Obama says he didn’t draw the 'Red Line' on Syria

LOL, what it was is an empty threat. Putin called his bluff. Now Putin will have the CW's and Assad will remain in power.

Barry's threat accomplished nothing.

Seems Putin thought Obama's "bluff" was realistic enough to talk his buddy into surrendering his chemical weapons

Barrys threat got Assad to surrender his weapons without us firing a shot

uh...just a little reminder...

What happened the last time a dictator "promised" full disclosure of his interior arms development?

Watch what happens.....10 years from now, Assad will turn away the inspectors and a GOP president will be forced to show "we were serious" and get blamed for an illegal war.

And the beat goes on.

My recollection was that the dictator in question didn't have any WMD's after the "GOP president" waged his "illegal war" on that pretext.

Seems Putin thought Obama's "bluff" was realistic enough to talk his buddy into surrendering his chemical weapons

What happened the last time a dictator "promised" full disclosure of his interior arms development?

Watch what happens.....10 years from now, Assad will turn away the inspectors and a GOP president will be forced to show "we were serious" and get blamed for an illegal war.

And the beat goes on.

My recollection was that the dictator in question didn't have any WMD's after the "GOP president" waged his "illegal war" on that pretext.

you diverted from the point made.

The dictator in question signed a treaty clearing the way for inspectors to see what he was doing at all times in regard to his "munitions operations"

In return, we drew our forces out of his country.

He reneged on the deal.

That's what dictators do.

And the beat goes on.

The dictator in question signed a treaty clearing the way for inspectors to see what he was doing at all times in regard to his "munitions operations"

He reneged on the deal.

Once again my recollection differs from yours. Your "GOP president" ordered the inspectors out of Iraq by giving them 48 hours to leave before he waged his "illegal war". The dictator was in full compliance since inspectors were in Iraq and he didn't have any WMD's.

He reneged on the deal.

Once again my recollection differs from yours. Your "GOP president" ordered the inspectors out of Iraq by giving them 48 hours to leave before he waged his "illegal war". The dictator was in full compliance since inspectors were in Iraq and he didn't have any WMD's.

Well, you seem to recollect some of what took place, but not all of it.

Inspectors were told to leave...yes...and they were there...yes.

However, the inspectors were not given the freedom to check where they wanted...they were only allowed to check where the dictator allowed them to check.

There were stations throughout with reason for suspicion, and the inspectors were turned away from those positions.

That was breech of the treaty.

The Iraqi dictator did it
The North Korean dictator did it
And I am pretty confident the Syrian dictator will do it.

Come to think of it...can you name any dictator in recent history who kept to his word/signature?

OK. I should have said Obama's THREATENED entry into Syria's civil war. happy now?

And his threat was enough to get Assad to surrender his chemical weapons without us having to take military action

Works for me

What happened to Obama's "Assad must go" statement?

he decided he doesn't have to go.

It is OK to kill over 100,000 citizens as long as he is using conventional weapons.

That's why President Obama is considered a great humanitarian!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IxxwfaIAl_Q]Obama Warns Syria's Assad Chemical Weapons A 'RED Line' - YouTube[/ame]
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lz4f6XuqOdo]Barack Obama lays down red line to Syria over chemical weapons - YouTube[/ame]

these were both said in 2012

And the beat goes on.

That wouldn't be the Iraq war that had UN and Congressional approval for would it? Must have been some other war.

And the beat goes on.

That wouldn't be the Iraq war that had UN and Congressional approval for would it? Must have been some other war.

It was Jarhead who called it an "illegal war" so I guess he was the one who felt that Congress and the UN had been duped about the existence of WMD's that never existed.

It was Jarhead who called it an "illegal war" so I guess he was the one who felt that Congress and the UN had been duped about the existence of WMD's that never existed.

I used the term "illegal war" in a sarcastic way. Anyone with the ability to comprehend basic reading would have known that...

Forum List

Back