Obama On Oscar 'White out': Hollywood Should ‘Provide Opportunity to Everybody’

"But this does not mean Hollywood has no problems of prejudice. As the data show, it clearly does. "

Based on WHAT? How can 'analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century', be 'pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population' yet simultaneously demonstrate prejudice? ......

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

They can't admit that any single accusation of racism is complete bullshit, because so many of them are.

If they admit one is bs, that makes it ok for other people to ask that about future accusations, that they might really need people to believe.

Whos fault is it you choose a link that says something counter to your argument? Obama? BET?

Maybe you should've read your link first then you wouldnt have to back away from your own link

I already gave you my response to that.

You choose to ignore it.

My answer hasn't changed.

Oh yeah, thats right...it was a test that you couldnt pass LMAO

YOu are kidding yourself if you think you can test me in any fashion.
we got ourselves a pretentious slap dick here.
despite your pseudo intellectual yammering you've been tested and found wanting.

"But this does not mean Hollywood has no problems of prejudice. As the data show, it clearly does. "

Based on WHAT? How can 'analysis of film casts and awards shows, the number of black actors winning Oscars in this century', be 'pretty much in line with the size of America's overall black population' yet simultaneously demonstrate prejudice? ......

They HAVE TO SAY THAT.

They can't admit that any single accusation of racism is complete bullshit, because so many of them are.

If they admit one is bs, that makes it ok for other people to ask that about future accusations, that they might really need people to believe.

Whos fault is it you choose a link that says something counter to your argument? Obama? BET?

Maybe you should've read your link first then you wouldnt have to back away from your own link

I already gave you my response to that.

You choose to ignore it.

My answer hasn't changed.

Oh yeah, thats right...it was a test that you couldnt pass LMAO

YOu are kidding yourself if you think you can test me in any fashion.
:lmao:
I do so much love melodrama!

And no revival attempts? No exceptions?

Hollywood still turns out Westerns every now and then, and make good money on them.

But not "Bible Thumper Movies"...

Strange...
Actually Passion of the Christ was a monster hit. More recent bible-inspired films include films such as Exodus, Heaven Is For Real, God's Not Dead, and Noah. You are correct, Hollywood keep pushing movies THEY want to produce, and many of their 'anti-family-friendly' movies absolutely BOMB...but they keep pushing them. What are the box office hits? Family-friendly movies - LOTRs, The Hobbit, Disney, Star Wars, and even religious-based movies. Instead they have an affinity for pushing obscenity, nudity, gore, etc... They just seem to never learn...
Passion of the Christ was a monster hit" kinda! and it was not a family friendly movie ...
it's a hoot when people who don't know jack shit about the entertainment business pontificate about it.

LINK: Obama Weighs In on Oscars Race Controversy

OBAMA: “As a whole, the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, and provide opportunity to everybody,” the President said. “I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue of are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?”

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

:rolleyes:

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!

loon. :cuckoo:

Correll be like "Look at my link, HERE IS THE PROOF YOU IDIOTS"

Until someone reads his link and it shows he's wrong

then Correll be like "Haaaaa, I was just kidding!"

OBAMA: “As a whole, the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, and provide opportunity to everybody,” the President said. “I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue of are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?”

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

Those Awards

The Oscars have increasingly taken on the dimensions of a racket. Since the eligible movies are those that emerge at any point during the calendar year, and since the producers fully understand the minuscule attention span of the typical Academy dimwit, all the Big Pictures, calculated to appeal to said dimwit, are held back until December 30 or 31. As a result, the experts were confidently predicting awards in late December to movies that no one had yet seen. The major studios have always had special previews for Academy members (i.e., Oscarvoters) for the pictures they are hyping for the awards; now, that has been supplemented by videocassettes expressed to the homes of each voter.

To the average Academy moron, the only movie deserving an award is that reeking with pretension: slow, ponderous, boring and therefore inevitably pregnant with what the “Saturday Night Live” comic calls “Deep Thoughts.” In recent decades, as Hollywood culture has gone sharply leftward, this has also meant a blend of leftish nihilism and what used to be called “social significance.” 1993 was a year even more nightmarish for these attributes than usual. As far as Big Movies go, it was year to head for the storm cellar.

THE HORROR!!!!!

Are you really claiming Hollywood doesn't have opportunity for black people?

YOu have never addressed the numbers showing that blacks win their fair share of Oscars.

YOu have never addressed the numbers showing that blacks win their fair share of Oscars.
When you grow up maybe you'll realize that numbers are not the be all end all.

This whole "issue" is because of numbers, ie zero blacks THIS YEAR.

But when I show that the numbers for the time period since 2000 for blacks match their percentage of the population, suddenly "numbers are not hte be all end all".

LOL!

Hollywood is not racist against blacks.

Misleading stat. It's not about the winners, show hasn't even happend . It's about being reflected in the nomination .

If only one black is nominated in total , but that one black wins . You'll crow that that one win is reflective of the 10% population . But as far as nominations go, they are only 1% . Not very representative at all .

THE HORROR!!!!!

No your own link did that for her

THE HORROR!!!!!

Lack of success doesn't mean lack of opportunity. The problem with those complaining about the Oscars is they're aren't willing to accept they just didn't get it done and have to have an excuse in order to continue to fool themselves into thinking they don't suck at what they do.

What does "provide opportunity for everybody" actually mean? Should Tinseltown provide audition opportunities for everyone who shows up at the door? Maybe seniority on the job should be the primary determination for actors salaries. Why not pay the actors the same rate as the guys who run the lighting and build the sets.

Misleading stat. It's not about the winners, show hasn't even happend . It's about being reflected in the nomination .

If only one black is nominated in total , but that one black wins . You'll crow that that one win is reflective of the 10% population . But as far as nominations go, they are only 1% . Not very representative at all .

Link to show that they only get 1% of the nominations.

THE HORROR!!!!!

And made that case so weakly that only a Willing DUpe would fall for it.

Timmy you racist little fuck, what black man in what role deserves a nomination for best actor and why?

THE HORROR!!!!!

Lack of success doesn't mean lack of opportunity. The problem with those complaining about the Oscars is they're aren't willing to accept they just didn't get it done and have to have an excuse in order to continue to fool themselves into thinking they don't suck at what they do.

Mmm, the oscars ARE notorious for nominating and awarding to movies and people based on God KNows what, but I'm surprised that Concussion didn't get any nominations.

It sounds like the painful crap that the Oscars love.

But whatever stupid "reason" that it did not get nominated, Will Smith being black IS NOT IT.

Link to show that they only get 1% of the nominations.

Link to show they are represented in nominations ?

Forum List

Back