Obama: Palestine Deserves Statehood

Rabbi -

You misread what was posted. Dave claims that because Israel once conquered Gaza on the battlefield - they own it. I claim that because Palestinians occupy Gaza and because Israel has no history of occupation of the Gaza region in recorded history - Palestinians own it.

Again - Israel patently does not own the Gaza Strip. Really....you didn't know Israel pulled out of the Strip in 2006?

Israel owns Gaza because they conquered it. They don't own it because they gave up ownership. You yourself write they pulled out. That settles it. The palis have nothng to do with any of that.

So, if the Palestinians manage to conquer Israel, they own it, right? Don't you realize you're making the case for endless war? :cuckoo:

Rabbi -

You misread what was posted. Dave claims that because Israel once conquered Gaza on the battlefield - they own it. I claim that because Palestinians occupy Gaza and because Israel has no history of occupation of the Gaza region in recorded history - Palestinians own it.

Again - Israel patently does not own the Gaza Strip. Really....you didn't know Israel pulled out of the Strip in 2006?

Israel owns Gaza because they conquered it. They don't own it because they gave up ownership. You yourself write they pulled out. That settles it. The palis have nothng to do with any of that.

So, if the Palestinians manage to conquer Israel, they own it, right? Don't you realize you're making the case for endless war? :cuckoo:

you mean the war that has been going on since recorded time?

And they WOULD have easily had a 'homeland' if 2 things would have happened... 1) King Hussein would have kept his nose out in 1967... 2) If they would have lived up to negotiations in Oslo... but no... not good enough, they don't want Israel there at all.. And would rather keep with the terrorist shit

Staggering...just staggering....do you mind me asking how much time you have actually spent in Israel?

Me??.. none.. been in enough war zones

My ex-wife's grandmother, 30+ years.. heard from her on things the entire 12 years I was in the marriage on a regular basis.. especially loved hearing the injuries she had from a bus bombing not long after she returned from attending my wedding in 96.. Nothing says peace and love from the Pali's like a nice bombing to kill and injure dozens of civilians

Rabbi -

so if the jews occupied it like a few thousands years ago, that would mean they owned it

Rabbi -

Potentially, yes.
Please tell me at what point all wars cease. I'll be waiting.

Rabbi -

so if the jews occupied it like a few thousands years ago, that would mean they owned it

I know - it's insane, isn't it?!

And they WOULD have easily had a 'homeland' if 2 things would have happened... 1) King Hussein would have kept his nose out in 1967... 2) If they would have lived up to negotiations in Oslo... but no... not good enough, they don't want Israel there at all.. And would rather keep with the terrorist shit

Staggering...just staggering....do you mind me asking how much time you have actually spent in Israel?

Me??.. none..

Great - that's all I needed to hear.

Why anyone would lecture on a country he has never set foot in, I have no idea.

Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in the Six-Day War... yeah.. they own it

Israel was willing to concede back territory... and it could be considered 'disputed' if you want... but I somehow don't think the Pali's will pony up what they were supposed to is Oslo, so until that time.. it is still Israeli conquered and owned territory
It is illegal to hold onto land siezed in a war.

It has been since the end of WWII.

I have absolutely no idea at all what point you are trying to make here - but then, neither do you.

I have absolutely no idea at all what point you are trying to make here - but then, neither do you.

What a shock. You have no idea.
How long did you spend as part of the PLO?

It's the only way there will ever be peace in the region. If Palestinians don't have a country, it's because the Israelis are stealing it bit by bit.

Stealing?? There is a Palestine country that is having land peeled away??

link???

I know.. Maybe they'll try another war that may only last 5 days this time

And I really don't see Egypt or Jordan or other countries looking to give up land for a Palestine country...

Link? Where have you been? Check the 1948 partition plan and what's left now. Sheesh, if you want to comment, at least know your history! :eusa_doh:
the Israelis have a prior claim, older than that of the Palestinians.

If you know history, then you'll know at least that much.

Conquer by conquest has been illegal since the end of WWII.
It is only illegal if you do not have the might to hang on to it.

]the Israelis have a prior claim, older than that of the Palestinians.

If you know history, then you'll know at least that much.

Older by how many years?

If this is your reasoning for rejecting Palesinian nationhood - please be specific about both time and place.

Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in the Six-Day War... yeah.. they own it

Israel was willing to concede back territory... and it could be considered 'disputed' if you want... but I somehow don't think the Pali's will pony up what they were supposed to is Oslo, so until that time.. it is still Israeli conquered and owned territory
It is illegal to hold onto land siezed in a war.

It has been since the end of WWII.

Well.. then all the Palis and the Jordanians have to do is take it back... because there is no world government.... so we'll be waiting

Me??.. none..

Great - that's all I needed to hear.

Why anyone would lecture on a country he has never set foot in, I have no idea.

And hence you ignored everything else

Little terrorists would rather keep up their terrorist shit instead of doing what was to be agreed to to end Israeli security occupation

Well.. then all the Palis and the Jordanians have to do is take it back... because there is no world government.... so we'll be waiting
It would be a UN peacekeeping force that could consist of Russia, China and the US. You think you can handle that kind of muscle, big mouth?

The world wouldn't let Hitler annex Poland 50 years ago and they won't let Israel annex the West Bank either. It's only a matter of time before everybody gets sick of your bullshit and sends in the military to drive you god-damn Israeli's back to Israel.

Forum List

Back