Obama wants to raise the minimum wage when we're on the verge of a second recession?

No. it would be more poor out of work living off the government. Which I think is the point.

??????????????????

How would raising the minimum wage be giving money to the "out of work"??? They gotta be....at work...to get minimum wage. And unless they are working for the govt, that minimum wage isn't coming from the govt.

Because raising the minimum wage increases the cost of labor. Increasing the cost of labor means there will be less people hired. Less people hired means more people will be out of work and looking to the government for support.

It's called common sense.

It read like you were suggesting the raised min wage would be welfare to that person recieving it.

Like I said...in the early 90's, min wage was 4.25 when I bagged groceries in college. Now, it's 7.25. Since then, we had the mid 90's and mid 00's economic windfalls.

You'll be fine.

OP- Ain't it great, the optimism of Pub dupes... A great help to the country- just as bad as the mindless Pub obstruction...

Anyway, it's an after the recovery thing, when the Pubs lose the house in 2014...

So business owners are either going to stop hiring or start hiring illegal workers, because they don't want to pay Americans over $7.25 an hour? We should all look up to these patriotic "job creators".

:up_yours:

Employers don't create jobs because they're patriotic, you stupid dumb fuck.

The minimum wage in the early 90's was $4.25, when I bagged groceries. It is now $7.25. In between, we had 2 huge economic growth periods (dot com boom, housing boom).

You all will be fine. Cost of living goes up. So does labor.....unless you want to operate like China ya fuckin commies.

No...but see...its good when a rich person has extra money to spend. But put that extra money into the hands of several poorer people to spend and..well, thats bad. See....rich money goes into the US economy. Poor people money goes into the economy of the Planet Nibiru orbitting out in deep space somewhere. See how that works now?

Im not rich you dumbfuck. And this would take money out of my pocket.

Cost of living has gone up. PRICES have gone up. Everything has gone up, including labor.

Guess what...China and North Korea dont have minimum wage. Are you a commie?

You're too fucking stupid to be on here.

Yes EVERYTHING has gone up. EVERYTHING it takes to run my business has gone up in cost. I havent spread that cost through lower wages to my employees. I absorbe it and raise prices of what I can and still remain competitive.

Now morons like you want to hit me again witb a 2 dollar an hour increase in the cost of doing business.

Raise my gas
Raise my shipping
Raise my cost of materials
Lower my tax deductions
And increase my labor

FUCK YOU

So business owners are either going to stop hiring or start hiring illegal workers, because they don't want to pay Americans over $7.25 an hour? We should all look up to these patriotic "job creators".

Look no further than any business that cares about their bottom line.

In other words every business thats run by a sane person.

You are right. The truth is that every sane person's bottom line when looking for a job is how much it is going to pay. So, on the flip side you are asking workers getting paid $7.25 an hour to feel bad for business owners because they aren't making as much profit as they otherwise could have? And you are going to win over American workers by threatening to hire illegal immigrants as opposed to paying a livable wage?

When I bagged groceries, the min wage was $4.25. Now it is over 7. And the nation has gotten richer since then, despite that minimum wage almost doubling. You'll be fine.

Obviously, the nation has not gotten richer, since many more people are on food stamps and other forms of government assistance.

It is also a fact that rising prices hurt those at the bottom the hardest.

Correct. They only speak of how advantageous certain policies are for America when it fits into their agenda.

It read like you were suggesting the raised min wage would be welfare to that person recieving it.

Like I said...in the early 90's, min wage was 4.25 when I bagged groceries in college. Now, it's 7.25. Since then, we had the mid 90's and mid 00's economic windfalls.

You'll be fine.

Im not worried about myself. Im worried about the people who will be out of work because of this stupid policy and the increase in prices it's going to create.

Last edited:

You are right. The truth is that every sane person's bottom line when looking for a job is how much it is going to pay. So, on the flip side you are asking workers getting paid $7.25 an hour to feel bad for business owners because they aren't making as much profit as they otherwise could have? And you are going to win over American workers by threatening to hire illegal immigrants as opposed to paying a livable wage?

I never asked anyone to feel sorry for me or my business. Just dont punish me because some other dumbfucks were to stupid to get the basic education I got and then put it to use.

And for the record I have NEVER paid anyone minimum wage. But thats not the point. I hire those who are skilled and apply themselves. When I need some stupid flunky who wasnt smart enough to apply himself I go through temp agencies.

If you want a liveable wage EARN IT

Rising wages does not reduce their profit, Dumbass, it raises the prices of the products and/or services they sell. All consumers pay more for what they buy, and the increased prices means those making minimum wage are no better off than they were before the increase in the wage. There is no free lunch.

• Thanks
Reactions: Vel
Im not rich you dumbfuck. And this would take money out of my pocket.

Cost of living has gone up. PRICES have gone up. Everything has gone up, including labor.

Yes EVERYTHING has gone up. EVERYTHING it takes to run my business has gone up in cost. I havent spread that cost through lower wages to my employees. I absorbe it and raise prices of what I can and still remain competitive.

Now morons like you want to hit me again witb a 2 dollar an hour increase in the cost of doing business.

Raise my gas
Raise my shipping
Lower my tax deductions
And increase my labor

FUCK YOU

Cry me a river. Every single person who works in this country has been told "Do more with less" by their boss/employer. Well, back at ya.

You don't seem to comprehend that if the costs of labor are artificially increased, that business owners have no choice but to look for alternative cheaper labor, whether through illegal immigration or outsourcing to foreign nations, or cutting jobs/shutting down their business.

This isn't something people want to do. It's the cost of overburdening people with government.

I would love to start a new business right now and hire people to help me out. I can't because the government laws and regulations make it impossible to at this point in time.

You seem to think that just because the nation has prospered it will always do so no matter how much you burden the people. It's just not possible. Your policies will do nothing but create an underclass of people and drive good jobs to other countries that don't have to put up with your bullcrap.

I never asked anyone to feel sorry for me or my business. Just dont punish me because some other dumbfucks were to stupid to get the basic education I got and then put it to use.

And for the record I have NEVER paid anyone minimum wage. But thats not the point. I hire those who are skilled and apply themselves. When I need some stupid flunky who wasnt smart enough to apply himself I go through temp agencies.

If you want a liveable wage EARN IT

If you dont pay anyone minimum wage, then how does raising minimum wage affect you? It shouldnt be an issue, should it? You may not pay minimum wage now, but soon you will hahahaha!

Raise my gas
Raise my shipping
Lower my tax deductions
And increase my labor

FUCK YOU

Cry me a river. Every single person who works in this country has been told "Do more with less" by their boss/employer. Well, back at ya.

Provide examples of fuck of fraud.

Who has received less wages for the same work? The minimum wage says you're full of shit.

Correct. They only speak of how advantageous certain policies are for America when it fits into their agenda.

You mean when they find a way to serve others and make a living doing so efficiently? Yeah, such evil people.

I say again, for the 4th time: I made $4.25 an hour bagging groceries when I first got into college. Now, it is $7.25 min wage.

In between those two eras, we had huge economic booms in the mid 90's and mid 00's.

We'll be fine.

If you dont pay anyone minimum wage, then how does raising minimum wage affect you? It shouldnt be an issue, should it? You may not pay minimum wage now, but soon you will hahahaha!

Because it artificially jacks up the cost of labor across the board, genius.

Forum List

Back