Obama KILLS my HealthCare -- Leaves me to die...

flacaltenn

Diamond Member
Jun 9, 2011
Hillbilly Hollywood, Tenn
"If you like your current health insurance .... You can keep it"...

We let them lie.. We allow them to pass legislation that nobody reads. AND SOME OF US keep re-electing them..

Just picked up notice that the Professional Organization that has been offering me insurance for 25 years is being ended as of Dec 31st..

It is now ILLEGAL to offer group plans if you are NOT an employer.

So now professional organizations catering to their self-employed members will not be ALLOWED to offer coverage. Being self-employed for 25 yrs -- I HAVE no employer. I've just been dumped into the chaos and INTRUSIVE PRYING ARMS of the govt. run exchanges.

Not only that -- but I am uninsurable. Technically a cancer patient tho my form of Leukemia requires no anticipated treatment. AND I have a tremor condition and take statin drugs.. Been refused for underwriting.. Don't CARE to toss into a govt run exchange and then STILL GET SCREWED by the choices of insurers that are in there..

STOP THEM FROM LYING.. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.. I doubt if ANY CONGRESS critters knew that this bill would OUTLAW professional group plans..

Now this WAS NOT a lie..

"We have to PASS the bill, so you can find out what is in it" Evil Aunt Nancy

NEVER heard that professional groups could not offer group insurance.. Think SanFranNan knew that?

Why wasn't she fired???

We let them lie.. We allow them to pass legislation that nobody reads. AND SOME OF US keep re-electing them..

Just picked up notice that the Professional Organization that has been offering me insurance for 25 years is being ended as of Dec 31st..

So now professional organizations catering to their self-employed members will not be ALLOWED to offer coverage. Being self-employed for 25 yrs -- I HAVE no employer. I've just been dumped into the chaos and INTRUSIVE PRYING ARMS of the govt. run exchanges.

Not only that -- but I am uninsurable. Technically a cancer patient tho my form of Leukemia requires no anticipated treatment. AND I have a tremor condition and take statin drugs.. Been refused for underwriting.. Don't CARE to toss into a govt run exchange and then STILL GET SCREWED by the choices of insurers that are in there..

STOP THEM FROM LYING.. HOLD THEM ACCOUNTABLE.. I doubt if ANY CONGRESS critters knew that this bill would OUTLAW professional group plans..

the way i see it, anyone who voted for him i hope gets the screws put to them...... just like this.

it would be sweet justice.

Right now I have 200,000 member Professional Org that cares about it's membership hiring EXPERT health managers to run my policy.. They don't ask for anything but a CHECK every quarter.

TOMORROW --- I get a newly converted inner city "community organizer" who was working for Obama America a week ago -- pumping me for full financial and health disclosure and "guiding" me into bondage. Along with a pitiful choice of the type of coverage that I really need and want..

THAT'S a big improvement ain't it? Having to make both HHS and the IRS happy with all my financial and health decisions.. IT'S A FUCKING OBAMANATION.. That's what it is..

1) If I go to the exchange and tell them I WANT NO SUBSIDY.. Do you think they'll excuse me from reporting to HHS AND IRS intimate details of my life? I'd rather die than submit to that bureaucracy...

2) Do you think I could get just a CATASTROPHIC or high deductible policy so that I can negotiate and manage my OWN health care expenses? And thus do SOMETHING about the cost of my care?

3) WHY is it now illegal for folks to organize their OWN groups and pools under Professional Orgs? It was COMPLETELY PORTABLE and accountable to their own membership? WHAT could possibly be the motive of eliminating an option like that?

Last edited:
I really need to pummel someone today.. I need a leftist Obama Suck-Up revolutionary to smack around right now.. You want to see GENIUNE anger that not's gonna die???

Tell me how great this is...

