Obama: Palestine Deserves Statehood

what a slap in the face to Israel who have been our allies

I'm embarrassed this man represents our country

The ass whoopins they received says it is not theirs... Jews had been living there for centuries too, but it's ok when they get overrun and kicked out :rolleyes:

The FACT is that the Palis own no country, PERIOD... their little terror attacks are not going to get them one... and they should thank their lucky stars that the US over the years has pretty much prevented Israel from wiping them out in the region in response to the continual Pali attacks...

You think appeasing the terrorists by giving them something like land is going to stop war?? No... as long as there is an Israel, they will go against it

It's hardly justified to use as an excuse things that happened almost two millenia ago, to disenfranchise a people today. Look at what happens when the South gets blamed for slavery and its aftermath and that ended less than a century and a half ago!

You mention 'living there for centuries' and then whine when someone goes back even further?? Idiotic

The fact is that 'ownership' of the land has changed many times, but who OWNS it now is not the Pali's, it is Israel... PERIOD

The fact is there is no Palestine.. there is Israel.. and the territory of Israel grew larger after the wars that the Palis and Arabs STARTED... and yes, it is justification.. Israel owns it.. period... and as long as Israel exists, the Palis will try and attack them

Who's whining? I'm trying to educate you. Your attitude is that whoever has the strength to take the land, will own it. That's a justification that only leads to more war, because you're essentially saying there's nothing wrong with the Palestinians lobbing rockets into Israel as long is the result is that they eventually take over completely.

Jews lived there how long?? Romans lived there how long?? Ottomans lived there how long??

But just the Palis get a say

Jews have lived there for 3,000 years, so they deserve a homeland in the region.

The Ottomans have a homeland, so do the Romans.

So which of the peoples you name DOES NOT have a homeland?

So what? Hasn't that been the US position (wink wink) for a while now?

"President Bush set a goal yesterday of ensuring the creation of a peaceful, democratic Palestinian state alongside Israel before he leaves office in 2009. With British Prime Minister Tony Blair at his side, Bush pledged to put the resources of the United States and the prestige of his presidency behind the quest.

"I'd like to see it done in four years," Bush said. "I think it is possible."

Bush Goal: Palestinian State by 2009 (washingtonpost.com)

you see.. just because Bush was a member of the party I am registered to, does not mean I think he is or was always right... maybe that is something you should learn

Clinton, first Bush.....like I said it's been the US policy (wink wink) for a while now. It is my opinion that they (Israel) will never give the Palestinian's a contiguous state in the West Bank.

The FACT is that the Palis own no country

Really....and yet they have lived in the area for 3,000 years, and the word 'Palestine' appeared on Roman maps for 600 years. Genetic testing links modern Palestinians with ancient Canaanites - what more ownership do they need?

btw, Israel does not "own" the West Bank or Gaza. That's the point, genius.

Jews lived there how long?? Romans lived there how long?? Ottomans lived there how long??

But just the Palis get a say :rolleyes:

FACT is that ISRAEL OWNS IT.. PERIOD

Who said anything about just Palestinians getting a say, besides you? I'm in favor of a two-state solution with a Palestinian capital in E.Jerusalem. You seem to be in favor of what, a pogrom, ethnic cleansing, second-class citizenship...?!?!

People were driven from their homes and not allowed to return. That's history, too. If you're going to use a war as justification, then don't scream when the Palestinians keep it going. I, personally, am hoping for peace someday.

People fled their homes. The Arabs encouraged the Palis to flee, declaring they would come back behind the victorious Arab armies.
Get it straight.

You bet. They all left thinking the Isreali's would get their asses kicked and they, the Pali's, would go right back home.

Didn't happen that way. The Isreali's were the ones doing the ass kicking. They have kicked Arab ass ever since.

Fuck Palestine. They elected Hamas and other jihadists to run the country. I could give shit one for any of those dirtbags.

I think most of them left because there was a war coming and they didn't want to die, not because some dipshit was telling them too.

And I am sure he is embarrassed by you too....why is supporting democracy and self-determination for a people a "slap in the face" to anyone?

The US is still Israel's main ally, and should continue to be its main ally. That doesn't mean the US should abandon everyone else.

