Obama On Oscar 'White out': Hollywood Should ‘Provide Opportunity to Everybody’

LINK: Obama Weighs In on Oscars Race Controversy

OBAMA: “As a whole, the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, and provide opportunity to everybody,” the President said. “I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue of are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?”

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

:rolleyes:

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!

loon. :cuckoo:

Are you really claiming Hollywood doesn't have opportunity for black people?

No your own link did that for her

Lack of success doesn't mean lack of opportunity. The problem with those complaining about the Oscars is they're aren't willing to accept they just didn't get it done and have to have an excuse in order to continue to fool themselves into thinking they don't suck at what they do.

Mmm, the oscars ARE notorious for nominating and awarding to movies and people based on God KNows what, but I'm surprised that Concussion didn't get any nominations.

It sounds like the painful crap that the Oscars love.

But whatever stupid "reason" that it did not get nominated, Will Smith being black IS NOT IT.

As long as people are willing to accept that excuse, blacks will continue to make it.

Lets hear from him about the NBA, NFL next? gawd who cares what that man thinks about every freaking thing in this country. go play golf

Actually Passion of the Christ was a monster hit. More recent bible-inspired films include films such as Exodus, Heaven Is For Real, God's Not Dead, and Noah. You are correct, Hollywood keep pushing movies THEY want to produce, and many of their 'anti-family-friendly' movies absolutely BOMB...but they keep pushing them. What are the box office hits? Family-friendly movies - LOTRs, The Hobbit, Disney, Star Wars, and even religious-based movies. Instead they have an affinity for pushing obscenity, nudity, gore, etc... They just seem to never learn...

Passion was indeed a big hit.

But Noah and Exodus would be "anti-bible" films. Did you see either of them? Noah particularly was extremely hostile to religion and was a serious perversion of the bible story.

I'm not even religious - stating flat out that there is no god like the one on the bible, and even I found Noah offensive.

Exodus wasn't nearly as bad, but it was the DC Comics treatment of the story of Moses, casting god as a petulant and cruel child. (literally)

Misleading stat. It's not about the winners, show hasn't even happend . It's about being reflected in the nomination .

If only one black is nominated in total , but that one black wins . You'll crow that that one win is reflective of the 10% population . But as far as nominations go, they are only 1% . Not very representative at all .

Timmy you racist little fuck, what black man in what role deserves a nomination for best actor and why?

I'm not a big movie guy . I've only seen the big short . Which was boring by the way . Best picture !?

The other running joke by the black actors is that if you can get a nomination IF you play a slave .

Lets hear from him about the NBA, NFL next? gawd who cares what that man thinks about every freaking thing in this country. go play golf

He didnt have a press conference about it, he was asked a question .

OBAMA: “As a whole, the industry should do what every other industry should do, which is to look for talent, and provide opportunity to everybody,” the President said. “I think the Oscar debate is really just an expression of this broader issue of are we making sure that everybody is getting a fair shot?”

Does that mean he thinks the BET Awards should be 'whitened' or eliminated, or is an 'all-black, no-whites/ no non-blacks-allowed', entertainment awards show ok?

Write a story about a black man who courts his lady love respectfully...remains true to her...has a good job...works hard, marries...raises five healthy intelligent children, takes pride in his grandchildren and dies happy with all at his side. Could be a winner...as contrasted with what we get now.

OH NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! PEOPLE SHOULD HAVE OPPORTUNITY!!!!!!!!!!

THE HORROR!!!!!

loon. :cuckoo:

Are you really claiming Hollywood doesn't have opportunity for black people?

No your own link did that for her

Lack of success doesn't mean lack of opportunity. The problem with those complaining about the Oscars is they're aren't willing to accept they just didn't get it done and have to have an excuse in order to continue to fool themselves into thinking they don't suck at what they do.

THE link you provided disagrees with you.

I'm not a big movie guy . I've only seen the big short . Which was boring by the way . Best picture !?

The other running joke by the black actors is that if you can get a nomination IF you play a slave .

So you're just spewing racist shit straight out of your ass with no fucking clue what you're talking about.

democrat! :thup:

Write a story about a black man who courts his lady love respectfully...remains true to her...has a good job...works hard, marries...raises five healthy intelligent children, takes pride in his grandchildren and dies happy with all at his side. Could be a winner...as contrasted with what we get now.

Besides, America loves a good fantasy!

Correll be like "Look at my link, HERE IS THE PROOF YOU IDIOTS"

Until someone reads his link and it shows he's wrong

then Correll be like "Haaaaa, I was just kidding!"

YOu have never addressed the numbers showing that blacks win their fair share of Oscars.

Misleading stat. It's not about the winners, show hasn't even happend . It's about being reflected in the nomination .

If only one black is nominated in total , but that one black wins . You'll crow that that one win is reflective of the 10% population . But as far as nominations go, they are only 1% . Not very representative at all .

Link to show that they only get 1% of the nominations.

Link to show they are represented in nominations ?

You made the claim Timmy.

I posted a link showing they are well represented in winners.

Maaan, the Cosby show was 30 years ago lol.

Typically there is more to a movie than be successful and die. There has to be drama...that's why your movie idea won't happen. It's poorly written.

So you're just spewing racist shit straight out of your ass with no fucking clue what you're talking about.

democrat! :thup:

Now THAT'S A rebuttal! Full of hurt.

Timmy you racist little fuck, what black man in what role deserves a nomination for best actor and why?

Which might be funny, but does not seem to be the case.

List of black Academy Award winners and nominees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mmm, I see Will Smith already has Two Best Actor for NOT playing slaves, 2001 and 2006.

Typically there is more to a movie than be successful and die. There has to be drama...that's why your movie idea won't happen. It's poorly written.
There can be a whole lot of drama created...inside the overall theme...like writing threads for usmb...

List of black Academy Award winners and nominees - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mmm, I see Will Smith already has Two Best Actor for NOT playing slaves, 2001 and 2006.

I saw a clip of his latest movie. He might want to go think about playing a slave. it sucked

I saw a clip of his latest movie. He might want to go think about playing a slave. it sucked

Yes, I have heard.

It sounds though just like the painful crap that the Oscars loves.

There can be a whole lot of drama created...inside the overall theme...like writing threads for usmb...

Anything can be created. But your movie idea didn't create it

Forum List

Back