Obama slips another one by us: No more guns in plane cockpits ?

Washington Times - EDITORIAL: Guns on a plane

The Obama administration this past week diverted some $2 million from the pilot training program to hire more supervisory staff, who will engage in field inspections of pilots.
Much more at link.

So, what the hell is this? Disarm the pilots, none of which have ever abused their authority, not even so much as brandished their weapons?

What say you?

Obama is afraid of guns. He's probably going to die by one. I've said for awhile now that my bet is he'll be assassinated.

Meh ... guns in planes are bad anyway. Anyone stupid enough to fire one while in the air is pretty much not worth having as a pilot. If someone does hijack the plane with a gun while it's in the air just let go of the controls and disengage auto-pilot ... at that point I would dare them to fire with an evil grin.

There's nothing in the linked article that proves the thread title.

Meh ... guns in planes are bad anyway. Anyone stupid enough to fire one while in the air is pretty much not worth having as a pilot. If someone does hijack the plane with a gun while it's in the air just let go of the controls and disengage auto-pilot ... at that point I would dare them to fire with an evil grin.

Oh yeah... I'd rather have the plane flown into a building and die in a fire ball than have a pilot shoot a terrorist and save us all. :eusa_hand:

What do you think the pilot training was for?

Oh yeah... I'd rather have the plane flown into a building and die in a fire ball than have a pilot shoot a terrorist and save us all. :eusa_hand:

Um ... you really don't know much about piloting or giant jumbo jets.

had the Pilots had guns on 9/11, perhaps they could have defended themselves against cave dwellers with box cutters. Perhaps not but I will gladly take my chances than to be at the mercy of just the bad guys being armed.

And you do? You are aware that ammo is made that won't penetrate the side of the aircraft? That even if a round does little will happen? That pilots are carefully trained in the use of the firearms they carry and when to USE them?

And no pilot is going to just let the plane crash and the terrorist knows it. Further terrorists on 9/11 knew enough about flying these "jumbo" jets to be able to murder the flight crew when they took over the aircraft. Of course in YOUR fantasy world that would never happen, right?

Aaaahh... more than likely a hellofa lot more than you do. I spent eight years in Air Force working on assorted air craft. What did you do? Ride in one once?

Cut the crap. No one needs a pissing contest.

The point of the thread is hussein is anti gun. No mystery there.

Last edited:
Meh ... it's all moot really. Once someone draws a gun, a properly trained pilot could still avoid disaster without a gun. First ... restricting access to the cockpit and actually enforcing it would help a lot (instead of what happened the last few hijackings) and just stop being such chicken shits when faced with a criminal. They are brave because everyone else just cowers.

For the record, if the Obama Administration is banning pilots from flying armed, I am against it.

I'm not, however, taking this OpEd at face value.

Well, MM...are you going to correct your thread title or not?

Forum List

Back