🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama: “Muslim-Americans Are As Patriotic, And American As Any Other Members Of The American Family”

The most obvious thing to note is the choice of start date: Sept. 12, 2001. That neatly excludes an attack that would dwarf all those homegrown terror attacks by several orders of magnitude. Ah, you will say, but that was a one-time event. Sort of. It is no longer possible to destroy the World Trade Center, but we can't be certain to never again have a large-scale terror attack that kills many people. If you have high-magnitude but low-frequency events, then during most intervals you choose to study, other threats will seem larger -- but if you zoom out, the big, rare events will still kill more people. We don't say that California should stop worrying about earthquake-proofing its buildings, just because in most years bathtub drownings are a much larger threat to its citizens.

Tallying Right-Wing Terror vs. Jihad

Okay...but if you include 9/11 then you must also include Oklahoma City and the Olympic bomber, right?

Go ahead and tally up the numbers.

But if there is a clear link between the attack in Orlando and the Islamic State, it would be the most high-profile incident yet in the group's wider, relentless campaign against gays. Ever since the group came to prominence amid security vacuums in Iraq and Syria, it has set about persecuting religious minorities, women and others whose identity and lifestyle are anathema to its puritanical creed. In areas under the control of the Islamic State, its fighters have issued edicts against homosexual behavior and flashy hairstyles and promised death for anyone caught in the act of sodomy.

The Islamic State’s shocking war on gays

In April 2014, a video emerged of an English-speaking extremist rambling about the risk that Western education poses to Muslim youths.

“Who’s gonna teach your children?” the Islamic State fighter says. “It’s gonna be maybe a gay, maybe a drug dealer, maybe a pedophile, you know? So it’s very important for you to protect your children from these animals, from these dirty people. Allah says that they are the worst of creatures.”

In the months that followed, the militants steadily built up a catalog of atrocities against gay people living under their watch. The group released numerous videos appearing to show the execution of supposed homosexuals. OutRight Action International, which advocates for LGBT rights, has tracked more than two dozen executions of men and women charged with crimes linked to their sexual identity.

In a single day in September, the Islamic State killed nine men and a 15-year-old boy in a Syrian town who had been accused of sodomy. In January 2015, a media wing of the extremist group released images that appeared to show fighters pushing men accused of homosexuality off a building in the Iraqi city of Mosul. In July, two men suffered the same fate in the Syrian city of Palmyra, then controlled by the Islamic State. They were shoved off the roof of a hotel after an Islamic State official ruled that they must die.

"I’d prefer it if you shoot me in the head," one of the men pleaded to the militants, according to witness testimony gleaned by the Associated Press.

According to one count, the Islamic State has killed at least 16 men through this method. At least six others reportedly were stoned to death, including one man sentenced for homosexuality who had survived being pushed off a building in March.

Last year, the BBC published the testimony of a gay Iraqi man with the pseudonym Taim who had fled an area overrun by the Islamic State. He lamented the extent to which many in the communities in which he was raised cheered the Islamic State's persecution of perceived homosexuals. (The Islamic State is also known as ISIS and ISIL.) He said:

Was that an answer?

They never answer. They throw around accusations and make silly snide remarks. They can't argue their way out of a paper bag using facts though. That's why we always win. :D

Your facts have nothing to do with the OP. Do you believe that Muslim Americans are as patriotic as any other American, yes or no?

That was never my argument, however I doubt it. MY concern is importing more Islam which will lead to more death and destruction.

Of course "you doubt it", you're a pants shitting Islamaphobe. Stay healthy and look both ways before crossing the street.

You are so stupid and totally lacking in any common sense. You are so wrapped up in your ideology, it's sad. If you have your way, America will be the next middle east with terror attacks being commonplace, and you will probably still excuse them or lie about them. Hopefully you're old.

What ideology would that be, consistency? Yeah, that's terrible. :lol:

Try it, just once, be consistent. Were the Sandy Hook shootings the Planned Parenthood shootings or the South Carolina shootings acts of terrorism, yes or no?

