Obama oversteps his authority...again

The President has the authority to change the regulation.

So we have another topic title that is a lie...again.

Would you please point that out in the Constitution to me? I can't seem to find it. Of course I don't have the "New and Abridged" liberal version.

So when Bush changed overtime rules..it was okay?

I've pointed out before that Republicans and Democrats are like male and female dung beetles, no one else can tell you apart, but you obviously can tell each other apart. Now you're saying even you can't. If you're not careful, you may give another male dung beetle quite a surprise! LOL

If Obama has done something illegal, someone can file a court challenge, and it will be overturned. That's how the system works. Remember all the ObamaCare challenges? Everything there turned out to be completely legal, so said the courts.

If nobody will file any court challenges, that makes it pretty obvious nothing illegal is happening, and people are just raging for the sake of propaganda.

If someone works overtime=pay them right.
If someone doesn't work overtime and you're planning to pay them= wrong.

Not if one is management and paid a guaranteed salary.
Eliminating the exempt status would be a crushing blow to business.
And trust me on this. Business WILL find ways around this intrusive nonsense.
Reduced hours, elimination of jobs. Reduction of status. Demotions. Reduced pay. Hiring of contractors instead of employees.
This is going to do more harm than good.

I don't understand why some don't get this.

Are you kidding? Conservatives thought it was just fine when Bush circumvented US law and US Treaty obligations to declare that torture was not really torture and therefore perfectly legal as "enhanced interrogation."

So, I guess it would be okay if Obama had certain Americans arrested under suspicion of being terrorist sympathizers and sent them some place with no due process (since Bush did that too) in order to engage in enhanced interrogation to find out just what activities they might be engaged in that were unpatriotic.

They could start with a few talk radio hosts who are constantly railing against their duly elected gov't and undermining a war time president in the lawful execution of his constitutional duties and responsibilities.

Undoubtedly, after a a couple of months of being 'interviewed' by the military professionals who they have the utmost respect for, they'll come back on the air and say how waterboarding was no big deal and despite being subjected to it over a hundred times, they believe now more than ever that it's NOT torture just like they always said.

And do you know why that's all true? It's because conservatives are people of principle; they don't change their views just for convenience or political expediency. They have CORE beliefs which they adhere to no matter what is or is not popular at any given moment. And they certainly wouldn't abandon those prinicples for some transitory short-term political gain. No sir!

If Obama has done something illegal, someone can file a court challenge, and it will be overturned. That's how the system works. Remember all the ObamaCare challenges? Everything there turned out to be completely legal, so said the courts.

If nobody will file any court challenges, that makes it pretty obvious nothing illegal is happening, and people are just raging for the sake of propaganda.

It's interesting how you started with that anything illegal will be overturned, then you went into the case that proves that isn't so.

Conservatives thought it was just fine when Bush circumvented US law and US Treaty obligations to declare that torture was not really torture and therefore perfectly legal as "enhanced interrogation."
Liberals think government not validating gay relationships and people having to spend their own money on their health care is torture, so you don't really know what the word means, but nothing we did was actually "torture."

Conservatives thought it was just fine when Bush circumvented US law and US Treaty obligations to declare that torture was not really torture and therefore perfectly legal as "enhanced interrogation."
Liberals think government not validating gay relationships and people having to spend their own money on their health care is torture, so you don't really know what the word means, but nothing we did was actually "torture."

The fundamental problem (as Newt Gingrich might say) with that argument is that OUR gov't called it torture when other gov'ts (like the former Soviet Union, Eastern European Communist gov'ts, and other forms of dictatorships) engaged in that form of interrogation. There's a word for that, you know?

when i was still working in the PO the Carrier Supervisor who was salaried would come in around 7 AM and would be there until 6 PM sometimes until 8 or 9 PM.....and worked 6 days usually......and took all the abuse from the top and bottom employees.....i sure as hell would never have done that ....not worth it......

That was his or her choice.

yes it was....the ones with balls would tell them if i do i want OT....and if they were short handed enough they got it....

when i was still working in the PO the Carrier Supervisor who was salaried would come in around 7 AM and would be there until 6 PM sometimes until 8 or 9 PM.....and worked 6 days usually......and took all the abuse from the top and bottom employees.....i sure as hell would never have done that ....not worth it......

That's the price one pays for the perks of being in management.

and i can guarantee you the PO will do whatever it takes to not pay their salaried people OT......

The fundamental problem (as Newt Gingrich might say) with that argument is that OUR gov't called it torture when other gov'ts (like the former Soviet Union, Eastern European Communist gov'ts, and other forms of dictatorships) engaged in that form of interrogation. There's a word for that, you know?

You think the Soviet Union and Eastern European governments stopped at waterboarding and loud music? Seriously? Wow...

You think the Soviet Union and Eastern European governments stopped at waterboarding and loud music? Seriously? Wow...
Gulags and outright death are well documented.

Gulags and outright death are well documented.

Same thing as government not validating gay relationships and giving them party gifts if you really think about it.

Another Shallow deflection.

Somehow because Bush overstepped...it's O.K. for Obama.

you might be more credible if you didn't whine now about things that you didn't give a darn about when baby bush was president.

it kind of makes the BS meter ring.

but carry on

Schillian...you are the last person on the board, besides maybe RDean, Chris, and Franco....to talk about credibility.

The BS meter blows up every time you post.

» Obama to use pen to change overtime pay » News -- GOPUSA
This is an outrageous abuse of presidential power.
And no business should comply.
If a worker is "exempt", they are ineligible for overtime compensation.
Period.

According to you goofs Obama doesn't have the "authority" to wipe his own ass. Sadly the obstructionists in the House can't be lined up against a wall and shot for treason.

There has NEVER been a President as harmfull as the last republican majority Congress's. If there WAS a god he would have given all of the Christian Fascists AIDS. Proof positive that God does not in fact love America.

DON'T BELIEVE THIS CRAP!

It's bullshit to make Obama look bad for the 2014 elections!

Republicans are desperate to keep their hold on the Senate to keep the working class their slaves!​

Forum List

Back