Obama tells Putin to go screw himself

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Obama has cancelled his scheduled one on one meeting with Putin

So much for ignoring international law

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2013/08/07/obama-cancels-meetings-with-putin/2627155/

President Obama is canceling plans to meet with Russian President Vladimir Putin in Moscow next month — a rare diplomatic snub.

The move is retribution for Russia's decision to grant temporary asylum to National Security Agency leaker Edward Snowden. It also reflects growing U.S. frustration with Russia on several other issues, including missile defense and human rights.

A top White House official says Obama still attends to plan the Group of 20 economic summit in St. Petersburg, Russia, but has no plans to meet with Putin there one-on-one.

Last edited:

I'm sure Vlad is all broken up about being spared the dubious pleasure of listening to our suited teleprompter ramble on about how he's being mistreated.

Vlad you're a big meanie and I'm not talking to you no more

Mixed feelings about this, but it was pretty clear that Putin was slapping (1) Obama or (2) the US at-large - in the face, by granting asylum like that.

Then again, we've done similar things in the past, ourselves.

I'm guessing that Obama felt trapped into making such a visible public gesture in reaction to the face-slap.

And, as much as it pains me to say it, he may have been right, in this narrow context.

Then again, if Obama had not been publicly making noises about 'serious consequences' over the past couple of months, ol' Vlad may not have felt compelled to call Obama's bluff.

I dunno.

I can't see into either of their heads, and I'm not sure I'd want to, even if I could.

There's more Pro than Con about trying to cultivate and strengthen a friendship between the US and Russia... and this is another missed opportunity for dialogue in that context... a damned shame.

Last edited:

Obabble would prefer Vlad screw himself...he is tired of being screwed BY Vlad

As Putin becomes more of a minor player on the global stage. Thumbing his nose at the US does little to improve his stature

Obabble would prefer Vlad screw himself...he is tired of being screwed BY Vlad

As Putin becomes more of a minor player on the global stage. Thumbing his nose at the US does little to improve his stature

I know, O continually thumbing his nose at the US does little to improve his credibility or his stature.

Jimmy Carter's ghost stalks Obama White House
660-Carter.AP.jpg

Vague terrorist threats shutting down nineteen of our embassies, Russian strongman Putin thumbing his nose at President Obama, Iran jerking our chain – the U.S. hasn’t looked this cowardly on the world stage since the Jimmy Carter administration.

Here at home, too, we’ve gone back to the Carter future; unemployment is high, Keynesian economics are all the rage, our professorial president is increasingly whiny and ineffectual; all that’s missing is a cardigan sweater and that infernal violin.

Our recent contre-temps with Russia is a throw-back to the weak-kneed Carter era. President Vladimir Putin has granted temporary asylum to NSA leaker and fugitive Edward Snowden, despite frantic efforts by the White House to take the traitor into custody.

Mr. Obama is said to be livid; after all, he has pursued a chummy relationship with Putin for years.

The similarities between Obama and Carter are not confined to foreign fiascos.

At one point his eagerness translated into a seeming breach of faith with his own country, when he was caught on tape promising Putin (via his former number two Dmitri Medvedev) even greater accommodation on missile defense once reelected. Apparently the numerous earlier rebuffs from the Russian bully – on Iran, on missile defense, on Syria etc. -- made no impression; Obama is ever hopeful.

Read more: Jimmy Carter's ghost stalks Obama White House | Fox News

Vlad bitch-slapped Obama in public. Our narcissist-in-chief can't handle that anymore than he can handle getting up on the porch with the big dogs. More proof he's an empty suit, faculty lounge Marxist in way too far over his head. Wonderful for America's reputation.

John Drew, who knew him at Occidental College, told Kengor that “Obama was already an ardent Marxist when I met him in the fall of 1980.”

Read more: http://dailycaller.com/2012/07/15/obamas-influential-communist-mentor/#ixzz2bI5ZItWQ

Last edited:
Vlad bitch-slapped Obama in public. Our narcissist-in-chief can't handle that anymore than he can handle getting up on the porch with the big dogs. More proof he's an empty suit, faculty lounge Marxist in way too far over his head. Wonderful for America's reputation.

Putin really stepped in shit over this one and doesn't know how to get out of it

Accepting Snowden has created a diplomatic nightmare for Putin with no graceful way to get out of it. He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in returning Snowden

Couldn't happen to a nicer guy

Silly gub'mint , if you really want to get Snowden back you don't send President Pom-Poms or Secretary Kept Man , you send Joe Pesci to go get 'em.

"You know who I pray to? Joe Pesci. Two reasons: First of all, I think he's a good actor, okay? To me, that counts. Second, he looks like a guy who can get things done. Joe Pesci doesn't fuck around. In fact, Joe Pesci came through on a couple of things that God was having trouble with." -- George Carlin

Putin really stepped in shit over this one and doesn't know how to get out of it

Accepting Snowden has created a diplomatic nightmare for Putin with no graceful way to get out of it. He is damned if he does, damned if he doesn't in returning Snowden

That's ridiculous... Putin new exactly what he was doing... it was actually Putin telling Obama to go screw himself.

that's a joke right?:lol: you made it funny:lol:

Last edited:

That's ridiculous... Putin new exactly what he was doing... it was actually Putin telling Obama to go screw himself.

Yes, and this way, one leader and one follower, each got themselves out of a wasteful meeting they wanted to avoid for one reason or another....

Forum List

Back