Obama throws Bush under the bus......accuses him of torture

Republicans are the party of torture after all

They actually celebrate it

Other than sociopaths (who exist in both parties) I don't think anyone "celebrates" it. But I can tell you quite honestly, that if someone kidnapped my little girl and I knew he knew where she was I would make him suffer till he told me where she was.

Anyone who says different in a similar situation is a flat out liar.

Me too, in spades. I would cut his fucking head off very slowly leaving his vocal cords til last... (sound familiar?) And that's why civilized citizenry agree to be ruled by Law and not by fiat, or the heat of the moment. See my new sig.

So that explains it eh. We tortured because we were looking for Bush's and Cheney's daughters. Is that the reason?

Tell that bullshit to those who have had their head removed by Muslims.

Doubt they would agree with your sorry ass since they don't follow the Geneva convention like normal countries do.

You do indeed reap what you sow.

So you advocate the US should lower itself and engate in retaliatory beheadings?

Why not?

Right now they know if captured they will be well treated. They will be served their own food and be allowed to pray as they wish. Hell. They even tell all their brothers how well they will be treated. Believe me they consider us weak and ineffective with out treatment of prisoners. We are to soft for out own well being.

We should " lower" ourselves to treating them just as they would treat us.

Thats a language they would understand no problem.

The days of us being "better" then our enemies should be long gone since our enemy doesn't recognize the Geneva convention and has no problem torturing and killing.

this is nothing but a dem attempt to deflect attention from their massive congression loss and obama's failed policies and low popularity.

thats all it is, nothing more.

The US needs to come clean on torture. Admit that it was post 9-11 craziness by the Bush administration and that we no longer will tolerate using those practices

Water Boarding got results and I'm dead right on that one.

Of course I don't consider water boarding torture so, you may be right. LOL

Obama: U.S. 'crossed a line,' tortured after 9/11 - CNN.com

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

About time our country stopped covering for the abuses of Bush/Cheney

Bush may have tortured a few, deserving terrorists but Obama has been torturing an entire nation of Americans (who pay his salary). That's far worse!

Why not?

Right now they know if captured they will be well treated. They will be served their own food and be allowed to pray as they wish. Hell. They even tell all their brothers how well they will be treated. Believe me they consider us weak and ineffective with out treatment of prisoners. We are to soft for out own well being.

We should " lower" ourselves to treating them just as they would treat us.

Thats a language they would understand no problem.

The days of us being "better" then our enemies should be long gone since our enemy doesn't recognize the Geneva convention and has no problem torturing and killing.
This clearly justifies the concerns of the Framers of the 4th, 5th, and 6th Amendments, that the greatest threat to our civil liberties comes not from outside our Nation but from within.

Water Boarding got results and I'm dead right on that one.

Of course I don't consider water boarding torture so, you may be right. LOL
Yours is an errant minority opinion that illustrates the contempt for the rule of law common to most on the right.

(CNN) -- President Barack Obama acknowledged Friday that the United States "crossed a line" and tortured al Qaeda detainees after the 9/11 terror attacks.
The comments at a White House news conference were the President's strongest on the controversial subject since he came into office denouncing what he described as the Bush years of torturing alleged terrorists, also known as "enhanced interrogation."
"When we engaged in some of these enhanced interrogation techniques, techniques that I believe and I think any fair-minded person would believe were torture, we crossed a line," Obama said. "And that needs to be ... understood and accepted. And we have to, as a country, take responsibility for that so that hopefully we don't do it again in the future."

No that would be the Senate Report. Which its opponents don't even argue is inaccurate. They argue that it should remain secret because the information could be used by our enemies for recruiting.

This old chestnut dusted off for the holidays.

No that would be the Senate Report. Which its opponents don't even argue is inaccurate. They argue that it should remain secret because the information could be used by our enemies for recruiting.

We're past that as of a few minutes ago.

I find it funny how the president and the dems who all say they want to look to the future can't seem to stop dwelling on the past

Forum List

Back