brother....:rolleyes:

Remember....it's not the guns, it's the people. The people who want to kill people are the ones that will still end up with the guns.
When a person gets a 20 year sentence....he gets a 20 year sentence and not a 10 year stint, or probation.
Don't try and screw the average American because of a felon.

The only people you can possibly make it harder on will be honest people. How much harder do you think it is for a criminal to get a gun today than it was ten years ago? The biggest deterent to mass shootings is an armed citizen's presence.

Gun control...Really! This is why Jefferson said...

"God forbid we should ever be twenty years without such a rebellion.
The people cannot be all, and always, well informed. The part which is
wrong will be discontented, in proportion to the importance of the facts
they misconceive. If they remain quiet under such misconceptions,
it is lethargy, the forerunner of death to the public liberty. ...

And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not
warned from time to time, that this people preserve the spirit of
resistance? Let them take arms. The remedy is to set them right as
to the facts, pardon and pacify them. What signify a few lives lost
in a century or two? The tree of liberty must be refreshed from
time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
It is its natural manure."

AMERICANS CALLING FOR IMPEACHMENT OF OBAMA!

AMERICANS CALLING FOR IMPEACHMENT OF OBAMA! | Facebook

The only people you can possibly make it harder on will be honest people. How much harder do you think it is for a criminal to get a gun today than it was ten years ago? The biggest deterent to mass shootings is an armed citizen's presence.

Question about the mass shootings. We have had alot over the years, how many where stopped by an armed citizen?

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

Yet with gun control in other countries Such as Russia, Germany, China came a total ban. How did that work for the people?

Yeah...just look at Europe in rebellion throwing stick and stones at their gov't oppressors....:cuckoo:

What Western Europen country is in rebellion right now? And if they where what are a bunch a people with guns going to do against a modern military?

Forum List

Back