Obamacare application 15 pages, 3 agencies involved!

tap4154

VIP Member
Dec 8, 2012
Surf City USA
WASHINGTON (AP) — Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.

The government's draft application is now on the Internet.

It runs 15 pages for a three-person family. The online version has 21 steps, some with added questions.

At least three major federal agencies, including the IRS, will scrutinize your application.

That's just the first part of the process, which lets you know if you qualify for financial help.

You'd still have to pick a health plan.

Some fear that consumers will be overwhelmed and give up. Administration officials say the application form is being refined.

Still, the idea that picking a health insurance plan could be as simple as shopping on the Internet is starting to look like wishful thinking.

AP Exclusive: Applying for health care not easy - Yahoo! News

What a MESS!

Not really, MANY Insurance applications are much longer.

That one is in addition to this one.

Not to mention that as your income fluctuates, folks will have to get adjusted subsidies, even may go off and onto Medicaid from year to year as they go above or below they the cutoff income level.

This is a nightmare of bureaucracy in which MUCH more money will go to administering it, than actual care.

I have to imagine the cost estimates are WAY off, and will be double or more by the time it all kicks in.

Thanks Tap.

If enough social media outlets get the word out, it will put pressure on the bureaucrats to fix it.

I plan to post this on my Facebook site.

I am not defending the ACA, it will be the worst thing ever foisted on the American people by their irresponsible government.

But seriously 15 pages isn't out of line.

Thanks Tap.

If enough social media outlets get the word out, it will put pressure on the bureaucrats to fix it.

Ryan's idea is best, just repeal it.

Of course, the 15 page app will probably be like many social programs where it's barely even scrutinized, allowing fraud. The potential for fraud in the ACA is HUGE, and not just from the patient's side...

At least three major federal agencies, including the IRS, will scrutinize your application.
Of course, the 15 page app will probably be like many social programs where it's barely even scrutinized, allowing fraud.

Ok then.

Anyway, looks pretty simple.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=uUUiEpHKlME#at=906]A Family of Three Using the Online Single Streamlined Application - YouTube[/ame]

Thanks Tap.

Ryan's idea is best, just repeal it.

Of course, the 15 page app will probably be like many social programs where it's barely even scrutinized, allowing fraud. The potential for fraud in the ACA is HUGE, and not just from the patient's side...

Yea good luck repeal it 33 bills but by the baggers and all shot down in flames, even some rebub gov's like Scott is now for it. ! :eusa_whistle::eusa_whistle:

Actually the application to determine if you're eligible for the subsidy is SIXTY ONE pages.

No, it isn't. Surely you made it as far as Page 1.

This document represents a full draft of questions and systems logic that CMS is developing for the online application. This document (the “questionnaire”) represents each possible item that may need to be asked for successful eligibility determinations. The questionnaire accounts for many different application scenarios: applicants may be applying for insurance affordability programs (e.g. Advanced Payment of the Premium Tax Credit, Medicaid, or CHIP) or just for eligibility to purchase a qualified health plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace.

The questionnaire contains all potential items that can be displayed on the online application. Items will be displayed depending on applicants’ household and income situations, so applicants won’t be required to complete this entire list of items. Most applicants will need to complete less than one-third of these items.

The online application is a dynamic process that’s tailored based on the application filer’s responses to questions and the electronic verification of data available during the application process. You can follow conditional logic through the italicized directions in the questionnaire—these wouldn’t appear on the screen.

Too much scrutiny! Not enough scrutiny!

Actually the application to determine if you're eligible for the subsidy is SIXTY ONE pages.

No, it isn't. Surely you made it as far as Page 1.

This document represents a full draft of questions and systems logic that CMS is developing for the online application. This document (the “questionnaire”) represents each possible item that may need to be asked for successful eligibility determinations. The questionnaire accounts for many different application scenarios: applicants may be applying for insurance affordability programs (e.g. Advanced Payment of the Premium Tax Credit, Medicaid, or CHIP) or just for eligibility to purchase a qualified health plan in the Health Insurance Marketplace.

The questionnaire contains all potential items that can be displayed on the online application. Items will be displayed depending on applicants’ household and income situations, so applicants won’t be required to complete this entire list of items. Most applicants will need to complete less than one-third of these items.

The online application is a dynamic process that’s tailored based on the application filer’s responses to questions and the electronic verification of data available during the application process. You can follow conditional logic through the italicized directions in the questionnaire—these wouldn’t appear on the screen.

Too much scrutiny! Not enough scrutiny!

No, in fact there was far to LITTLE scrutiny before this mess of a law was jammed down America's throat with LIES, LIES, and MORE LIES and legislative tricks.

"Well.... ah..... we just have to pass it so we can know what's in it"

--La La Pelosi.

BTW, who wants to list all this private info on an online application??????

This law HAS to go.

Last edited:
Just wait for all them starry eyed youths who voted for Obama get hit with this.

In a way it serves them right to become slave for Obama and the Federal Government

I am not defending the ACA, it will be the worst thing ever foisted on the American people by their irresponsible government.

???? I have never filled out a medical insurance application with 15 pages. The most was maybe four and I'm not sure if it was that many.

WASHINGTON (AP) — Applying for benefits under President Barack Obama's health care overhaul could be as daunting as doing your taxes.

It runs 15 pages for a three-person family. The online version has 21 steps, some with added questions.

That's just the first part of the process, which lets you know if you qualify for financial help.

Some fear that consumers will be overwhelmed and give up. Administration officials say the application form is being refined.

Still, the idea that picking a health insurance plan could be as simple as shopping on the Internet is starting to look like wishful thinking.

What a MESS!
Anything beyond signing an X for your name strains the abilities of the Right!!!

What a MESS!

that is real nice to see

so early in the morning

thanks

--LOL

What a MESS!
Anything beyond signing an X for your name strains the abilities of the Right!!!

Anything that involves relying on government, giving up personal freedom, giving up private information, makes the liberal heart glow.

What a MESS!

Anything beyond being a mindless subject of the STATE strains the non-abilities of the Julia Left, which freely surrenders it's freedom, privacy, and self-determination for the promise of yet another gov't freebie.

NBI4962.jpg

???? I have never filled out a medical insurance application with 15 pages. The most was maybe four and I'm not sure if it was that many.

Yep, the private HC insurance applications I've filled out have been around 3 pages, and more than adequate.

PLUS they weren't distributed to the IRS and two other federal agencies!

This is like just handing ALL of your personal, financial, and health information to BHO -- basically a complete surrender! May as well grease our asses and bend over while we're at it.

I plan to not comply with ANY of these intrusive forms, just pay for my own insurance and not report anything, or just drop it entirely and plead "pre-existing" if I get sick.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back