Obamacare crashes and melts...

thereisnospoon

Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
mid south
Reports in over 30 states from customers trying to get on various websites to access Obamacare have found the task impossible.
ObamaCare ?glitch? watch: States report delays, hiccups on exchange sites | Fox News
Surge in interest, glitches mark first day of exchanges
Obamacare Websites Crash on Day 1, plus 5 More Things You'll Want to Know Today - DailyFinance
THREE YEARS...For three years, the federal government has had to prepare for this.
Billions of dollars in cost to build and test the system. And it doesn't work.
Three years...
Lots of people on the government payroll to make sure things work correctly.
What the hell are these people doing with all of OUR money.
Every single person who has had their hands on this AND their bosses should work without pay until the job is done. And done correctly.
If they refuse. FIRE Them!

I heard about this on the way home and thought, 'There will be five threads on this being the end of Obamacare'. So, I am a bit disappointed that I have seen only one so far; but, the night is still young.

obama gave the entire country 60 days to sign up or face IRS enforcement and fines. What could go wrong with that?

obama gave the entire country 60 days to sign up or face IRS enforcement and fines. What could go wrong with that?

Little. The 40 million+ people without healthcare can finally now see a doctor. They are trilled by the blessing brought by Obama.

This proves that the people are obviously against this law. I mean, I always rush to sign up for things I hate too.

Reports in over 30 states from customers trying to get on various websites to access Obamacare have found the task impossible.
ObamaCare ?glitch? watch: States report delays, hiccups on exchange sites | Fox News
Surge in interest, glitches mark first day of exchanges
Obamacare Websites Crash on Day 1, plus 5 More Things You'll Want to Know Today - DailyFinance
THREE YEARS...For three years, the federal government has had to prepare for this.
Billions of dollars in cost to build and test the system. And it doesn't work.
Three years...
Lots of people on the government payroll to make sure things work correctly.
What the hell are these people doing with all of OUR money.
Every single person who has had their hands on this AND their bosses should work without pay until the job is done. And done correctly.
If they refuse. FIRE Them!

I fully expected the website to be overwhelmed and lock up/crash. Millions of people logged on this morning. Millions.

And I would venture as we speak that the programmers are working furiously to free up more hard disk space and bandwidth so that even assholes like you can log on and check out the possibilities.

I love the you literally have your own "facts". Why did you randomly choose 60 days? Why not 29 days? Why not 12 hours and 13 minutes? They are all equally incorrect.

Oh NO!! Are you saying that something that came out today isn't perfect?

I'm a big supporter of Obamacare, but I have to admit this is embarrassing. I've been trying to get on all day to see what plans are available in Ohio, and while I was finally able to sign up for an account, when I try to log in, it says that my information is invalid.

I'm a big supporter of Obamacare, but I have to admit this is embarrassing. I've been trying to get on all day to see what plans are available in Ohio, and while I was finally able to sign up for an account, when I try to log in, it says that my information is invalid.

Don't be embarrassed. Even Google used to lock up when they suddenly became the search engine du jour in 2004.

I logged on this morning from New Jersey and was given a dialogue window stating that the site was currently overwhelmed. I don't expect to actually get a quote for a month or so.

I love the you literally have your own "facts". Why did you randomly choose 60 days? Why not 29 days? Why not 12 hours and 13 minutes? They are all equally incorrect.

I think it's actually 6 months. And I would venture that if the site(s) continue to experience overload and lock up, the time to file will be extended. I'm willing to bet on that.

What we should be hearing in the news either tonight or tomorrow is the actual traffic experienced by healthcare.gov today. I would be amazed if the White House doesn't take the opportunity to announce just how many people tried to access the site this morning.

If your boss gave you three years to complete a project and on the day of start up, it did not work properly, do you think you would still have a job?

1) Your little comparisons of government to the private sector are horsecrap.

2) There's plenty of time between now and January 1st of next year to get people enrolled, and the way it looks there are a LOT of Americans who want to.

But hey, I'm guessing you already know that computers being hit with higher-than-expected traffic isn't necessarily a sign of "crashing and burning", right?

God I love how you all walk around in a fog. Been telling you this was happening for a month.

So let's go with It's an Apple Thang bitches.

If your boss gave you three years to complete a project and on the day of start up, it did not work properly, do you think you would still have a job?

So who is responsible for web traffic? Let me guess, Obama right?

The problem is not internet traffic.
The problem is the sites themselves. Government spokes people have admitted these are issues with the system itself.
Nice try though.
"Internet traffic" gets you no mileage.
Why? Because for example, the Spanish language part of the system will not be running properly for at least a month. That is contained in the OP link..
Are you now going to claim that is caused by internet traffic?
Please.

Forum List

Back