🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama wants to talk to Americans to get them up to speed on ISIS.

Obama can talk to us about the Islamic Slime all he wants.

Just as soon as somebody talks to Obama, and schools him, first.

After that, he can start working on a strategy.

Although the Chicago Public Schools may need to send an ROTC non-com to the White House to act as a mentor for that pesky military stuff.

Shouldn't you be in Syria digging up the Wmds?
Awwwwwwwww... I don't think you liked my assessment of Obumble's next steps.
tongue_smile.gif

Another gramps fail thread.

ISIR is correct.

The rest is just garbage.

Carry on.
===========
ISIR ? you fucking liberidiots keep changing accronymns why is that ?

everything that spews from that hero of yours cocksuckering mouth is garbage, filth and bullshit :up:

:fu: .....---------------------.............. :asshole:

You would think Republicans would stay away from foreign policy after all their debacles, fiascoes and disasters under Bush. No one in the world thrusts them.

:lmao:

Obama has topped Bush baby. By a wide margin.

Afghanistan is balancing and Iraq was holding till ISIS invaded from Syria.

Obama almost managed to wreck Egypt by getting rid of Mubarak and giving them the Muslim Brotherhood, completely fucked up Libya and has brought the world ISIS because he was so intent on getting rid of Assad he turned a blind eye to them becoming the most wealthy and powerful terrorist army on the planet.

Oh and there's that little issue of so many losing their heads in Iraq because Obama refused to help Maliki because he didn't like him.

And how about that civil war in Ukraine that started because he backed the coup with muscle provided by Svoboda and Right Sector that overthrew a duly elected President and his party?

I don't know what world you live in rdean but it has no basis in reality.

Last edited:

Far more useful than an Obama meet the press interview, thank you. I found his interview riddled with half truths, politics and well, his typical smarminess.

Wouldn't it be most appropriate to refer to them as the Islamic State (IS)?

I sense the terms are coined by somebodies intelligence establishment. It probably sounds better and has a more religious and historic meaning in it's original language. Kingdom, Caliphate, whatever they are fighting for. I don't think religious fighters that are looking for a Theocratic Kingdom are going to play these silly games. Seems like this is a marketing thing. . . as we can see from the way the different meanings are perceived by people of different thinking in this tread.

If you found that geopolitical analysis of the the Islamic State informative, you may like the article where this great explanation about the name of the "Islamic State." :badgrin: (And why I think it's just a creation of spooks somewhere. CIA, M16, the Mossad, Saudi Intelligence, who knows?)

The Islamic State: Who Is ISIS? An Open Source Investigation
The Islamic State Who Is ISIS An Open Source Investigation Global Research

The Islamic State is a caliphate established by a jihadist Islamic group in June 2014. Their expressed goal is to establish Salafist government over the Levant region of Syria, Lebanon, Israel, Jordan, Cyprus and Southern Turkey. The group’s leader, Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi, has been declared caliph and “leader for Muslims everywhere.”

The Islamic State has gone through numerous name changes since its founding in Iraq in 1999. originally known as Jamāʻat al-Tawḥīd wa-al-Jihād (JTJ), (“The Organization of Monotheism and Jihad”), it changed to Tanẓīm Qāʻidat al-Jihād fī Bilād al-Rāfidayn (“The Organization of Jihad’s Base in the Country of the Two Rivers”) in 2004 after the group swore allegiance to Osama Bin Laden. During this period it was popularly known as Al Qaeda in Iraq (AQI). In 2006 it became the Islamic State of Iraq (ISI), but changed again in 2013 after expanding into Syria. At that point it became Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIL) or Islamic State of Iraq and al-Sham (ISIS). Its latest moniker, the “Islamic State,” came about after the proclamation of a new caliphate on June 29, 2014.

Of course, last reports were, the updated and preferred name for street cred. would be Khalid Islamic Levant Land. (KILL) :ack-1:

No I created a thread about his speaking down to everyone as if we're all idiots and uninformed otherwise. Obama doesn't need our approval, rather just the desire to actually lead. Less than a week ago Obama had no plan and only intended to "manage" the threat.

Either way if you couldn't figure out the threads intent from the very first post I'm not gonna waste anymore time with you. Most people seemed to have grasped the concept of the thread minus one or two slow ones.

If you followed your own advice, you would know that Obama lies about everything. His whole life in front of camaras is a reality show, scripted. So why watch and why analyze something that isn't real to begin with?

Chances are he has spooks embedded with the Islamic State, with the Turks, with the Kurds, the Iraqis, the Jordanians, etc. etc. The machine is in motion man. They are funding and playing both sides of the conflict, seeing which people in which camp they will get the best cooperation with, hoping the whole thing doesn't blow up in their face before folks like YOU wake up. :bang3:

Obama can talk to us about the Islamic Slime all he wants.

Just as soon as somebody talks to Obama, and schools him, first.

After that, he can start working on a strategy.