I really need to pummel someone today.. I need a leftist Obama Suck-Up revolutionary to smack around right now.. You want to see GENIUNE anger that not's gonna die???

thing was.... they never said it was going to be great.

what they promised was it was going to be great for anyone who did not have health care.

The takers, the parasitic class who don't want to, and won't have to, pay for anything themselves, and simply sit around on their dumb asses and tell us that we need to give them more.

what they promised was it was going to be great for anyone who did not have health care.

What do ya think the odds are of any leftist poster showing up to defend any of this?
There is no defense of these decisions..

Actually thinking of my daughter -- she's nearing the age where she will be REQUIRED to enroll.. Regardless of her personal conditions or choice.. She HAS healthcare because now I pay for it.. In a year or two --- she won't.. I doubt that she's gonna come away from her INTRODUCTION to "government help" with a really favorable opinion..

MAYBE --- this will work in our favor in a relatively short period of time..

What do ya think the odds are of any leftist poster showing up to defend any of this?

Actually thinking of my daughter -- she's nearing the age where she will be REQUIRED to enroll.. Regardless of her personal conditions or choice.. She HAS healthcare because now I pay for it.. In a year or two --- she won't.. I doubt that she's gonna come away from her INTRODUCTION to "government help" with a really favorable opinion..

MAYBE --- this will work in our favor in a relatively short period of time.. More likely than not!

I can't speak to your personal problems - your problems may be unique to you or you may not understand what you're doing, or because your problem is your problem and your problem alone, you can change the circumstances any way you want at any time it suits and-----and given Republican's penchant for fudging facts..., you haven't earned any trust for not making it up as you go.

According to the rightwing rag Forbes; your wrong or lying about several "facts" in the OP; according to Forbes, "...price is determined only by four criteria:
  1. Age – older people will not pay more than three times the amount younger people pay.
  2. Premium rating area – high cost health areas will have more expensive insurance than low cost areas.
  3. Number of family members getting coverage.
  4. Tobacco use – this is the only lifestyle factor that is allowed to be considered."
If you're having problems understanding how to navigate (it ain't that hard) here's a helpful website ObamaCare Explained

Also, just to get you started here's where you can start process of using the exchange to leverage your health insurance dollars Health Insurance Marketplace

If you just do your own research instead of allowing yourself to be duped by Republican pundits, Fox et al, you'll probably find yourself in a pretty good place health insurancewise.

MAYBE --- this will work in our favor in a relatively short period of time.. More likely than not!

I can't speak to your personal problems - your problems may be unique to you or you may not understand what you're doing, or because your problem is your problem and your problem alone, you can change the circumstances any way you want at any time it suits and-----and given Republican's penchant for fudging facts..., you haven't earned any trust for not making it up as you go.

According to the rightwing rag Forbes; your wrong or lying about several "facts" in the OP; according to Forbes, "...price is determined only by four criteria:
  1. Age – older people will not pay more than three times the amount younger people pay.
  2. Premium rating area – high cost health areas will have more expensive insurance than low cost areas.
  4. Tobacco use – this is the only lifestyle factor that is allowed to be considered."
If you're having problems understanding how to navigate (it ain't that hard) here's a helpful website ObamaCare Explained

Also, just to get you started here's where you can start process of using the exchange to leverage your health insurance dollars Health Insurance Marketplace

If you just do your own research instead of allowing yourself to be duped by Republican pundits, Fox et al, you'll probably find yourself in a pretty good place health insurancewise.

I'm in no mood for your naive leftist commercial for this turdish piece of crap that nobody read, nobody understood what was in it, and how it was gonna destroy my life..

Do you understand that I want to simply send a check to some COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL group of health mgrs and have a CHOICE to design my own rules and plan?

What part of that are you missing? You think I want to pay for Low deductible policy with all the mandated bells and whistles??

YOu think that I want to have my personal life PROBED by the HHS and IRS multiple times a year and diddled with a MOUNTAIN of paperwork by some inner city political hack who was on Team Obama a week ago and is now is MY "NAVIGATOR"???

