🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama stimulus is failed

The stimulus saved us from another Great Depression.

When an economy is in a deflationary spiral, the government has to be the demand of last resort.

Now the lying Republicans, who created the crisis, are trying to re-write history.

Three years into Obama's term and the stimulus we have no growth and high unemployment. How is that saving us from anything?
Gov't as demand of the last resort is a failed program. It has failed every time it was tried. Only fools and simps believe otherwise.

To prove your point, I need this information:

1. Explain what he tried, using specific pieces of legislation or executive orders, and explain, with numbers, what the result was.

2. Show us the trend before and during his term, for job loss.

3. Give us some basis for what it would have been, had the same policies been kept in place, not his.

4. Do simple math and compare the status quo to what he did.

Until you do those 4 things...you havent proven it was Obama that f'd up.

We already know that nothing will persuade you that Obama is a total failure. This is partly because your knowledge base in economics is close to zero. Partly because your knowledge of history is close to zero. Partly because your ability to reason is close to zero. And partly because you are just damned stupid.

But if you compare recoveries in the previous recessions to this one, and compare gov't intervention you will find that never have we had as lackluster growth as we have now, nor have we had as high unemployment.
But here's a Wiki article with a chart on recessions. Notice that in the post war recessions, none has lasted longer than this one.
List of recessions in the United States - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Here's another site that compares recoveries. Notice how lackluster this one has been compared, esp to 1980.
The Recession in Perspective - Compares output and employment changes during the present recession with the same data for the 10 previous recessions - The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Yes, it's pretty damn good

ROFL

Of course it is - anything Obama does is perfect.

In 2002, GDP grew at 3.79% - the NY Times called it "anemic growth."

If 4% growth is considered "anemic," 2.9% is abysmal.

Pull your head out of your Messiah's® ass.

2004 - 4.1%
2005 - 6.9%
2006 - 5.4%

Oh, looky there - you cherry picked the good years of growth. And you either lied or misinterpreted. Color me surprised!

Real Growth in GDP, annual:
2004: 3.6%
2005: 3.1%
2006: 2.7%.

http://bea.gov/iTable/iTable.cfm?ReqID=9&step=1

If 2.9 is abysmal, you must have considered the overall growth of the Bush years absolutely atrocious.

Last edited:
Yes, it's pretty damn good

ROFL

2004 - 4.1%
2005 - 6.9%
2006 - 5.4%

Oh, looky there - you cherry picked the good years of growth.

If 2.9 is abysmal, you must have considered the overal lgrowth of the Bush years absolutely atrocious.

Deflecting is always best when you're wrong.

Three years into Obama's term and the stimulus we have no growth and high unemployment. How is that saving us from anything?
Gov't as demand of the last resort is a failed program. It has failed every time it was tried. Only fools and simps believe otherwise.

1. Explain what he tried, using specific pieces of legislation or executive orders, and explain, with numbers, what the result was.

3. Give us some basis for what it would have been, had the same policies been kept in place, not his.

We already know that nothing will persuade you that Obama is a total failure. This is partly because your knowledge base in economics is close to zero. Partly because your knowledge of history is close to zero. Partly because your ability to reason is close to zero. And partly because you are just damned stupid.

But if you compare recoveries in the previous recessions to this one, and compare gov't intervention you will find that never have we had as lackluster growth as we have now, nor have we had as high unemployment.
But here's a Wiki article with a chart on recessions. Notice that in the post war recessions, none has lasted longer than this one.

Here's another site that compares recoveries. Notice how lackluster this one has been compared, esp to 1980.
The Recession in Perspective - Compares output and employment changes during the present recession with the same data for the 10 previous recessions - The Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis

Hey Rabbi, how about you don't assume what I'm going to say. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Why? In various threads that you've already been a part of, I've explained my miscontent with Oblammy. Your attempt to paint me into the corner of an Obamabot is just a way of trying NOT to answer the question.

I've simply asked for information...without spin. Surely that's not unreasonable? Stop jumping to conclusions (unless you have that mat from the movie Office Space...and then you totally can jump...I would).

I'll read your links, but stop being a nit-wit.

ROFL

2004 - 4.1%
2005 - 6.9%
2006 - 5.4%

If 2.9 is abysmal, you must have considered the overal lgrowth of the Bush years absolutely atrocious.

