Obama says he didn’t draw the 'Red Line' on Syria

Good, then why are you defending obama's entry into Syria's civil war?

How are we involved?

But for Putin we would be. Obama should not have made his red line statement, he should not have threatened military action unless he had congress' approval. once again, obama embarrassed the USA with his incompetence.

This country needs to learn that we cannot be the world's morals enforcer and police force.

What did Obama threaten to do if the red line were crossed?

That's an easy out.

But rational people believe that when one sets a line and refers to it as a game changer.....then it will be a game changer.

So exactly what has Obama done that can be deemed a game changer?

All I seem to recall is him THREATENING and then saying to Russia....(paraphrased).....'you take the ball, I aint got nothing.'

The game changer was the deployment of the 6th Fleet off the coast of Syria and the announcement that the USA was planning to strike. The ball wasn't given to Russia until Russia had removed all of it's military personel from Syria and withdrawn it's flotilla of 16 warships and replaced it with a 4 or 5 ship rescue squad to remove Russian citizens from Syria if needed. The effect was that Assad admitted having chemical weapons and an agreement to allow Russia and the UN to remove those weapons.

You have to know that didn't happen. Russia sent more warships to Syria.

International News | World News - ABC News

China sent warships and reinforcements to Syria.
BREAKING: China Sends Warships & 1000 Marines to Syria, Accuses the U.S. of lying About Syria And Ignoring International Laws. Russia Sends another Amphibous Assault Ship. Turkey Sends More Troops to Syria Border | InvestmentWatch

Russia did not abandon its navy base at all.

The effect was Assad turns over chemical weapons to the UN and has a US guarantee that he remain in power. If you trust Assad to turn over all chemical weapons that is. The upside is, the next chemical weapon attack has to be the rebels because Assad has already turned over all his to the UN.

That's an easy out.

But rational people believe that when one sets a line and refers to it as a game changer.....then it will be a game changer.

All I seem to recall is him THREATENING and then saying to Russia....(paraphrased).....'you take the ball, I aint got nothing.'

That is not the case. Obama still had options. However from Putin's perspective Obama's options were going to cause trouble for Russia. If Obama did intervene with a military strike it would mean depriving Assad of his air supremacy as a prerequisite to taking out his chemical weapons. That would mean that Assad's regime would collapse pretty soon thereafter. Putin needs Assad to remain in place because of the domino impact it will have if he is overthrown. Russia already has civil unrest in many of the Muslim nations to the south. There is no guarantee that whomever replaces Assad will be a friend of Putin's.

So rather than Obama "having nothing" it was Putin who needed to step in and save Assad's sorry butt. Personally I believe Obama should have made a surgical strike without any warning. But he might have had a 3 am call from Putin asking him to hold off. We won't know for sure but the fact that the negotiation went like clockwork tells me that Putin wanted it more than Obama needed it. What confirms it for me is that Israel is happy with this outcome. They would not be that way if Putin was screwing around on this deal.

Good, then why are you defending obama's entry into Syria's civil war?

How are we involved?

But for Putin we would be. Obama should not have made his red line statement, he should not have threatened military action unless he had congress' approval. once again, obama embarrassed the USA with his incompetence.

This country needs to learn that we cannot be the world's morals enforcer and police force.

So you lied
We are not involved

If Obama had not threatened military action, would Putin have been able to negotiate?

That's an easy out.

That is not the case. Obama still had options. However from Putin's perspective Obama's options were going to cause trouble for Russia. If Obama did intervene with a military strike it would mean depriving Assad of his air supremacy as a prerequisite to taking out his chemical weapons. That would mean that Assad's regime would collapse pretty soon thereafter. Putin needs Assad to remain in place because of the domino impact it will have if he is overthrown. Russia already has civil unrest in many of the Muslim nations to the south. There is no guarantee that whomever replaces Assad will be a friend of Putin's.

So rather than Obama "having nothing" it was Putin who needed to step in and save Assad's sorry butt. Personally I believe Obama should have made a surgical strike without any warning. But he might have had a 3 am call from Putin asking him to hold off. We won't know for sure but the fact that the negotiation went like clockwork tells me that Putin wanted it more than Obama needed it. What confirms it for me is that Israel is happy with this outcome. They would not be that way if Putin was screwing around on this deal.