The fact of the matter is, obviously, that the more Islam you invite into your country, the more trouble you are going to have. All that work to become equal and to obtain equal rights under the law will be undermined. We will have large swathes of the population committing violence against gays, women and children and others that "offend" them. This is what happens in every country which is overrun with Islam.

But if there is a clear link between the attack in Orlando and the Islamic State, it would be the most high-profile incident yet in the group's wider, relentless campaign against gays. Ever since the group came to prominence amid security vacuums in Iraq and Syria, it has set about persecuting religious minorities, women and others whose identity and lifestyle are anathema to its puritanical creed. In areas under the control of the Islamic State, its fighters have issued edicts against homosexual behavior and flashy hairstyles and promised death for anyone caught in the act of sodomy.

:lol: There is no doubt that religion played a role in what happened with the shooter in Orlando...it's just not what you think it is.

The Orlando shooter was a self loathing gay man. What drove him to self loathing? Religion.

They never answer. They throw around accusations and make silly snide remarks. They can't argue their way out of a paper bag using facts though. That's why we always win. :D

Your facts have nothing to do with the OP. Do you believe that Muslim Americans are as patriotic as any other American, yes or no?

That was never my argument, however I doubt it. MY concern is importing more Islam which will lead to more death and destruction.

Of course "you doubt it", you're a pants shitting Islamaphobe. Stay healthy and look both ways before crossing the street.

You are so stupid and totally lacking in any common sense. You are so wrapped up in your ideology, it's sad. If you have your way, America will be the next middle east with terror attacks being commonplace, and you will probably still excuse them or lie about them. Hopefully you're old.

What ideology would that be, consistency? Yeah, that's terrible. :lol:

Try it, just once, be consistent. Were the Sandy Hook shootings the Planned Parenthood shootings or the South Carolina shootings acts of terrorism, yes or no?

You are not consistent at all. You want progress (or so you claim), yet you want to invite just the OPPOSITE into our country to undermine all the progress we've made. You complain about christians opposing your "rights" but you want to invite a people who are 100x worse to come live beside you. You are a nutjob and nothing more than that.

:lol: There is no doubt that religion played a role in what happened with the shooter in Orlando...it's just not what you think it is.

The Orlando shooter was a self loathing gay man. What drove him to self loathing? Religion.

Islam.

He said:

Isis are also professional when it comes to tracking gay people. They hunt them down one by one. When they capture people, they go through his phone and his contacts and Facebook friends. They are trying to track down every gay man. And it's like dominoes. If one goes, the others will be taken down too.

It's devastating to see the public reaction to the killings. Usually, when Isis posts pictures online, people sympathise with the victims — but not if they're gay. You should see the Facebook comments after they post video of the killings. It's devastating. "We hate Isis but when they do things like this, we love them. God bless you Isis." "I am against Isis but I am totally with Isis when they kill gays." "Amazing news. This is the least that gays deserve." "The most horrible crime on earth is homosexuality. Good job Isis." "The scene is ugly but they deserve it." "Those dirty people deserve Isis."

A handful of gay men who escaped the clutches of the Islamic State gave testimony at a United Nations meeting in August.

"In the Islamic State, gays are being tracked and killed all the time," said Subhi Nahas, a 28-year-old Syrian who fled via Lebanon and found sanctuary in the United States. "At the executions, hundreds of townspeople, including children, cheered jubilantly as [if] at a wedding."

In other interviews, Nahas has noted that life was difficult not just under the Islamic State, but also under the government of Syrian President Bashar al-Assad as well as a constellation of rebel groups, including some Islamist factions, which also have executed suspected homosexuals. Syrian gays are, in a sense, double refugees, exiles from a homeland racked by war, but also from communities that rarely accepted them.

[
So...you fear all Muslims?

So.... you want to kill all Christians?

Unlike your claim, there is actual evidence, posts by ChrisL that indicate her fear of Muslims.

Stop lying. You hate Christians, and that is obviously part of your agenda with your Muslim love. They would just as soon throw you off a tall building and call you a dike.

You sure do like your baseless accusations, don't you? I don't "hate" anyone. Not Christians, not Muslims. Okay, I do hate bicyclists on my roads, but that's justified...but I digress.

