Obama the Omnipotent waves his magic fairy wand...

[

You don't know that. Why would a woman 65 years of age with a hysterectomy need obstetric coverage? Her plan not having that coverage doesn't make it inferior. It just makes the policy more affordable.

And government agencies only test prototypes of the car. It doesn't test YOUR car.

God, you are stupid.

If she has the coverage, she isn't paying anything for it, so I guess I just don't see the problem.

The thing is, a 65 year old woman who needed her uterus removed wouldn't be TOUCHED by a private insurance carrier on a bet.

Hence, why she has medicare...

I didn't say 'needed.' And you do pay for Medicare. It isn't free. I can see why you are such a loser and live in a slum. You are too stupid to work.

Where did I say she didn't pay for medicare...

I said that with those medical conditions, no private insurance company would touch her.

Do you have reading comprehension issues? Is this why you were restricted to changing bedpans?

Anyway, yes, she pays for medicare. We all do. Even those who don't live long enough to ever use it.

Wow- you mean that the only way we could take care of our old people is through "Socialized Medicine" because the private market, freedom based system wouldn't touch those old buggers?

[

Joe is full of shit. Insurance fraud is punishable by imprisonment. Some think it is groovy to doctor up the charts to 'help' the patient get his bill paid. And they are in prison now. There is no way I would EVER upcode a visit or alter a diagnosis. Not for ANY reason. If the person has a difficult time with the bill, we refer to places where they can get help. We don't set ourselves up for prison time. At least rational people don't.

In TN we used to get those people from Alabama who thought they were smart for getting a post office box across the line in TN, or using a relative's address so they could get Tenncare. But they were never smart enough to not tell that. The minute they told me, I discharged them to their local ALABAMA mental health center and notified Tenncare. If they want to go to prison, that's their business. I won't go with them. Joe, however, is one of the stupid ones. He belongs in prison.

Well, honestly, I read this, and am glad you are retired from the medical profession.

So you kind of admit that it's perfectly okay to deny people treatment if they aren't making you money, or might get you into trouble...

Again, universal health care, everyone's covered. Done.

[

They didn't write the Constitution either. You either are for the Law and the Rule of Law or not. A President doesn't have the right to arbitrarily change the law. Which is the point of the matter. He was given an out to delay the whole dang thing for a year, but refused. It would have been done the CORRECT WAY through the Congress with AUTHORIZATION of a new law allowing the change.

Delay the whole thing for a year until they get their heads out of their akdfdfd's. Millions are getting dropped as a result of the law. 5 Million and counting.

Great law huh..............

5 million who had insurance that was so bad, it was a joke.

Guy, the president has the right to implement the law as he sees fit. Hense, the "Executive" branch.

And, no, I don't get all mushy about "the constitution". Dead White Guys who thought bleeding was a great way to treat the syphilis they caught after raping their slaves aren't the go-to guys I consult in dealing with how to fix health care.

Your opinion of those insurance plans is irrelevant. The people who were paying for those plans did so because it was the plan that wanted and/or could afford.
People like joe don't get that.

Every one of them seem to be an expert on what is the best plan for everyone else. It is part of the false self esteem that is given to them as children. They are always right because mommy and their teachers all told them they were.

[

Your opinion of those insurance plans is irrelevant. The people who were paying for those plans did so because it was the plan that wanted and/or could afford.

Every one of them seem to be an expert on what is the best plan for everyone else. It is part of the false self esteem that is given to them as children. They are always right because mommy and their teachers all told them they were.

actually, my teachers were all insane ass nuns who couldn't deal with being lesbians, so the Church inflicted them on children.

Leaving me with an unabiding hatred for religion and religious stupidity... but I digress.

But here's the thing. Most people aren't competent to determine what is a good policy. That policy was written wtih ten pages of fine print by teams of lawyers to game the system in favor of the insurance company.

So no matter how smart you think you are, they are always going to have the advantage. When your only alternative is going broke paying lawyers when you are already going broke paying medical bills, you are kind of at a disadvantage.

And then there is THIS statistic...

Medical Bills Are the Biggest Cause of US Bankruptcies: Study

Bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills will affect nearly 2 million people this year—making health care the No. 1 cause of such filings, and outpacing bankruptcies due to credit-card bills or unpaid mortgages, according to new data. And even having health insurance doesn't buffer consumers against financial hardship.

Even outside of bankruptcy, about 56 million adults—more than 20 percent of the population between the ages of 19 and 64—will still struggle with health-care-related bills this year, according to NerdWallet Health.

