obama just committed political suicide.

Ooohhhh, alright then, I can't help it, you've dragged me in, you're too much fun to play with!

Have you heard of the Magna Carta?

Good grief, what am I saying?
How about you Google something called 'Magna Carta' and look at the pictures?

How about you tell me that you aren't a subject to the crown? and we'll leave it at that.

Couldn't you find it?

I would like to know what it's like to be a subject of the crown? I've never known that feeling. gawd save the queen.

Pardon?
Population Germany approx 82.4 million.
Population Montana approx 989 thousand

Area Germany 357,000 sq km
Area Montana 381,000 sq km

So your argument is that Germany has about 50% more firearm deaths per square km than Montana?
Despite having about 83 times the population?
WTF?? 82 million? Where the hell did you get your facts from? So you mean to tell me that there is 1 person for every 22 feet of land? Humm? I guess the global warming goons should hate Germany..

231 people per sq km.
You still didn't post your source and your math is still off

WTF?? 82 million? Where the hell did you get your facts from? So you mean to tell me that there is 1 person for every 22 feet of land? Humm? I guess the global warming goons should hate Germany..

231 people per sq km.

You apparently need to learn how to use Google. Germany's murder rate is, in fact, about half that of the united states. Can't argue against that. You CAN however address the fact that it is not necessarily connected with gun ownership or controls.
Homicide Rate by Country
Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are discrepancies though. For one, the way calculating the rates is different in each country. I am finding it far harder to find whether or not the US collection and Germanys collection can even be compared. The true test is the CHANGE in crime rates as gun laws are increased/decreased in each individual country. In that matter, it is almost always better to have more relaxed gun laws.
LiveLeak.com - Different laws, different results:Norway, Finland,Germany, France

231 people per sq km.

You apparently need to learn how to use Google. Germany's murder rate is, in fact, about half that of the united states. Can't argue against that. You CAN however address the fact that it is not necessarily connected with gun ownership or controls.
Homicide Rate by Country
Murders (per capita) statistics - countries compared - NationMaster
List of countries by intentional homicide rate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

There are discrepancies though. For one, the way calculating the rates is different in each country. I am finding it far harder to find whether or not the US collection and Germanys collection can even be compared. The true test is the CHANGE in crime rates as gun laws are increased/decreased in each individual country. In that matter, it is almost always better to have more relaxed gun laws.
LiveLeak.com - Different laws, different results:Norway, Finland,Germany, France

This is not within the conversation, he was saying that there is 82 million people in Germany which would would make 1 person for every 22 sq ft. This is so far off the realm of reality its not even close.

Germany had 200 gun related murders in 2010 with a population 3.2 million, not 82 million.
Montana (Similar in land mass) had 140 homicides involving firearms, but there is no study that I can find that isolated homicides and murders. Montana has a population of 997,000 but the determination for gun control usually is defined by the statistics of murders vs crimes committed with firearms. Here in Florida there was a study looking into the relationship of gun laws and crimes because of a Senator wanting to make the gun laws tougher. The study showed that for every crime committed with a firearm there was 10 crimes stopped. This is why Florida is actually looking into bringing back open carry.

Now if the States would quit pandering to high crime areas with bs lack of enforcement of laws than the murder rate would decline drastically... But to compare this Country with a population of 330.000,000 to a Country with 3,000,000 is obscene. Any area that has smaller populations are commonly easier to control. We have more people in our prison systems than Germany has for a population.

231 people per sq km.

feet of land?

at least get the dimensions right, nimrod.

Sorry didn't know putting something into prospective was still too hard to comprehend.

Picture this, you're standing in a 22 sq ft area. Meaning if you're standing in the center you have 5.5 feet on either side of you and only 11 feet between you and the next person. Now how can you have a country with that damn many people? Get it? Did I dumb it down far enough for you???

feet of land?

Sorry didn't know putting something into prospective was still too hard to comprehend.

Picture this, you're standing in a 22 sq ft area. Meaning if you're standing in the center you have 5.5 feet on either side of you and only 11 feet between you and the next person. Now how can you have a country with that damn many people? Get it? Did I dumb it down far enough for you???

prospective?

at least you did go sq this time.

If thats the case lets disarm the police in this country they are people aren't they, oh hell lets disarm the military while were at and that also would include obamas secert service detail.

You're talking stupid. You know perfectly well that we are not talking about the police or the military right now. We are talking about citizens that have no need and no business carrying a gun.

Would you mind explaining specifically why you don't think citizens should own firearms?

Sure. Maybe you'll be the one to finally answer this question. Why do we need guns?? They are for shooting!! What is it that these gun fiends want to shoot?? I can't think of a thing.

feet of land?

I can hardly talk about it with you when your basic facts are so wrong, we have no basis for discussion.
Try your own CIA's information https://www.cia.gov/library/publications/the-world-factbook/geos/gm.html

You're talking stupid. You know perfectly well that we are not talking about the police or the military right now. We are talking about citizens that have no need and no business carrying a gun.

Would you mind explaining specifically why you don't think citizens should own firearms?

Sure. Maybe you'll be the one to finally answer this question. Why do we need guns?? They are for shooting!! What is it that these gun fiends want to shoot?? I can't think of a thing.