The FACT is that the Palis own no country

Really....and yet they have lived in the area for 3,000 years, and the word 'Palestine' appeared on Roman maps for 600 years. Genetic testing links modern Palestinians with ancient Canaanites - what more ownership do they need?

btw, Israel does not "own" the West Bank or Gaza. That's the point, genius.

Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in the Six-Day War... yeah.. they own it

Israel was willing to concede back territory... and it could be considered 'disputed' if you want... but I somehow don't think the Pali's will pony up what they were supposed to is Oslo, so until that time.. it is still Israeli conquered and owned territory

And I am sure he is embarrassed by you too....why is supporting democracy and self-determination for a people a "slap in the face" to anyone?

The US is still Israel's main ally, and should continue to be its main ally. That doesn't mean the US should abandon everyone else.

I guess the 'democratically' call for all the terrorist activity?? They are self-determined to lob rockets?? Like King Hussein was self-determined to attack Israel in 67??

Israel captured the Gaza Strip and the West Bank in the Six-Day War... yeah.. they own it

Jesus wept....so by your standards Germany owns Poland and Mexico owns California?

Israel did not lose the war.. or sell the land rights

Sorry bubba.. they own it

Well.. maybe Jordan and the Pali's would like to start another attack to try and take it back??

Lol. The palestinians have homeland.........its called Jordan

And they WOULD have easily had a 'homeland' if 2 things would have happened... 1) King Hussein would have kept his nose out in 1967... 2) If they would have lived up to negotiations in Oslo... but no... not good enough, they don't want Israel there at all.. And would rather keep with the terrorist shit

Lol. The palestinians have homeland.........its called Jordan

Sorry, but check your history. Palestine and Transjordan were separate mandates set up after WW I. Jordan may have occupied Palestinian territory after the '48 war, but that hardly made what is now Jordan into Palestinian territory. Your tired old quip is just another instance of people talking out their ass on the subject, instead of doing the grunt work and checking out the facts.

If the Palestinians had not rejected a two state solution they would have had their own state by now.

There was never a two state solution passed by the UNSC. A resolution was passed in the General Assembly but it was non-binding and the SC was to take up the issue. But the UN has no power to create nations. The Jews in Palestine created Israel all by themselves in 1948.

The Arabs rejected the 2 state solution in 1948, believing they could do better on th ground. Then Arafat rejected the offer for his own state.
Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

And they WOULD have easily had a 'homeland' if 2 things would have happened... 1) King Hussein would have kept his nose out in 1967... 2) If they would have lived up to negotiations in Oslo... but no... not good enough, they don't want Israel there at all.. And would rather keep with the terrorist shit

Staggering...just staggering....do you mind me asking how much time you have actually spent in Israel?

Jesus wept....so by your standards Germany owns Poland and Mexico owns California?

No, Jesus screamed laughing at your posts. You just described your own view. Germany lost eastern Poland and now the Poles own it. Mexico lost CA and now the US owns it. The Arabs lost the territories and noew Israel owns it.
Got it?

Rabbi -

You misread what was posted. Dave claims that because Israel once conquered Gaza on the battlefield - they own it. I claim that because Palestinians occupy Gaza and because Israel has no history of occupation of the Gaza region in recorded history - Palestinians own it.

Again - Israel patently does not own the Gaza Strip. Really....you didn't know Israel pulled out of the Strip in 2006?

If the Palestinians had not rejected a two state solution they would have had their own state by now.

There was never a two state solution passed by the UNSC. A resolution was passed in the General Assembly but it was non-binding and the SC was to take up the issue. But the UN has no power to create nations. The Jews in Palestine created Israel all by themselves in 1948.

The Arabs rejected the 2 state solution in 1948, believing they could do better on th ground. Then Arafat rejected the offer for his own state.
Palestinians never miss an opportunity to miss an opportunity.

The Partitian Plan was voted on in 1947 by the GA. Again non binding.

Rabbi -

You misread what was posted. Dave claims that because Israel once conquered Gaza on the battlefield - they own it. I claim that because Palestinians occupy Gaza and because Israel has no history of occupation of the Gaza region in recorded history - Palestinians own it.

Again - Israel patently does not own the Gaza Strip. Really....you didn't know Israel pulled out of the Strip in 2006?

Israel owns Gaza because they conquered it. They don't own it because they gave up ownership. You yourself write they pulled out. That settles it. The palis have nothng to do with any of that.

Forum List

Back