Obama refuses letter from Gov. Rick Perry

Vel

Platinum Member
Oct 30, 2008
Tennessee
It amazes me that Obama had NO problem taking a book being handed to him by America hater Hugo Chavez last year but is unwilling to dirty his hands with a letter from a sitting governor of a U.S state.

Perry invites Obama to tour the border with him
By R.G. RATCLIFFE AUSTIN BUREAU
Aug. 9, 2010, 3:57PM

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry's meeting at the Austin airport with President Barack Obama on border security lasted a mere 34 seconds, and Perry had to hand a letter on the issue to presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett because Obama declined to personally accept it.

That did not dissuade the governor from inviting Obama to come back to Texas and tour the border with him to get a first hand look at what Perry describes as the threat from Mexican drug cartels.

Perry invites Obama to tour the border with him | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Why would he hold a letter in his hand while he greets other people and such? This is a big deal over nothing.

It amazes me that Obama had NO problem taking a book being handed to him by America hater Hugo Chavez last year but is unwilling to dirty his hands with a letter from a sitting governor of a U.S state.

AUSTIN – Gov. Rick Perry's meeting at the Austin airport with President Barack Obama on border security lasted a mere 34 seconds, and Perry had to hand a letter on the issue to presidential adviser Valerie Jarrett because Obama declined to personally accept it.

That did not dissuade the governor from inviting Obama to come back to Texas and tour the border with him to get a first hand look at what Perry describes as the threat from Mexican drug cartels.

Perry invites Obama to tour the border with him | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

HaHa.. I guess Obama doesn't need his advice. Good call.

xotoxi-albums-pictures-2-picture831-dramatic-gopher.gif

HE DID WHAT???

The American Federal government has one primary duty, to protect America. But BO does not care and will not act. He sees votes in illegals once he provides them amnesty. In the meantime, billions of dollars are spent on illegals and lives are lost. BO is a traitor.

Perhaps he is afraid of what happens to American presidents when they drive around in Texas?

I'd like to make a comment about Perry (pot) calling Obama (teakettle) black but I'm afraid that worn out comparison won't quite convey the correct meaning in this case.
Why won't Perry do something about the sanctuary cities in Texas for starters ? Come to think of it, I don't know what if anything he has done to even discourage illegal aliens from coming to Texas.

obama could have recieved the letter and given it to his key advisor...its clear obama is still playing petty high school politics...he knew exactly what he was doing by 1. ignoring perry and 2. when he finally acknowledged perry was tryign to give him a letter he snubbed it

Why does Rick Perry want Obama's help anyway? Didn't Rick Perry talk about seceding a little while back? Why would he want "dirty" federal money and or troops? :eusa_whistle:

Why does Rick Perry want Obama's help anyway? Didn't Rick Perry talk about seceding a little while back? Why would he want "dirty" federal money and or troops? :eusa_whistle:

you should actually read the quote...sure a bit of nutty hyperbole...but you're exaggerating his desire to secede because you're too partisan

"Texas is a unique place. When we came into the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that," Perry said. "My hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, who knows what may come of that."

you should actually read the quote...sure a bit of nutty hyperbole...but you're exaggerating his desire to secede because you're too partisan

"Texas is a unique place. When we came into the union in 1845, one of the issues was that we would be able to leave if we decided to do that," Perry said. "My hope is that America and Washington in particular pays attention. We've got a great union. There's absolutely no reason to dissolve it. But if Washington continues to thumb their nose at the American people, who knows what may come of that."

Downplay his comments all you like, doesn't change he's nuts or hamming it up for the nuts crowd.

It still all boils down to the fact that there are damned few people in Washington who want to secure the borders. And I will not vote for a person who will not stand against illegal immigration.

Downplay his comments all you like, doesn't change he's nuts or hamming it up for the nuts crowd.

saying it is nutty hyperbole is "downplaying" it? :cuckoo:

you're exaggerating his comments dude....knock off the partisan crap

Not at all. He didn't outright say secede, but he thinks (incorrectly by the way) that Texas has the right to leave the U.S.

Not at all. He didn't outright say secede, but he thinks (incorrectly by the way) that Texas has the right to leave the U.S.

nice back peddle...i'm proud of you for backing off the partisan rhetoric

as to whether they have a right or not, you are most incorrect to flat out state they do not...it is a highly debatable topic and for you to conclude they don't is wholly inaccurate and shows you lack understanding about the topic as even constitutional scholars disagree over secession...

read up on a case called texas v. white

nice back peddle...i'm proud of you for backing off the partisan rhetoric

as to whether they have a right or not, you are most incorrect to flat out state they do not...it is a highly debatable topic and for you to conclude they don't is wholly inaccurate and shows you lack understanding about the topic as even constitutional scholars disagree over secession...

read up on a case called texas v. white

There was no back peddling. My original comment was sarcastic. And I was correct in my statement that he's hamming it up for the voters who happen to be nuts.

Forum List

Back