Obama = Worse President Ever

table-%283%29.png

Measuring Obama against the great presidents

Not FDR, not Monkey-boy Bush. Par for the course these days.

"First, President Obama ranks 18th overall, but beneath the surface of the aggregate figures lurks evidence of significant ambivalence. For example, those who view Obama as one of the worst American presidents outnumber those who view him as one of the best by nearly a 3-1 margin. Similarly, nearly twice as many respondents view Obama as over-rated than do those who consider him under-rated. One area where there is significant expert consensus about the president, however, concerns how polarizing he is viewed as being - only George W. Bush was viewed as more a more polarizing president.

Next, Obama does not perform well on more specific dimensions of presidential greatness, often viewed as average or worse. For example, he is the midpoint in terms of both personal integrity and military skill (e.g., 10th of 19 in both categories), but falls to 11th when it comes to diplomatic skill and 13th with respect to legislative skill. Even so, when asked which president should be added as the fifth face of Mt Rushmore, Obama ties with James Madison as the 7th most popular choice.

What can we take away from this? First, it is easy to infer that scholars and the public alike expected greatness from Obama early on and awarded it to him prematurely. Compare, after all, the fact that Obama’s first ranking in a major greatness poll was at #15; one must go back a half-century to Lyndon Johnson to find a president who entered the rankings at a higher number (#10), and LBJ was a well-known figure on the national stage who entered office after the national tragedy of his predecessor’s assassination. Second, scholars seem to hold Barack Obama in high regard personally, but view his skills and performance as mediocre to poor. Few think of Obama as an excellent president, while many more rate his presidency quite low, with the bulk of experts appearing to give him a passing grade but not one that would get him on the Dean’s list."

Still true to this very day:

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

NEWS IN BRIEF November 4, 2008
Vol 44 Issue 45 Politics · War For The White House · Barack Obama

WASHINGTON—African-American man Barack Obama, 47, was given the least-desirable job in the entire country Tuesday when he was elected president of the United States of America. In his new high-stress, low-reward position, Obama will be charged with such tasks as completely overhauling the nation's broken-down economy, repairing the crumbling infrastructure, and generally having to please more than 300 million Americans and cater to their every whim on a daily basis. As part of his duties, the black man will have to spend four to eight years cleaning up the messes other people left behind. The job comes with such intense scrutiny and so certain a guarantee of failure that only one other person even bothered applying for it. Said scholar and activist Mark L. Denton, "It just goes to show you that, in this country, a black man still can't catch a break."

Black Man Given Nation's Worst Job

Historians agree overwhelmingly that President Obama is the worse President in history:

Most Presidential Experts Agree: Obama is Worst President In History | Wizbang

Didn't read your own link, didja.

To be fair, the headline of the OP/ED is a lie. Being a gullible RW, you jumped on that juicy headline and didn't bother to question it.

"In the past I have been fond of saying that it is hard to assess a president’s legacy until he has been out of office for at least ten years."

I assessed Obama's presidency in 2008, and I was right.

Historians agree overwhelmingly that President Obama is the worse President in history:

Didn't read your own link, didja.

To be fair, the headline of the OP/ED is a lie. Being a gullible RW, you jumped on that juicy headline and didn't bother to question it.

"In the past I have been fond of saying that it is hard to assess a president’s legacy until he has been out of office for at least ten years."

I assessed Obama's presidency in 2008, and I was right.

Like the OP, you just blindly believed the headline. Use your brain.

Clearly they don't.

There aren't any real stats there, however what he says seems to paint a picture of them not thinking Obama's the greatest, which according to this guy, it means he's clearly the worst. I don't get that "logic", do you?
According to this he's the worst out of the top 18, on a list of 43...

Forum List

Back