obama just committed political suicide.

I asked you how does it feel to be a subject of the crown?

Fine this end. How does it feel to know that a 'subject of the crown' is more free than a citizen of a republic...

Your bud just said he wasn't a subject of the crown. I can call the president a piece of shit all day long and too his face can you do that to the queen?

Why are you picking on the Brits. Remember that England IS our mother country. More importantly, they gave us The Beatles!!!!

Fine this end. How does it feel to know that a 'subject of the crown' is more free than a citizen of a republic...

Your bud just said he wasn't a subject of the crown. I can call the president a piece of shit all day long and too his face can you do that to the queen?

Why are you picking on the Brits. Remember that England IS our mother country. More importantly, they gave us The Beatles!!!!

New Zealand, they aren't brits. But ilb has been trying to be a ass.

Leave it out guv!
You posted a nonsensical link, I naturally assumed you were acting the clown.
Weren't you acting?

Was it maybe the link (the first one on the Google page you posted) to a report on the Australian election which was "...rapidly being defined by how tough, lean and stingy its leaders can show themselves to be."?
The point being made here is that it is the exact opposite of Pork Barrel Politics.

Or was there another one!

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. But I do want to thank you for your civility and for the fact that you answered the question succinctly and intelligemtly. You're a nice guy. :)

Sure thing...that's what it's all about!! lol. I can get pretty heated sometimes (especially about the 2nd Amendment), but it's usually because someone else is slinging figurative doo doo everywhere.

Guns just make some people uncomfortable and that's ok. I think it's a cultural thing IMO. Not that we're all that different, but just grew up being comfortable and uncomfortable with different things. My aunt doesn't like guns because they make her uncomfortable. She's never had any experience (good or bad) with them, she just doesn't like them and doesn't want them in her house. I think the same concept goes for other things as well.

That makes perfect sense. I don't think I'd be comfortable with a gun in the house either. I grew up in L.A. and I never really knew anybody that owned a gun. As far as I know anyway. But I have known plenty of people with bad tempers and I hate to think what would have happened if they had had a gun handy when they were angry.

When my sister was a new bride, her neighbor was shot dead by her husband when he found out she had been cheating. My sister was so traumatized by it. Guess I would have been too.

I can understand the discomfort with it then. That show "30 Days" had an episode where an anti-gun advocate went and stayed with a pro-gun advocate. (In my opinion the pro-gun advocate was a little much). However, the sound of a gunshot made the woman cry at first and she couldn't handle it. She actually wanted all guns to be banned and didn't think anyone should own one. I think she had a similar violent situation in which a roomate or something was murdered. Anyway, during the 30 days, she was taken to a suburban neighborhood to meet a guy whose family (husband, wife, and two daughters) was almost slaughtered in their homes by a stalker. The man busted down their door and started shooting. Luckily the homeowner carried a handgun and shot back. A firefight insued, in the kitchen between, the two and the criminal was hit three times in the chest. He had on a bullet-proof vest so it didn't kill him, but did knock him out of the door where her eventually ran off. The authorities eventually caught him and discovered that he had been watching and stalking the family for months. About 15 minutes before this incident, the criminal had killed an entire family he was stalking a couple of blocks away. After hearing this and eventually reading about numerous cases in which law-abiding citizens were actually saved by their firearms, the anti-gun advocate changed her tune a little bit. I think she was still primarily for more gun restrictions, but didnt' think guns should be banned altogether...this is what I gathered from the episode anyway.

Last edited:
Stupidity has little to do with intelligence, as Miss Mensa proves repeatedly. It has much to do with attitude that substitutes personal bias for objective facts.

Obama right now will wax most of the GOP possibilities, including every candidate from the far right. You wingers better come to grips with reality and realize that Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, Christie or someone like that will be the nominee if the GOP wants a chance to win.

Leave it out guv!
Weren't you acting?

Was it maybe the link (the first one on the Google page you posted) to a report on the Australian election which was "...rapidly being defined by how tough, lean and stingy its leaders can show themselves to be."?
The point being made here is that it is the exact opposite of Pork Barrel Politics.

It was a google page that as supposed to show new zealand pork poltics. I fixed the link.