And if you think only Americans without health insurance face financial troubles, think again. NerdWallet estimates nearly 10 million adults with year-round health-insurance coverage will still accumulate medical bills that they can't pay off this year.

Seriously, this is the system you defend and think is just great and we totally need to keep doing this?

Seriously?

Most people aren't competent to determine what is a good policy.

Yes Joe save them from themselves.

Thank God they are flocking to Obamacare for salvation.

It takes 8 years of legal education to become a contract law lawyer.

Point is, most people aren't capable of doing DIY law or DIY surgery. That's why we have experts.

And that's why we have regulation of those experts so they don't abuse the system.

But, hey, you know what, I like breathing clean air, eating safe food, drinking clean water, knowing that my doctor isn't a quack who got her degree from the University of On-Line Tests, and is board certified. And I like the fact that even though it was already in compliance, my insurance isn't going to cheat me if I get sick.

nevermind he does not have the authority to do this....

nevermind that businesses cannot just turn on a dime...

nevermind the state insurance commissioners....

and while he destroys our healthcare system he says....
“And that’s why I will not accept proposals that are just a brazen attempt to overturn the law and go back to a broken system.”

yep, but his sheep base ate it
Obama is a danger to us and is out to destroy our freedoms and country
He really should be impeached over all this...I can't stomach anything the man say's anymore

[

actually, my teachers were all insane ass nuns who couldn't deal with being lesbians, so the Church inflicted them on children.

Leaving me with an unabiding hatred for religion and religious stupidity... but I digress.

yet you lefties promote lesbian "marriages" where they raise children....:cuckoo:
and you reactively adopt stupid secularism where they promote hatred of religion....but i digress...

But here's the thing. Most people aren't competent to determine what is a good policy. That policy was written wtih ten pages of fine print by teams of lawyers to game the system in favor of the insurance company.

So no matter how smart you think you are, they are always going to have the advantage. When your only alternative is going broke paying lawyers when you are already going broke paying medical bills, you are kind of at a disadvantage.

maybe some simple laws that promote clarity for the average consumer would be a good thing...most people can figure out things if they don't have to wade through fifty pages of legalese.....if they can buy a car they can buy a health policy...

And then there is THIS statistic...

Medical Bills Are the Biggest Cause of US Bankruptcies: Study

Bankruptcies resulting from unpaid medical bills will affect nearly 2 million people this year—making health care the No. 1 cause of such filings, and outpacing bankruptcies due to credit-card bills or unpaid mortgages, according to new data. And even having health insurance doesn't buffer consumers against financial hardship.

Even outside of bankruptcy, about 56 million adults—more than 20 percent of the population between the ages of 19 and 64—will still struggle with health-care-related bills this year, according to NerdWallet Health.

And if you think only Americans without health insurance face financial troubles, think again. NerdWallet estimates nearly 10 million adults with year-round health-insurance coverage will still accumulate medical bills that they can't pay off this year.

Seriously, this is the system you defend and think is just great and we totally need to keep doing this?

Seriously?

the housing crash produced tons of bankruptcies too....government doesn't have a leg to stand on....

The problem is asking two different entities, government and corporations with two different goals to cooperate and bring health care to millions of Americans. The insurance company goals are simple, make money and the government to help people.
The flawed plan was asking corporations to try and understand that maybe helping sick with r illness is as good a goal as using illness to make money. Neither entity seems able to understand the other.

The problem is asking two different entities, government and corporations with two different goals to cooperate and bring health care to millions of Americans. The insurance company goals are simple, make money and the government to help people.
The flawed plan was asking corporations to try and understand that maybe helping sick with r illness is as good a goal as using illness to make money. Neither entity seems able to understand the other.

which is exactly why we need to bypass both government and insurance companies....or at least minimize their participation in a person's healthcare....

in a free market the provider and the patient deal with each other directly...

insurance companies do not make money off of sick people

which is exactly why we need to bypass both government and insurance companies....or at least minimize their participation in a person's healthcare....

in a free market the provider and the patient deal with each other directly...

or make the insurance companies directly pay the insured

not allowed to bypass the insured to the provider

nevermind he does not have the authority to do this....

nevermind that businesses cannot just turn on a dime...

nevermind the state insurance commissioners....

and while he destroys our healthcare system he says....
“And that’s why I will not accept proposals that are just a brazen attempt to overturn the law and go back to a broken system.”

yep, but his sheep base ate it
Obama is a danger to us and is out to destroy our freedoms and country
He really should be impeached over all this...I can't stomach anything the man say's anymore

Well, it's going to be a miserable three years for you, then.

Followed by an even more miserable 8 years when Hillary is president.

Forum List

Back