Just as many Christians would like to throw me off a building as Muslims...the only thing keeping them from doing so is American laws and culture, just like Muslims. Aren't you glad we both live in America where our culture has moved beyond those things?

I don't "love" Islam any more than I "love" Christianity. I hold them both in contempt. Don't believe me? Mohammed and Jesus both fucked sheep. Feel better?

Memoir:Islam, Quran, Muhammad, Allah (god) Hate Women and Non-Muslims?

With the rise of the Islamic State and similar groups, there exist fundamental questions, regarding the religion of Islam, that I attempt to address adequately in my recently published book, a memoir, on here; why they hate, or Allah (god) who Hates Women.

Is there anything intrinsic within the religion of Islam that promotes anti-democratic values and subjugation of women? Why are the number of Islamists groups increasing and why do they hate the West? Many Western and Muslim scholars have long argued that Islam is totally compatible with democratic and humanitarian values, and that Islam is religion of peace and it will definitely change with time. But, their argument has repeatedly failed and in the last 1400 years Islam has not changed, or evolved like other religions.

Having grown up, worked, and studied till recently in the Middle East (both in Shia and Sunni nations; Syria and the Islamic Republic of Iran), having grown up in a devout Muslim family, I came to witness the real shortcomings of the religion of Islam. A long time ago, even before the rise of the Islamic State and 9/11, I argued that if the modern version of the religion of Islam is not addressed, catastrophic events such as killing of thousands of people will increase exponentially under the name of Islam.

Although Western Muslim scholars argue that this is not the fault of Islam and that Islam changes, one can argue that the religion of Islam has, in fact, regressed by witnessing the current situations in Muslim countries. There are currently hundreds of Islamist groups emerging, and the Islamic State is only one of them. The number of these groups will increase and they believe that they are the ones practicing the real Islam not others.

I attempt to address the questions of what is it in Islam- culturally, socially, from the legal codes, etc- that gives legitimacy and power to these groups or the patriarchal system. What is it about Islam that prevents it from evolving and going through transformations?

I lay out several arguments and solutions in the book. One of the solutions I lay out in the book is that it is the responsibility of the silent Muslims, the so-called “moderate” Muslims, the middle class, and Western Muslim scholars to speak up against this dominant Islamist and fundamentalist framework. But, I explain why many do not do so. Changes should come from within and it requires self-sacrifice and courage. Simultaneously, if the number of Muslims who constructively criticize Islam increases, the more likely the religious establishments will take steps to moderate Islam and reform it.

[

Unlike your claim, there is actual evidence, posts by ChrisL that indicate her fear of Muslims.

Stop lying. You hate Christians, and that is obviously part of your agenda with your Muslim love. They would just as soon throw you off a tall building and call you a dike.

You sure do like your baseless accusations, don't you? I don't "hate" anyone. Not Christians, not Muslims. Okay, I do hate bicyclists on my roads, but that's justified...but I digress.

Just as many Christians would like to throw me off a building as Muslims...the only thing keeping them from doing so is American laws and culture, just like Muslims. Aren't you glad we both live in America where our culture has moved beyond those things?

I don't "love" Islam any more than I "love" Christianity. I hold them both in contempt. Don't believe me? Mohammed and Jesus both fucked sheep. Feel better?

Ahhh, so the truth comes out FINALLY. Now you can stop with your charade.

[

Islam HATES you. They think you are an abomination to their god and an offense to human beings.

Yeah, well I've only been exposed to Muslim hate recently. I've had a lifetime of practice being hated publicly by Christians. Both religions are equally stupid in their treatment of gays. And?

[

Islam HATES you. They think you are an abomination to their god and an offense to human beings.

Yeah, well I've only been exposed to Muslim hate recently. I've had a lifetime of practice being hated publicly by Christians. Both religions are equally stupid in their treatment of gays. And?

Our culture is not one of murdering homosexuals and women.

Islam.

Yes, and? Christianity could just have easily "created" him. From the view of the hated, there's no difference between the two religions.

Forum List

Back