I HAD a better health insurance option.. YOU and the fucking ObamaBOTS made it illegal for self-employed folks like myself to band together as a group for insurance purposes..

WHY --- do you think that's so wonderful? Why was it even neccessary?

Why did OBAMA LIE multiple times when he said --- "If you like your Health Insurance --- you can keep it?"

He just OUTLAWED mine....
Go to hell with your plan....

I'm in no mood for your naive leftist commercial for this turdish piece of crap that nobody read, nobody understood what was in it, and how it was gonna destroy my life..

Do you understand that I want to simply send a check to some COMPETENT PROFESSIONAL group of health mgrs and have a CHOICE to design my own rules and plan?

What part of that are you missing? You think I want to pay for Low deductible policy with all the mandated bells and whistles??

YOu think that I want to have my personal life PROBED by the HHS and IRS multiple times a year and diddled with a MOUNTAIN of paperwork by some inner city political hack who was on Team Obama a week ago and is now is MY "NAVIGATOR"???

I HAD a better health insurance option.. YOU and the fucking ObamaBOTS made it illegal for self-employed folks like myself to band together as a group for insurance purposes..

Why did OBAMA LIE multiple times when he said --- "If you like your Health Insurance --- you can keep it?"

I've been self-employed for years. During that time, I developed a pre-existing condition. When I had to move to a different state, I was locked out of being able to purchase insurance due to my pre-existing condition. While I had not heard about associations such as the one you belong to no longer being able to offer group plans, I know that the insurance available under the exchange is as good if not better than any I had in the past. Before jumping to conclusions, you really should take a look at what will be available for you as you obviously will still need insurance. You might just be surprised to find that it's not as big of a headache as you think.

I've been self-employed for years. During that time, I developed a pre-existing condition. When I had to move to a different state, I was locked out of being able to purchase insurance due to my pre-existing condition. While I had not heard about associations such as the one you belong to no longer being able to offer group plans, I know that the insurance available under the exchange is as good if not better than any I had in the past. Before jumping to conclusions, you really should take a look at what will be available for you as you obviously will still need insurance. You might just be surprised to find that it's not as big of a headache as you think.

Good information Auditor0007, unfortunately old people like flacaltenn don't accept change very well but I figure flacaltenn is probably faking her/his Obamcare woes otherwise s/he would have provided a link to his/her broker-group-company. But if s/he does provide some real information instead of just whining, we could probably turn him/her on to an insurance company that s/he can send a check to then-----then never hear from them again - possibly thru the same health insurance company he's been happy with for the past 25 years.

ObamaCare Myth: Privacy / Freedom Will Be Jeopardized

The idea that ObamaCare takes away your freedom is a myth. It doesn't make you do much of anything in regards to health care. The only example of freedom being restricted is the mandate to purchase insurance or pay a tax.

Despite these facts, at the end of the day, ObamaCare costing you your freedom is a Myth. You will most likely save money and have access to better regulated Affordable Healthcare. We will all have better preventive services and the security in knowing we won't be dropped when we are sick or denied for a preexisting condition.

No, it isn't.

headdesk.jpg

I have some shocking news for you. A few years ago Congress passed a law--you probably haven't heard of it, it's called the Affordable Care Act--that put this into federal law, effective about three and a half months from right now:

42 USC § 300gg–1 - Guaranteed availability of coverage
(a) Guaranteed issuance of coverage in the individual and group market
Subject to subsections (b) through (e), each health insurance issuer that offers health insurance coverage in the individual or group market in a State must accept every employer and individual in the State that applies for such coverage.

No one is uninsurable anymore. No one can be refused for any plan that's in effect next year (most of which go on sale in about seven weeks).

I have some shocking news for you. A few years ago Congress passed a law--you probably haven't heard of it, it's called the Affordable Care Act--that put this into federal law, effective about three and a half months from right now:

Subject to subsections (b) through (e), each health insurance issuer that offers health insurance coverage in the individual or group market in a State must accept every employer and individual in the State that applies for such coverage.

