Obama Scraps Registry Program for Muslim Men

Honestly, they should also be printed and DNA tested.
Obama himself has admitted that his administration's ability to vette them before they enter the country is damn-near impossible. He proved that when he gave a terrorist a visa, and they traveled to Ca before murdering 12 Americans.

So why the hell would you push to bring in millions of un-vetted Muslims from nations infested with terrorists - nations notorious for hating the US and wishing us ill, especially when your own security agencies are telling you they have been infiltrated with terrorists...especially after some of them have murdered Americans in terrorist attacks?

They aren't unvetted.

Portman says FBI chief said Syrian refugees can't be vetted
Portman said, "The director of the FBI said that we cannot figure out who (Syrian refugees) are, what their intentions are, because we have no information on them, because we don’t have any contact with the Syrian government or any people on the ground to be able to determine that."

Portman had a point that Comey expressed concerns about information gaps on potential Syrian refugees. However, he exaggerated the extent of Comey’s concerns when he said that Comey indicated that "we cannot figure out" who they are, and that we have "no information on them." All told, Comey said the vetting process is thorough, but imperfect.

Refugee's are the least likely avenue for terrorism - it's a multi-year process to even get accepted.. We are a country of immigrants and refugees - and those people have been through hell, a hell which we have some small reasponsibility for. What we should concentrate on is other programs and preventing radicalization within the country.

Department of Homeland Security (I was wrong in saying "various intelligence agencies): Former Homeland Security Staffer Says Muslim Registry Is "Easy" To Reinstate But "Ineffective"

Brown, who overall worked at DHS from 2005 through 2011 and is now director of immigration policy at the Bipartisan Policy Center, told BuzzFeed News “I’m not sure I understand the rationale for it now.”

She added that NSEERS was “costly and ineffective” and that there was “a lot of confusion around the program.” For instance, registered individuals were supposed to periodically check in with local Immigration officers, but “people weren’t given the proper follow-up information,” Brown said.

Brown recalls that the program did lead to a few thousand deportations — mostly for individuals who had overstayed their visas. No suspected terrorists or terrorist plotters identified through the system were prosecuted, she said.

So some "staffer" is now a legal authority on executive power? Everything in this admin has been "costly and ineffective"...New data compiled by Bloomberg Government reveal that Obamacare has already cost taxpayers $73 billion, including $2.1 billion on its busted Obamacare website–a figure more than double what the Obama administration originally claimed. There's an unemployed software engineer on this board who could have set it up faster and more secure for a couple hundred bucks. Solyndra cost us $535M because the dumbass never bothered to check out the competition from China. He tried to stop the bin-Laden raid and was overruled by Jarret and Panetta. He's ruled by EO because he can't sell money at half-price to a savvy Congress....the only people who believe a word he says are either dopers or whites terrified of blacks thinking he gives a shit about them. If he has a single hair on his ass (doubtful) he'll let Hillary face what's coming her way from Sessions and Comey.

And all that has what to do with the post 9/11 registry program?

Here is another source:
The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has officially ended a Bush-Era registry created after 9/11 to track men from predominantly Muslim countries. The registry known as the National Security Entry-Exit Registration System (NSEERS) was shown to be ineffective and had not been used for years, but the basic structure remained. NSEERS will be dismantled through a published regulation in the Federal Register this week called a final rule.

In justifying this action, the administration noted in the background information accompanying the rule that the government now has systems in place that are much more efficient at collecting information relevant to determining whether or not a foreign national poses a security threat and should be admitted to the U.S. In fact, with the suspension of the domestic registration requirements of NSEERS announced in 2003 and the de-listing of targeted countries in 2011, the functions of this regulation had been rendered un-operational long ago.

In part, the administration is responding to recommendations from the DHS Office of Inspector General (OIG). In 2012, the OIG issued a report about border security and information sharing about foreign nationals. The OIG report listed several information collection programs the government had in place at the time the report was issued that were much more efficient compared to the NSEERS program.

For example, NSEERS relied on self-reported information from target populations. Meanwhile, the government was collecting information from a much broader population of noncitizens entering the country—through fingerprints, flight manifests, travel and identity documents and intelligence sources. None of these methods depended on what individuals might say in an interview with a government agent. These other systems were more valuable in determining potential security risks.

Can you provide any information that shows it was effective beyond a "it makes us feel safe" metric?

This source doesn't prove anything, now does it?

They should all be made to take a loyalty oath and disavow sharia....otherwise...THEY GONE.
That is an interesting idea...before any Muslims are allowed to stay they must sign a loyalty pledge and disavow Sharia.... Then again, of course, the Koran states it is ok for Muslims to lie in cases like this.

True but forcing them to make a PUBLIC statement will sting and the die-hards will refuse and run to the ACLU...remember, they are trained to use our love of civil liberties against us. Trump should jail the entire ACLU just for the hell of it...let em out in a couple weeks...should clear their heads about the new sheriff in town.

They should all be made to take a loyalty oath and disavow sharia....otherwise...THEY GONE.
That is an interesting idea...before any Muslims are allowed to stay they must sign a loyalty pledge and disavow Sharia.... Then again, of course, the Koran states it is ok for Muslims to lie in cases like this.