Well, let me begin by saying that I live in a rural farming area. One thing we shoot (and plenty of) is wild hogs. They destroy millions of acres of land in my state every year. Try googling the feral hog population and you'll see that they reproduce faster than we can control them. So, for starters, we shoot ALOT of pigs. (they also make great sausage.) You could almost say that I save alot of money by not having to purchase sausage and other pork, cause I can get it for about $10.00(the cost of the bullet and seasoning ingredients)

There are several reasons why we "need" guns. 1. Guns have already been invented, produced, and sold. Not just in this country, but in others. The fact is that criminals already have them and will continue to get them. We need guns to protect ourselves. To pretend that all of the guns can be found and taken away is naive. Even if the government magically forbid people to own guns, people would still get them. I suppose if this argument had begun before guns were invented, then it might have some merit...
2. Hunting- I hunt every year and am able to harvest enough meat to last a long time. Sometimes I have meat from the previous year. I enjoy not having to go buy a bunch of meat when I get get it from the land.

3. Recreation- I love to shoot. I would never want to have to shoot at a person, but it's a skill that I enjoy learning and improving on. There's no maliciousness to it. I don't run around like rambo and just start shooting at things. I like target shooting. It's a controlled and safe environment.

The simple fact, is that without guns, murder would be more gruesome IMO. During medeival times, all sorts of killing and torture machines were invented. In wars people hacked each other apart with swords, axes, and blades. It was a very gruesome thing. Can you imagine what murder would be like if guns had never been invented? People will continue to kill one another without guns. Many people get upset when we have these mass shootings (and we should); however, we have serial killers that kill 50 people in 10 years with a knife and it doesn't make anyone think differently about knives...

• Thanks
Reactions: idb

I can answer the question! For me its not as much of a need to own a firearm but because I want to own a firearm.

What does my owning a full-auto link-belt fed M-60 in .308 infringe you in any shape or form?

Quit trying to tell me that because you don't like something means you should have the right to force your views on me.

I concede that abortion, even as bad as I think it is, I don't think the government should infringe on the rights of the woman. I think that the father should have rights and there should be a point to where the fetus should have rights but I'm not pushing my views of life on you as you shouldn't push your views on me.

Well, let me begin by saying that I live in a rural farming area. One thing we shoot (and plenty of) is wild hogs. They destroy millions of acres of land in my state every year. Try googling the feral hog population and you'll see that they reproduce faster than we can control them. So, for starters, we shoot ALOT of pigs. (they also make great sausage.) You could almost say that I save alot of money by not having to purchase sausage and other pork, cause I can get it for about $10.00(the cost of the bullet and seasoning ingredients)

There are several reasons why we "need" guns. 1. Guns have already been invented, produced, and sold. Not just in this country, but in others. The fact is that criminals already have them and will continue to get them. We need guns to protect ourselves. To pretend that all of the guns can be found and taken away is naive. Even if the government magically forbid people to own guns, people would still get them. I suppose if this argument had begun before guns were invented, then it might have some merit...
2. Hunting- I hunt every year and am able to harvest enough meat to last a long time. Sometimes I have meat from the previous year. I enjoy not having to go buy a bunch of meat when I get get it from the land.

3. Recreation- I love to shoot. I would never want to have to shoot at a person, but it's a skill that I enjoy learning and improving on. There's no maliciousness to it. I don't run around like rambo and just start shooting at things. I like target shooting. It's a controlled and safe environment.

The simple fact, is that without guns, murder would be more gruesome IMO. During medeival times, all sorts of killing and torture machines were invented. In wars people hacked each other apart with swords, axes, and blades. It was a very gruesome thing. Can you imagine what murder would be like if guns had never been invented? People will continue to kill one another without guns. Many people get upset when we have these mass shootings (and we should); however, we have serial killers that kill 50 people in 10 years with a knife and it doesn't make anyone think differently about knives...

I understand what you're saying. But the average person does not have pigs to shoot or wild hogs running around. By the way, don't you have to use a rifle for that?? And I think murder is messy no matter what method of killing is used. There are too many nut cases in this world and too many people with hair trigger tempers to carry around a gun or a knife. Both weapons should be against the law. Hunting and killing animals for food is entirely different.

I understand what you're saying. But the average person does not have pigs to shoot or wild hogs running around. By the way, don't you have to use a rifle for that?? And I think murder is messy no matter what method of killing is used. There are too many nut cases in this world and too many people with hair trigger tempers to carry around a gun or a knife. Both weapons should be against the law. Hunting and killing animals for food is entirely different.

Actually, I've killed three pigs in the last few years with my pistol. I shot one with my rifle, but one came out of the brush a few yards away while I was on foot. The other two I killed at close range from my truck. Darn things walked out right next to me. They were too close for a rifle. Also, they are VERY mean and will attack you.

As far as "the average person" I feel like I am an average guy. I think anyone who commits a crime with a gun should automatically be sentenced to life in prison. I agree that murder is messy period. As far as being against the law, it's the nut cases with hair tempers that specifically won't follow the law and get a gun illegally and use it for violence. I don't think prohibiting people from owning guns will do much good, considering that the law-abiding citizens are the only ones who will follow the law.

And yet it has been shown over and over again that the laws that control guns do not affect crime in a positive manner. there is even much evidence that they affect it in a negative manner. What you are falling back on is that they 'should' be controlled. It seems that gun control advocates want gun control simply because it would make them feel better without any actual benefits. What this comes down to is that laws that take away someone's rights or abilities must have a damn good reason to exist. A warm fuzzy is not a good enough reason to take away guns. If there were demonstrable effects on crime rates then there would be something to be said but as it stands, no one has shown that to exist.

People don't need a reason to own a gun in the same manner that you don't need a reason to own anything. I don't have to explain why I want a particular picture, glass statue or a garden gnome. I can own these things simply because I want to. The fact that they can be used in a crime is also irrelevant. Should someone down the street decide that beating people to death with a garden gnome was fun that would not change the fact that I could own one. If they increased crime rates then that would be a different story but as I said, you and no one else has shown that to be the case.

Forum List

Back