Deflecting? You said we have "no growth". I proved you wrong as usual. You deflected and made up some pure bullshit about being within the margin of error (clearly not a stats major, you).

Then we started discussing the relative worth of a 2.9% growth rate. In determining its worth, you need some means of comparison. Why would the next most recent period not be a good comparison?

Deflecting? You said we have "no growth". I proved you wrong as usual. You deflected and made up some pure bullshit about being within the margin of error (clearly not a stats major, you).

Then we started discussing the relative worth of a 2.9% growth rate. In determining its worth, you need some means of comparison. Why would the next most recent period not be a good comparison?

It's 1.8%. Which is virtually zero. Especially considering the level of gov't spending.
In a normal recovery we would be seeing 4-5% growth at this stage. We're not. Slow/no growth coupled with high unemployment spells failure.

Hey Rabbi, how about you don't assume what I'm going to say. You obviously have a reading comprehension problem. Why? In various threads that you've already been a part of, I've explained my miscontent with Oblammy. Your attempt to paint me into the corner of an Obamabot is just a way of trying NOT to answer the question.

I've simply asked for information...without spin. Surely that's not unreasonable? Stop jumping to conclusions (unless you have that mat from the movie Office Space...and then you totally can jump...I would).

Did I ever accuse you of being an Obamabot? Please post the link.
No, you are a moron of galactic caliber however so debate is difficult if not impossible.

It's 1.8%. Which is virtually zero.

"virtually zero"... "within the margin of error"....is this some new post-Gaussian statistics you're using? How does this new system measure the error term of GDP?

How far can the Left blame Bush

Oh wait, if their is any good economic news, say unemployment falls to 9.1 percent

Then the Left will give Papa Obama full credit

No, you are a moron of galactic caliber however so debate is difficult if not impossible.

You didn't use the word Obamabot...but you said I wouldnt be reasonable and would just simply defend Obama. FUCKFACE!!! THAT'S THE SAME THING.

Nice deflecting! Don't assume and mischaracterize my response before I give it.

How about coming up with the required information I asked for, shit for (I was going to say brains, but really all parts of you fit).

Cite where joblessness was....then cite what the policy was that was in place...then trend that out. This gives you Figure #1

Go back...

Cite where joblessness was...then cite to Obama's exact policy that was so heinous...and prove what effect it had. This gives you Figure #2

When you can compare Figure 1 with Figure 2, then you'll have what the real answer is.

Until you can do that, your head is up your ass. It's a simple fucking comparison for fucks sake. Don't come back until you can that.
Any post not addressing that exact calculation is bullshit.

You didn't use the word Obamabot...but you said I wouldnt be reasonable and would just simply defend Obama. FUCKFACE!!! THAT'S THE SAME THING.

How about coming up with the required information I asked for, shit for (I was going to say brains, but really all parts of you fit).

Cite where joblessness was....then cite what the policy was that was in place...then trend that out. This gives you Figure #1

Go back...

Cite where joblessness was...then cite to Obama's exact policy that was so heinous...and prove what effect it had. This gives you Figure #2

When you can compare Figure 1 with Figure 2, then you'll have what the real answer is.

Until you can do that, your head is up your ass. It's a simple fucking comparison for fucks sake. Don't come back until you can that.

You are completely hopeless, "counselor." You are a poseur and an intellectual midget.

Go back...

You are completely hopeless, "counselor." You are a poseur and an intellectual midget.

Come back when you can do the simple math required. Until then, you're just full of hot air.

Ironically, what the GOP wanted to do for stimulus would have accomplished even less.

There in no less then this stimulus accomplished, since it accomplished nothing.

Can you explain what exactly GOP wanted since, as much I can recall, they voted against it.

Ame®icano;4009807 said:
Ironically, what the GOP wanted to do for stimulus would have accomplished even less.

There in no less then this stimulus accomplished, since it accomplished nothing.

Can you explain what exactly GOP wanted since, as much I can recall, they voted against it.

No, you are dead wrong.
The stimulus accomplished plenty:
Paid off union interests
Increased US debt to where raising taxes seemed reasonable.
Provided pork barrel spending for Democratic Congressmen.

Ame®icano;4009807 said:

No, you are dead wrong.
The stimulus accomplished plenty:
Paid off union interests
Increased US debt to where raising taxes seemed reasonable.
Provided pork barrel spending for Democratic Congressmen.

Then, we all should be happy...

Forum List

Back