True but forcing them to make a PUBLIC statement will sting and the die-hards will refuse and run to the ACLU...remember, they are trained to use our love of civil liberties against us. Trump should jail the entire ACLU just for the hell of it...let em out in a couple weeks...should clear their heads about the new sheriff in town.
Violating the oath would be a separate crime on its own.

That's ridiculous.

My mom was a public school teacher in the 50's...she gladly took the loyalty oath that was required. Was communism any less dangerous to our society than Islamists? I think not. Line em up and lay down the law...they either swear allegiance or catch the next boat out.

Did you bother to read it? The Wall Street Journal is not considered liberal.

I read their sports page. :lol:

Of course not....I haven't touched a newspaper in 7 or 8 years.....and I have a degree in print journalism. :eusa_doh:

Of course not....I haven't touched a newspaper in 7 or 8 years.....and I have a degree in print journalism. :eusa_doh:

Well...we can probably agree on this...news and media in many ways has gone downhill. Far less depth and checking for accuracy. It's all soundbytes and rush to get it out in a tweet or a bumpersticker sized slogan. Pretty sad.

Every muslim born elsewhere is already listed in several of our data bases, from ICE to the INS. Barry is playing to the moron crowd in his last few weeks of power by springing black drug dealers from prison and sending GITMO al-Qaida captives back to join ISIS. He cut off drilling rights and threw mining companies impossible new regs to follow. Trump had to intervene to back off the UN from condemning Israeli settlements because our muslim moron wasn't going to veto it. He'll do everything he can think of to hurt this country before he's gone....I bet he'll piss on the WH carpets on the way out the door.
Good thing this is a smooth transition? Wow, obummer showing his classlessness and hate of Americans

Well...we can probably agree on this...news and media in many ways has gone downhill. Far less depth and checking for accuracy. It's all soundbytes and rush to get it out in a tweet or a bumpersticker sized slogan. Pretty sad.
Why do you hate Americans?

No one should ever be forced to take a loyalty pledge unless every citizen is required and even then I would object. We are not a police state. Nor should they be humiliated by making "public statements". They should do what any other immigrant or citizen is required to do - obey our laws.

Why do you?

They aren't unvetted.
I stand corrected - the terrorist to whom the Obama administration gave a visa, allowed into the country, and who ended up murdering 12 Americans was not 'UN-vetted' - they were just PISS-POORLY vetted.

That wasn't a refugee.
No, she was piss-poorly vetted before being given a K-1 'Fiance' Visa'

The Obama administration boasts that the fiancé visa program 'has one of the more rigorous security screening processes — presenting far more hurdles than other avenues for foreigners to enter the U.S.'....only to be debunked by this terrorist being welcomed into the US and murdering 12 Americans in California.

No one should ever be forced to take a loyalty pledge unless every citizen is required and even then I would object. We are not a police state. Nor should they be humiliated by making "public statements". They should do what any other immigrant or citizen is required to do - obey our laws.

Wait until your local supermarket can no longer guarantee you safe food to eat. Do you have any idea what's coming at us? We are at WAR with these muslim animals who don't wear uniforms and act normal right up to when they start shooting. You don't know murderous violence...it's conceptual to you, not reality. Got any idea how many of these freaks have white girlfriends who get caught in the undertow of suicide vests and pressure-cooker bombs? Don't wait until it visits your door to stop this knee-jerk defense of these freedom-hating mongrels.

Why do you?
Who do I hate? You're the one trying to divide the country!

They aren't unvetted.
I stand corrected - the terrorist to whom the Obama administration gave a visa, allowed into the country, and who ended up murdering 12 Americans was not 'UN-vetted' - they were just PISS-POORLY vetted.

That wasn't a refugee.
No, she was piss-poorly vetted before being given a K-1 'Fiance' Visa'

The Obama administration boasts that the fiancé visa program 'has one of the more rigorous security screening processes — presenting far more hurdles than other avenues for foreigners to enter the U.S.'....only to be debunked by this terrorist being welcomed into the US and murdering 12 Americans in California.

That points out though, doesn't it - that these are the avenues that we still need to get better on checking and vetting right? It's never going to be 100% unless ou advocate for a police state and no one wants that.

Why do you?
Who do I hate? You're the one trying to divide the country!

No idea what you are talking on, but please...chatter on :)

It was a legacy from the Bush administration that was found to be largely ineffective. Trump will now have to create something from scratch. And take the heat for it.
Thank you for that information, but you seemed to have missed my point. The idea of a registry for Middle Eastern men, for which Trump was demonized over by liberals, is a program that was already being used by the Federal Government...even by Barry himself.

So either the liberals attacking Trump over the registry idea were / are ignorant to this information, that such a program already existed, OR they are humongous hypocrites who don't care that it already existed.

Trump will have to create something from scratch? Not at all - that's why he has been advised to REVIVE the program. Are you suggesting that on the way out the Obama administration will delete the entire database of Muslims in this country that has been created and maintained for years?

Except you kind of overlook another point. The post 9/11 registry was for non-citizen muslim men visiting the US. Trump's idea - at least his initial idea was for ALL Muslims including US citizens to register in a database.

Not constitutional. Fortunately.

Sorry, but you are incorrect. Fingerprints are already being done and DNA testing can easily be added as an admission step.

Forum List

Back