Obama signs expanded Violence Against Women Act

Are you complaining?

What exactly about the VAWA do you disagree with?

I said it pretty plainly in my OP, I thought. Why exactly do we need to specify race or gender in ANY "ACT"?

Shouldn't people of all races and either gender recieve the same rights? I thought we already settled that battle when the US left had something GOOD to contribute to America.

Are you complaining?

I said it pretty plainly in my OP, I thought. Why exactly do we need to specify race or gender in ANY "ACT"?

Shouldn't people of all races and either gender recieve the same rights? I thought we already settled that battle when the US left had something GOOD to contribute to America.

What "additional" rights does the VAWA give women?

Are you complaining?

I said SAME --- you said additional...

WTF??

WTF??

You said that your issue with the VAWA is that you think everyone should receive the same rights.

That implies that the VAWA changes that. I'm asking how.

Did you actually READ the Yahoo link?
"Men are covered under the law, but it's called the Violence Against Women Act because women are disproportionally victims in domestic violence."

WTF??

You said that your issue with the VAWA is that you think everyone should receive the same rights.

Because it is specifying gender and race.... Why are we going in circles in two different threads?

anyway -- would it be so hard to develop legislation that talks about people or citizens and not about people of a race, or of a sex?

I mean really --- Did you lefties forget the lession taught by Reverend MLK Jr.???

WTF??

Because it is specifying gender and race.... Why are we going in circles in two different threads?

anyway -- would it be so hard to develop legislation that talks about people or citizens and not about people of a race, or of a sex?

I mean really --- Did you lefties forget the lession taught by Reverend MLK Jr.???

So, you're basing your dislike of the VAWA on it's name?

Do you even know what the bill includes?

cantor-rapes.jpg

Tribal Provision: Myths v. Facts - VAWA Reauthorization

For Native American Women, Scourge of Rape, Rare Justice - The New York Times

Rapes on Indian Reservations Reach Epidemic Proportions

Rape and Red Tape on the Reservation: Why Native American Women Are Fighting For Plan B

Keeping the U.S. Unsafe for Native American Women

Native American Women Face High Rape Rate, Report Says

Yea, I know what the bill includes --- it includes references to sex and race. That is is my issue. Why do you struggle to understand that?

You are trying to pigeon-hole me into an ignorant "war on women" tag --- when it's you guys who have all the issues identifying people by lables...

It's about time you guys grow up and think about Americans as Americans and not as blacks, or women, or any other lable that you use to keep Americans divided!

Yea, I know what the bill includes --- it includes references to sex and race. That is is my issue. Why do you struggle to understand that?

You are trying to pigeon-hole me into an ignorant "war on women" tag --- when it's you guys who have all the issues identifying people by lables...

It's about time you guys grow up and think about Americans as Americans and not as blacks, or women, or any other lable that you use to keep Americans divided!

I'm not trying to pigeon hole you into anything - I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck you're talking about.

What "references to sex and race" are you talking about? Do you have any examples?

Are you saying that those words should be forbidden?

I'm not trying to pigeon hole you into anything - I'm just trying to figure out what the fuck you're talking about.

What "references to sex and race" are you talking about? Do you have any examples?

Are you saying that those words should be forbidden?

wow... ok...

we already have laws against RAPE..what does this bill do that the others don't?
Nothing.

I figured the legal scholar Indian Lakhtoa could explain it to us she knows so much about it...or we are just suppose to take the fact from a few links like, (aleredworldnet) she throws on the board

The fact that the law in question (the Violence Against Women Act) has been in effect for nearly 20 years now means that you should already know what the bill is.

Forum List

Back