Israel is happy because a US attack on Syria would have resulted on arab attacks on Israel. There was no need for any saber rattling. Syria's civil war is none of our business, the USA does not exist to enforce UN rules on the use of chemical weapons.

How are we involved?

So you lied
We are not involved

If Obama had not threatened military action, would Putin have been able to negotiate?

OK. I should have said Obama's THREATENED entry into Syria's civil war. happy now?

So you lied
We are not involved

OK. I should have said Obama's THREATENED entry into Syria's civil war. happy now?

And his threat was enough to get Assad to surrender his chemical weapons without us having to take military action

Works for me

So you lied
We are not involved

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg8XFRc-Lc]Obama's Blurred Red Line - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4f6XuqOdo]Barack Obama lays down red line to Syria over chemical weapons - YouTube[/ame]

So you lied
We are not involved

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEg8XFRc-Lc]Obama's Blurred Red Line - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4f6XuqOdo]Barack Obama lays down red line to Syria over chemical weapons - YouTube[/ame]

Yes,

And Arnold Swarznegger was Governor of Cally-fornia

terminator-main.jpeg

That's an easy out.

The game changer was the deployment of the 6th Fleet off the coast of Syria and the announcement that the USA was planning to strike. The ball wasn't given to Russia until Russia had removed all of it's military personel from Syria and withdrawn it's flotilla of 16 warships and replaced it with a 4 or 5 ship rescue squad to remove Russian citizens from Syria if needed. The effect was that Assad admitted having chemical weapons and an agreement to allow Russia and the UN to remove those weapons.

You have to know that didn't happen. Russia sent more warships to Syria.

International News | World News - ABC News

China sent warships and reinforcements to Syria.
BREAKING: China Sends Warships & 1000 Marines to Syria, Accuses the U.S. of lying About Syria And Ignoring International Laws. Russia Sends another Amphibous Assault Ship. Turkey Sends More Troops to Syria Border | InvestmentWatch

Russia did not abandon its navy base at all.

The effect was Assad turns over chemical weapons to the UN and has a US guarantee that he remain in power. If you trust Assad to turn over all chemical weapons that is. The upside is, the next chemical weapon attack has to be the rebels because Assad has already turned over all his to the UN.

Your links, as usual, are useless.
If you do not understand or even aknowledge the withdrawl of a 16 ship Russian flotilla with navel warfare offensive capibilities and it's replacement with a four ship "rescue squad" of two troop transports with an air defense cruiser and intelligence ship to protect them it is impossible for you to analyize and evaluate the entire situation in an intelligent manner. If you refuse to accept that the Russian's announced the purpose of the ships at the same time they announced that all military personel had been removed you are grossly misinformed. If you want to rely on unreliable sources that give political spins or sources that are designed for quick mass public comsumption that is your business. You just shouldn't depend on everyone else to do the same.

Last edited:
So you lied
We are not involved

And his threat was enough to get Assad to surrender his chemical weapons without us having to take military action

Works for me

LOL, what it was is an empty threat. Putin called his bluff. Now Putin will have the CW's and Assad will remain in power.

Barry's threat accomplished nothing.

Works for me

LOL, what it was is an empty threat. Putin called his bluff. Now Putin will have the CW's and Assad will remain in power.

Seems Putin thought Obama's "bluff" was realistic enough to talk his buddy into surrendering his chemical weapons

Barrys threat got Assad to surrender his weapons without us firing a shot

The irony?

Bush rids a country of a murderous dictator and he is dubbed an evil man

Obama opts to let a dictator continue killing his people (just without chemical weapons), and he is dubbed a Nobel Peace Prize winning humanitarian.

Works for me

Seems Putin thought Obama's "bluff" was realistic enough to talk his buddy into surrendering his chemical weapons

Barrys threat got Assad to surrender his weapons without us firing a shot

uh...just a little reminder...

What happened the last time a dictator "promised" full disclosure of his interior arms development?

Watch what happens.....10 years from now, Assad will turn away the inspectors and a GOP president will be forced to show "we were serious" and get blamed for an illegal war.

And the beat goes on.

Forum List

Back