Although the Chicago Public Schools may need to send an ROTC non-com to the White House to act as a mentor for that pesky military stuff.

He is working one. He said it should be in place in three years and completed in ten.......wait a minute!

No I created a thread about his speaking down to everyone as if we're all idiots and uninformed otherwise. Obama doesn't need our approval, rather just the desire to actually lead. Less than a week ago Obama had no plan and only intended to "manage" the threat.

Either way if you couldn't figure out the threads intent from the very first post I'm not gonna waste anymore time with you. Most people seemed to have grasped the concept of the thread minus one or two slow ones.

You are a moron if you think he actually had no strategy. Also, I don't see how him addressing the nation is speaking down to everyone. If we are taking military action - which has has said we will do - it's his job to address the nation and make sure everyone is on the same page. He would be in-the-wrong if he didn't address the nation.

I don't even like Obama, but give me a break. There is no need to be so dense and reactionary.
Since he said he didnt have a strategy why would someone be a moron to believe him on this? So what is his strategy, other than blaming the Tea Party?

I think it's the other way around. Most of us knew the threat ISIS presented MONTHS AGO. But Obama is gonna "inform us" lol

Most of you know what you heard on Fox News.

Which makes you less knowledgeable on most current events than a child.

You are a moron if you think he actually had no strategy. Also, I don't see how him addressing the nation is speaking down to everyone. If we are taking military action - which has has said we will do - it's his job to address the nation and make sure everyone is on the same page. He would be in-the-wrong if he didn't address the nation.

I don't even like Obama, but give me a break. There is no need to be so dense and reactionary.
Since he said he didnt have a strategy why would someone be a moron to believe him on this? So what is his strategy, other than blaming the Tea Party?

We obviously keep tabs on the region, as so much of our money and efforts are intertwined with the social, political, and economic issues that happen there. The US knows what is going on. Chances are, he had multiple strategies, but was in the process of negotiating with our allies to also provide support because us going into the region alone is going to be a more politically unpopular action than us going into the region alongside a handful of other developed countries to fight this entity we will all label a threat. It's not like 9/11 where our allies would openly pledge support without much too it. Him saying "I have no strategy" is most likely code for "I am not ready to talk about our strategy at this time because it might not work out."

Also, let's be real, it isn't Obama's job to come up with a strategy, that is why he has top generals and other advisors. Just like any other president. To willingly believe the administration (which is the unit we should be discussing here) doesn't have IS on their radar is willful ignorance, most likely accepted by some reactionary conservative looking for any reason to get online and spew a load of BS about how Obama is wrong again.

Like I said before, I don't like Obama for a long list of reasons. That said, let's all be rational about it. He had a strategy, the administration probably had multiple strategies they were working through and weighing out, and that is ok. I would rather have that than a president that chooses invasion everytime it perceives a threat to its social and economic well-being.

We obviously keep tabs on the region, as so much of our money and efforts are intertwined with the social, political, and economic issues that happen there. The US knows what is going on. Chances are, he had multiple strategies, but was in the process of negotiating with our allies to also provide support because us going into the region alone is going to be a more politically unpopular action than us going into the region alongside a handful of other developed countries to fight this entity we will all label a threat. It's not like 9/11 where our allies would openly pledge support without much too it. Him saying "I have no strategy" is most likely code for "I am not ready to talk about our strategy at this time because it might not work out."

Also, let's be real, it isn't Obama's job to come up with a strategy, that is why he has top generals and other advisors. Just like any other president. To willingly believe the administration (which is the unit we should be discussing here) doesn't have IS on their radar is willful ignorance, most likely accepted by some reactionary conservative looking for any reason to get online and spew a load of BS about how Obama is wrong again.

Like I said before, I don't like Obama for a long list of reasons. That said, let's all be rational about it. He had a strategy, the administration probably had multiple strategies they were working through and weighing out, and that is ok. I would rather have that than a president that chooses invasion everytime it perceives a threat to its social and economic well-being.
You shift back and forth between "us" and "Obama" like its the same thing.
I dont doubt the CIA and others had ISIS on their radar. I dont doubt Obama was given briefings on it. I do doubt that he actually read them, or paid attention to them, or did anything other than hope it would go away.
It is Obama's job to come up with strategy, relying on the experts on government. Of course when his experts come up with foreign policy goals like "Dont do stupid shit" what do you expect?
He had no strategy. He said he didnt. Why would you think he had one when he said he didnt? What is your evidence?

Libya....Our conversation is over....

I forget....

Was that before or after our embassy was burned and ambassador murdered?
irrelevant

It will be more relevant in 2016
Yes, I believe that will prove to be the case, to HildeBeast's great discomfort.

Why?

Especially if Romney is her opponent.

For the first time in history, a Presidential candidate blamed his opponent for a foreign attack on the United States. What Romney did was unprecedented, despicable and disgusting. Several republicans (Like McCain) were even disgusted until FOX gave them the meme.

Forum List

Back