obama just committed political suicide.

So, you're saying "Yes, I'm sorry you are right, universal rights are protected in the Commonwealth and were part of English law before the USA was even invented".

I've paraphrased I know but I think I've nailed it.
I asked you how does it feel to be a subject of the crown?

Well, how would I know that?
You love your non-sequiturs don't you?

The queen isn't going to like hearing this. After all denial is not your friend. gawd save the queen.

So, you're saying "Yes, I'm sorry you are right, universal rights are protected in the Commonwealth and were part of English law before the USA was even invented".

I've paraphrased I know but I think I've nailed it.

Fine this end. How does it feel to know that a 'subject of the crown' is more free than a citizen of a republic...

Your bud just said he wasn't a subject of the crown. I can call the president a piece of shit all day long and too his face can you do that to the queen?

Fine this end. How does it feel to know that a 'subject of the crown' is more free than a citizen of a republic...

Your bud just said he wasn't a subject of the crown. I can call the president a piece of shit all day long and too his face can you do that to the queen?

It doesn't matter if we could or not.
We simply wouldn't.
That statement says more about you than us.

We are all the queen's subjects. Probably not to her face, but you wouldn't get in that much trouble. I remember a person throwing an egg at her and another throwing a wet tshirt while on visits to NZ. The persons were arrested for disorderly conduct. If it had been Joe Public who had had an egg thrown at them, the instigator would have been arrested, so her status has little or nothing to do with it. Are you about saying that to the president? I remember a certain citizen being booted out of a rally because she was wearing an anti-Bush shirt.

That aside, if you want to go through your freedoms vs ours, more than happy to. And I'm talking in practical terms, not what is written on a piece of paper. What you Yanks have on a piece of paper, and what you have in reality, are two different things. In fact, your president - the office not the person - certainly seems to act more like a King that our PMs....

We are all the queen's subjects. Probably not to her face, but you wouldn't get in that much trouble. I remember a person throwing an egg at her and another throwing a wet tshirt while on visits to NZ. The persons were arrested for disorderly conduct. If it had been Joe Public who had had an egg thrown at them, the instigator would have been arrested, so her status has little or nothing to do with it. Are you about saying that to the president? I remember a certain citizen being booted out of a rally because she was wearing an anti-Bush shirt.

That aside, if you want to go through your freedoms vs ours, more than happy to. And I'm talking in practical terms, not what is written on a piece of paper. What you Yanks have on a piece of paper, and what you have in reality, are two different things. In fact, your president - the office not the person - certainly seems to act more like a King that our PMs....

What freedoms could you possibly have that would surpass the Freedoms we have here in America?

It doesn't matter if we could or not.
We simply wouldn't.
That statement says more about you than us.

Oh y'ell thats right you still have a little bit of that english breeding in you:lol:

What freedoms could you possibly have that would surpass the Freedoms we have here in America?

Name something....anything....

You are the one who said

'subject of the crown' is more free than a citizen of a republic

Maybe you should start first.

You are the one who said

Your govt is run by lobbyists..

While lobbying is not illegal in NZ, it is deeply frowned upon. If you wish to commit political suicide down here, tell your constituants you have received money from a lobbyist. Washington DC is overrun by lobbyist - they have a lot more influence on your politicians than you do.

Also, when a bill is passed in our Parliament - like say the Homosexual Law Reform Bill - guess what the only subject matter is? Homosexual Law reform. No pork. No unrelated laws buried in the legislation. No "If you add this totally unrelated piece of legislation to your bill, I'll vote for it" crap. You get the picture...

Last edited:

You are the one who said

While lobbying is not illegal in NZ, it is deeply frowned upon. If you wish to commit political suicide down here, tell your constituants you have received money from a lobbyist. Washington DC is overrun by lobbyist - they have a lot more influence on your politicians than you do.

Also, when a bill is passed in our Parliament - like say the Homosexual Law Reform Bill - guess what the only subject matter is? Homosexual Law reform. No pork. No unrelated laws buried in the legislation. No "If you add this totally unrelated piece of legislation to your bill, I'll vote for it" crap. You get the picture...

While lobbying is not illegal in NZ, it is deeply frowned upon.

You think your government is run any differant than the U.S. government? Both are run by the globalist.:lol:

No pork. No unrelated laws buried in the legislation.
http://www.google.com/search?source...nd+pork+barrel+laws&pbx=1&fp=3a1e39b92513ae75

You are the one who said

You think your government is run any differant than the U.S. government? Both are run by the globalist.:lol:

New Zealand pork laws - Google Search

No, they are not.

Read the links in your link....

You are the one who said

A link to a bar review?

Actually, I've killed three pigs in the last few years with my pistol. I shot one with my rifle, but one came out of the brush a few yards away while I was on foot. The other two I killed at close range from my truck. Darn things walked out right next to me. They were too close for a rifle. Also, they are VERY mean and will attack you.

As far as "the average person" I feel like I am an average guy. I think anyone who commits a crime with a gun should automatically be sentenced to life in prison. I agree that murder is messy period. As far as being against the law, it's the nut cases with hair tempers that specifically won't follow the law and get a gun illegally and use it for violence. I don't think prohibiting people from owning guns will do much good, considering that the law-abiding citizens are the only ones who will follow the law.

I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree. But I do want to thank you for your civility and for the fact that you answered the question succinctly and intelligemtly. You're a nice guy. :)

Sure thing...that's what it's all about!! lol. I can get pretty heated sometimes (especially about the 2nd Amendment), but it's usually because someone else is slinging figurative doo doo everywhere.

Guns just make some people uncomfortable and that's ok. I think it's a cultural thing IMO. Not that we're all that different, but just grew up being comfortable and uncomfortable with different things. My aunt doesn't like guns because they make her uncomfortable. She's never had any experience (good or bad) with them, she just doesn't like them and doesn't want them in her house. I think the same concept goes for other things as well.

That makes perfect sense. I don't think I'd be comfortable with a gun in the house either. I grew up in L.A. and I never really knew anybody that owned a gun. As far as I know anyway. But I have known plenty of people with bad tempers and I hate to think what would have happened if they had had a gun handy when they were angry.

When my sister was a new bride, her neighbor was shot dead by her husband when he found out she had been cheating. My sister was so traumatized by it. Guess I would have been too.

A link to a bar review?

Soon when people click on the link they will see how dishonest you are.:eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back