No one is uninsurable anymore. No one can be refused for any plan that's in effect next year (most of which go on sale in about seven weeks).

Batter up!

No, it isn't.

headdesk.jpg

HEY MORON !!! Why would I lie???

PPACA has OUTLAWED "non-employer based Association Medical insurance plans as group insurance.

From the letter I recieved..

Today XXXXX offers Association insurance as group insurance, which allows an Association policy to cover individual members nationwide, with plan designs and cost CUSTOMIZED to each association.. However the new laws consider these types of health care plans to be individual insurance, which removes these features. This is very significant change and would require XXXXX to become a different type of insurer .... to comply on a state by state basis..

OBAMA lied --- Pelosi and Reid had NO FUCKING IDEA "what was in it" and neither do you apparently --- But you love it ---dontcha?

NO MORE Professional Organizations offering PORTABLE WELL MANAGED insurance to their national membership... GET IT??

I will NEVER for the rest of my life - as I fill out endless declarations of financing and health information to a faceless inept bureaucracy --- vote Democrat for any National Office. And I will make sure that every I know is aware of how deceptive and incompetent this whole adventure has been...

Good information Auditor0007, unfortunately old people like flacaltenn don't accept change very well but I figure flacaltenn is probably faking her/his Obamcare woes otherwise s/he would have provided a link to his/her broker-group-company. But if s/he does provide some real information instead of just whining, we could probably turn him/her on to an insurance company that s/he can send a check to then-----then never hear from them again - possibly thru the same health insurance company he's been happy with for the past 25 years.

ObamaCare Myth: Privacy / Freedom Will Be Jeopardized

The idea that ObamaCare takes away your freedom is a myth. It doesn't make you do much of anything in regards to health care. The only example of freedom being restricted is the mandate to purchase insurance or pay a tax.

Despite these facts, at the end of the day, ObamaCare costing you your freedom is a Myth. You will most likely save money and have access to better regulated Affordable Healthcare. We will all have better preventive services and the security in knowing we won't be dropped when we are sick or denied for a preexisting condition.

You really didn't answer any questions for me..

DID OBAMA LIE about "keeping your insurance"??

DID PELOSI and REID "know what was in it"???

I don't know how YOU define freedom, but the way I define is having CHOICES of groups, and types of coverage. FREEDOM is writing ONE check to get insurance without a full RECTAL EXAM of your finances with the IRS and HHS pushing your nose into paperwork every year.

If I go to the exchange and tell them I want NO SUBSIDIES --- will I be able to opt out of giving them my sensitive financial and banking information?? Of course not.. Will HHS demand ELECTRONIC PAYMENT from one of my accounts -- of course they will.

I NEVER had to share financial status on a yearly basis with ANY MEDICAL PROVIDER. And I'm PISSED that my only option is to deal with morons who's checks are cut by this same tyrannical leftists that spawned this turd....

THat dearest -- is loss of freedom and choice.

You don't know me. You don't know how much I make or what health problems I have. I LIKE IT that way.. And YOU have invaded my privacy... And FORCED me to accept more insurance than I wanted or needed. I will no longer be able to take as high a deductible as I had before ---- So my rates WILL go up... I will also be forced to subsidize insurance for others in what will be a mountain of snowballing costs for this debacle..

Screw all of you who think you've solved anything for me.

I HAD a simple effective plan.. YOU outlawed it. This train wreck is gonna take you down from all sides..

Obama and the Democrats don't care about you. They never did.

Obama and the Democrats don't care about you. They never did.

That's for sure.. But now I doubt there was ANY KIND of thought provided when Nancy Pelosi marched her gavel in celebration from Cap. Hill to the W.H. for that signing.

What the hell were they thinking??

Forum List

Back