Stupidity has little to do with intelligence, as Miss Mensa proves repeatedly. It has much to do with attitude that substitutes personal bias for objective facts.

Obama right now will wax most of the GOP possibilities, including every candidate from the far right. You wingers better come to grips with reality and realize that Romney, Huckabee, Pawlenty, Christie or someone like that will be the nominee if the GOP wants a chance to win.

Once again with jakes approveal of romeny shows he's a far left republican better known as a rino.:lol:

Leave it out guv!
Weren't you acting?

It was a google page that as supposed to show new zealand pork poltics. I fixed the link.

It's rather difficult to carry on a discussion with you when your references are so inaccurate.

Pork politics you say?
Well, a decision has been made by the gummint to ban sow crates in the interests of animal welfare, which has upset the pork industry somewhat.

Pork barrel politics I suppose you are meaning though (every post of yours needs translating into English!).
A link to a conservative think tank suggesting that there is pork barrel politicking at work in NZ...I bet I could find a link saying that Sarah Palin is a man or that the earth is flat.
How about one showing that NZ is the second-equal least corrupt nation on earth Corruption by country. Definition, graph and map. ?

Leave it out guv!
Weren't you acting?

It's rather difficult to carry on a discussion with you when your references are so inaccurate.

Pork politics you say?
Well, a decision has been made by the gummint to ban sow crates in the interests of animal welfare, which has upset the pork industry somewhat.

Pork barrel politics I suppose you are meaning though (every post of yours needs translating into English!).
A link to a conservative think tank suggesting that there is pork barrel politicking at work in NZ...I bet I could find a link saying that Sarah Palin is a man or that the earth is flat.
How about one showing that NZ is the second-equal least corrupt nation on earth Corruption by country. Definition, graph and map. ?

I prefer education and humanitarian rankings....:eusa_whistle::cool:

Pork politics you say?

I prefer education and humanitarian rankings....:eusa_whistle::cool:

Yeah...they're pretty good but The USA has Nathan's Hot Dog Eating Contest - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
They can be made out of pork as well.

So, Big reb, want to discuss any more points on how freer you are because you are a citizen, compared to us mere subjects?

As I said if you think you government is run any differant than the U.S. governent you are completely foolish. But we do have our guns if our government goes o far. What do you have a few guns rocks and boards? Oh yell you do have that english arrogance, and a spot of tea.

Or just the public is just to damn progressive and the government doesn't have to hide what it does from the people in your country.

Transparency International has once again ranked New Zealand at number one in the world for its lack of corruption. Its corruption perception rating is 9.3 out of 10 (down slightly from 9.4 in 2009), suggesting that the public sector and politics is free of the type of financial dishonesty, bribery, fraud and sleaze that is more commonly found in other western liberal
liberation: Political corruption in New Zealand

Hell yell any government can be open if it's a progressive government and there people are progressive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Leave it out guv!
Weren't you acting?

Pork politics you say?

yell you would even find it hard to locate your ass if the government didn't do it for you.

So, Big reb, want to discuss any more points on how freer you are because you are a citizen, compared to us mere subjects?

As I said if you think you government is run any differant than the U.S. governent you are completely foolish. But we do have our guns if our government goes o far. What do you have a few guns rocks and boards? Oh yell you do have that english arrogance, and a spot of tea.

Or just the public is just to damn progressive and the government doesn't have to hide what it does from the people in your country.

Transparency International has once again ranked New Zealand at number one in the world for its lack of corruption. Its corruption perception rating is 9.3 out of 10 (down slightly from 9.4 in 2009), suggesting that the public sector and politics is free of the type of financial dishonesty, bribery, fraud and sleaze that is more commonly found in other western liberal

Hell yell any government can be open if it's a progressive government and there people are progressive.

What an awful state of affairs!
I can understand your disdain now!

Pork politics you say?

yell you would even find it hard to locate your ass if the government didn't do it for you.

You've given up already?

What you bloats do is New Zealand would not work here. We are not as progressive as you are.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dyePB4sNqtE

What you bloats do is New Zealand would not work here. We are not as progressive as you are.

No, it would seem you aren't.

Forum List

Back