Obamacare crashes and melts...

o...m...g....

Like...I would've, "never" saw this thread coming, wow what a total surprise.

Like...really. Who would've thought that the website would have trouble on launch day. Who would've thought right wingers would post about it.

who. would. have. thought.

Last edited:
o...m...g....

Like...I would've, "never" saw this thread coming, wow what a total surprise.

Like...really. Who would've thought that the website would have trouble on launch day. Who would've thought right wingers would post about it.

who. would. have. thought.

Vinnie..It isn't the website. Stop it.

As I once heard... [MENTION=40712]Serioususername[/MENTION]:

All the good PR in the world cannot save bad policy. Nor can all the excuses you're spouting.

I'm not talking about policy, policy has nothing to do with what I said or this thread. This is about someone being ignorant of modern technology and trying to make a point about it working the way it has since we invented...well, shit, since invention has been around.

If he wants to make it about policy, fine... he could have; it's his thread after all. You wouldn't likely find me here- I don't do policy. He didn't mind you, it's about a website having to much traffic and not being able to handle everyone at once.

I have to admit I'm a bit confused...conservatives are saying that the launch of Obamacare is a disaster because the websites are crashing due to all the people wanting to sign up? It's bad because so many people want in? Or are you saying you would have supported millions of dollars more in the bill in order to support the technology? I bet that's it. Now I get why you voted no.

1) Your little comparisons of government to the private sector are horsecrap.

2) There's plenty of time between now and January 1st of next year to get people enrolled, and the way it looks there are a LOT of Americans who want to.

But hey, I'm guessing you already know that computers being hit with higher-than-expected traffic isn't necessarily a sign of "crashing and burning", right?
THREE YEARS...That's how much time they had to get this right. They couldn't do it right.
And all you have are excuses and wishful thinking predictions..
A job is a job. It's still work. No matter whether its public or private.
The people who were being paid by the taxpayers, FAILED.
No excuses or obfuscation is going to save you.
Oh, if as Obama and the rest of his minions claimed that only the uninsured would need ACA( If you want to keep your insurance, you can. If you want to keep your doctor, you can) ..So answer this....Why should "a lot of people" want Obamacare?
And what does Jan 1st of 2014 have to do with anything. Obamacare started TODAY....
Go for it.

Hey dumb fuck, I have been dealing with the program our company has for five years now, and it still freezes up and does strange things on occasion. When you are dealing with new computer programs, or even machinery, nothing goes quite as planned.

It will be straightened out, and then we will find new problems. That's how it is dealing in our computer supported world.

I know what you're saying Old Rocks, but even you have to admit this is mess. I am really disappointed with the kickoff to this program as it is one big clusterfuck. There is no reason they should be having so many problems. If they knew they weren't ready, they should have pushed things back some. I'm sure they had private contractors working on this. They should be fired and not paid. I do hope they get things figured out. As for the excess traffic, that should have also been addressed in advance. With Cloud storage being so cheap, there is no reason to have their site overrun.

obama gave the entire country 60 days to sign up or face IRS enforcement and fines. What could go wrong with that?
Typical CON$ervoFascist Brotherhood pathological liar, right on the home page of healthcare.gov it says 181 days left to enroll. :eusa_liar:

Reports in over 30 states from customers trying to get on various websites to access Obamacare have found the task impossible.
ObamaCare ?glitch? watch: States report delays, hiccups on exchange sites | Fox News
Surge in interest, glitches mark first day of exchanges
Obamacare Websites Crash on Day 1, plus 5 More Things You'll Want to Know Today - DailyFinance
THREE YEARS...For three years, the federal government has had to prepare for this.
Billions of dollars in cost to build and test the system. And it doesn't work.
Three years...
Lots of people on the government payroll to make sure things work correctly.
What the hell are these people doing with all of OUR money.
Every single person who has had their hands on this AND their bosses should work without pay until the job is done. And done correctly.
If they refuse. FIRE Them!

and yet 5 million people sign up with in the first 24 hours ...

obama gave the entire country 60 days to sign up or face IRS enforcement and fines. What could go wrong with that?

Actually, you're wrong. It's not 60 days, it's 6 MONTHS.

And............even if you sign up right now, it won't take effect until January 1st, 2014. This period right now is just for the people who want to sign up, and, considering there were 7.5 MILLION (which is 2.5 percent of the entire population of the U.S.) who tried to sign up today, it's no wonder that their servers crashed. Matter of fact, there are regular stories in the news about various websites that crash because they have something everyone is interested in.

On the news this evening they talked about 2 people. One was a man who signed up today, and it took him over 3 hours of waiting, but he'd said that he would have gladly waited all day if he had to, because it's saving him over 6,000/year.

A woman who recently lost her job and is living on unemployment benefits (1,400/month) said that if she was to try to get healthcare through the normal channels (she has a pre existing condition), it would cost her 700/month (half of what she makes), but when she signed up with the ACA, she now has the insurance that she wants (and will cover her condition), and it's only costing her 85/month.

Sorry.......................but the Republicans are going to find out that Obamacare is wildly popular, which is why they have been trying so desperately to stop it. And............when people find out the GOP shut down the government on a lie about Obamacare, they know they're going to lose big in 2014.

Oh for Christs Sake.

Its just to many people all trying to get onto a website at the same time.

Give it a few days or a week. Anyone wanting to will be able to get on. No problem.

Forum List

Back