🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama wants to talk to Americans to get them up to speed on ISIS.

Texas Sen. Ted Cruz said Saturday that President Barack Obama must seek Congressional authorization for U.S. strikes on the Islamic State of Iraq and Syria (ISIS) if they continue.

Far from equivical, Senator Montreal says "MUST".
Link?
It doesnt matter. Because by "must" he does not mean in any legal sense, only in a policy sense.

"In a policy sense"; the most absurd yet. Incorrect, the President needs Congress to act for further military options to be considered; McConnell, Cruz, et. al. are going to "STONEWALL"* it. Boehner will finish a case of bourbon before he realizes Congress is in session.

*Look it up.
No he absolutely does not need Congressional action.
Any mroe than he needed Congressional action in Libya. Which he did not seek. Why not btw?

Nelson has been working for weeks, and the stonewalling continues:

Nelson’s bill would give President Obama congressional approval to order airstrikes against ISIS in both Iraq and Syria, but limits that authority to three years. The measure bars the president from sending ground troops to battle the militant group.
Nelson though expressed doubts that his colleagues would take up the measure before they adjourned again.

“We’re going to get a vote sooner or later, I just don’t know if it’s going to be in the next week and a half,” he said. “But sooner or later there will be a vote.”

It's true. But all it is going to take is an IS attack on US or EU soil to have him change his stance on that.

Bout ready to put peach on ignore. I've asked you multiple times to create your own thread to bitch about congress.

This thread is NOT about congress.

Bout ready to put peach on ignore. I've asked you multiple times to create your own thread to bitch about congress.

What IS this thread about then? If you want to talk about Obama, you need to understand his actions as being embedded within a broader political context, which discussions about congress contribute to.

Obama to detail new plans to hunt down ISIS in speech - CBS News

"Over the course of months, we are going to be able to not just blunt the momentum of (ISIS)," the president said in an interview on NBC's "Meet the Press. "We are going to systematically degrade their capabilities. We're going to shrink the territory that they control. And ultimately we're going to defeat them."

"We will hunt down [ISIS] members and assets wherever they are," Mr. Obama added. "I will reserve the right to always protect the American people and go after folks who are trying to hurt us wherever they are."

But that plan will not include putting U.S. troops on the ground in Syria, the president promised, saying that would be a "profound mistake."

Obama will have the stage on Wednesday, whatever actions need to be taken should be allocated by Congress from receipts and not blank checks the Republicans used for their phony Iraq war they have yet to end after 12 years with still no end in sight.
The Iraq War ended in 2007. WHere have you been?

US President George W. Bush, on May 1, 2003; Mission Accomplished

vstory.bush.banner.afp.jpg

no that was the Republican Depression just starting in 2007, giving the Islamist enough time to nearly takeover the entirety of both Iraq and Syria at the same time to the present date.

The Rabbi: the Iraq War ended in 2007. WHere have you been?

American involvement in the that war was over - not the war itself started by the Republican invasion of a sovereign nation.

Obama had no choice after the Iraqi prime minister Maliki refused to sign the mutual defense agreement preventing US troops from remaining stationed in that country, who was the hand picked successor supported by the republican Administration, so blame Bush.

What IS this thread about then? If you want to talk about Obama, you need to understand his actions as being embedded within a broader political context, which discussions about congress contribute to.
Yes, and congress can not survive without water so this thread is also now about water.

Diversions are diversions

Yes, and congress can not survive without water so this thread is also now about water.

You didn't answer my question so I'll rephrase: What is the mention of congress - as it relates to how it affects Obama's inevitable respond to IS - a diversion from?

Obama had no choice after the Iraqi prime minister Maliki refused to sign the mutual defense agreement preventing US troops from remaining stationed in that country, who was the hand picked successor supported by the republican Administration, so blame Bush.
Yep, always someone else's fault.
Now that Obama is going to invade Iraq again, what do you say? Do you support the illegal invasion of Iraq?

You didn't answer my question so I'll rephrase: What is the mention of congress - as it relates to how it affects Obama's inevitable respond to IS - a diversion from?

This thread is about Obama's appearance on Meet the Press and his bumbling assertion that he is going to "inform" Americans.

It literally has nothing to do with congress.

This thread is about Obama's appearance on Meet the Press and his bumbling assertion that he is going to "inform" Americans.

So you created a thread to criticize him for setting aside time to address the nation about the military actions we will be carrying out in the coming weeks?

So you created a thread to criticize him for setting aside time to address the nation about the military actions we will be carrying out in the coming weeks?
No I created a thread about his speaking down to everyone as if we're all idiots and uninformed otherwise. Obama doesn't need our approval, rather just the desire to actually lead. Less than a week ago Obama had no plan and only intended to "manage" the threat.

Either way if you couldn't figure out the threads intent from the very first post I'm not gonna waste anymore time with you. Most people seemed to have grasped the concept of the thread minus one or two slow ones.

You would think Republicans would stay away from foreign policy after all their debacles, fiascoes and disasters under Bush. No one in the world thrusts them.

No I created a thread about his speaking down to everyone as if we're all idiots and uninformed otherwise. Obama doesn't need our approval, rather just the desire to actually lead. Less than a week ago Obama had no plan and only intended to "manage" the threat.

Either way if you couldn't figure out the threads intent from the very first post I'm not gonna waste anymore time with you. Most people seemed to have grasped the concept of the thread minus one or two slow ones.

You are a moron if you think he actually had no strategy. Also, I don't see how him addressing the nation is speaking down to everyone. If we are taking military action - which has has said we will do - it's his job to address the nation and make sure everyone is on the same page. He would be in-the-wrong if he didn't address the nation.

I don't even like Obama, but give me a break. There is no need to be so dense and reactionary.

Omfg. The thread was about his tone & language in the interview not his upcoming speech. God damn you are dense

Forum List

Back