Obama Retreats On Global Warming

cultsmasher

VIP Member
Aug 9, 2014
Bay City, MI
I saw Obama talking at the U.N. about human caused global warming. Being the corporate meat puppet that U.S. politicians are, he didn't say anything substantal about stopping HCGW (human caused global warming) Instead he did a lot of talk about adapting to what you can view as "the new normal." But the only thing I want to adapt to is an economic system that doesn't destroy the environment. Though with the political and economic system as it is, that isn't likely to happen.

What we need is somebody with Fascist, dictatorial leanings. Somebody like me! Though for most people, they would rather be dead. Well guess what. You very well could get your wish. Because by the time things get bad enough around here to make most people want to change things, it will be too late. If it isn't already. But if I was dictator, I could certanly do something to stop HCGW. Though my feeling is that unless you elect me as dictator, you can screw yourselves. But despite that, I will unleash my wisdom on you and tell you what the answer is. WAR!!! But not in the way you think.

During WW II, the U.S. was able to switch most of its industral capacity over to a war footing. There is nothing but the will to do so stopping the U.S. from doing the same again. We could switch over factories to, for example, building electric motors and batteries to retrofit existing automobiles. Of course, there would be a cost involved. But as it is, we already spend about 433 billion each year on oil imports. If oil companies don't like it the change, too bad.

Though when it comes to the whole fossil fuel thing, we are probably being played for saps anyway. Given our technology, I find it hard to believe that a solution isn't already out there. Which either coal, oil or automobile industries are sitting on. Hell, if I had a few hundred bucks to spare, I could almost certanly come up with a solution myself. But that's a different story.

"Because by the time things get bad enough around here to make most people want to change things, it will be too late."

Human nature my friend. It'd take a catastrophe of biblical proportions to get America's lazy ass off the couch and away from its computer monitor.

• Banned
The "New Normal" to which he was referring IS "stopping 'global warming'".
We're fucked because he's fucking us and the UN is out to fuck the world.
Mr. H,
From what I saw, the "new normal" was basically saying how to live with the problem we have. Not fixing it.

• Banned
"Because by the time things get bad enough around here to make most people want to change things, it will be too late."

Human nature my friend. It'd take a catastrophe of biblical proportions to get America's lazy ass off the couch and away from its computer monitor.
Tom Sweetnam,
You're right. But a lot of that has to do with the garbage people are fed by the rich and powerful. It brings up something I said to someone else around here. Which is that looking from historical times to today, what the rich and powerful have been willing to subject the plebeans to is pertty fearsom.

• Banned
Well........lets face it.....he'd look pretty fucking stoopid :deal: talking about climate change being man made after the just released report from the NOAA >>>

West Coast warming linked to naturally occurring changes - LA Times
shookerasbil,
When listening to scientists talking about human caused global warming, (HCGW) they say that weather will still happen. If NOAA or the LA Times came out and said that west coast was warming was due to natural changes, I couldn't say they were wrong. But there is little doubt that HCGW still had a part to play.

You also show a thing on your post about some fear mongering statement against Fascism by a former supreme court justice. But what else can be done when democracy fails. You also have something about driving flex fuel cars. Did you ever see the documentary, "Who killed the electric car?" Right now, nobody should be driving cars that aren't electric.

What's going is something like food producers replacing fat with sugar. We are now given the choice of buying regular, flex fuel or cars that run on both internal combustion engins and electric motors. It's pointless. Electric is all that is needed. Even then, what if you wanted to extend your range a little. Well they could do something like putting a small one cylinder home electric generator in there that would add at least some electricty as it is being used. That would extend their range some. But car companies make too much money off selling parts that are required by internal combustion engines to want to change.

Forum List

Back