She Nails it.

Nonsense. Try for a tiny bit of specificity. Pick some of the contrasts she pointed to. Then explain how you maintain that she is in any way mistaken.

She was specific. I wonder if even you could be — if you really really tried.
The constitution says the census should count people. She thinks that's bad. So she thinks following the constituion is bad.

Or maybe right wing media failed to tell her that the constitution requires we count people, not citizens. That's more likely.

So you listen to right wing radio and what right wing TV show? And I'll address one of your lies.

Her claim that illegals voting is "good" is false given these individuals were prosecuted for it.

Illegals voting is not good. It is illegal. It is prosecuted.

This is called a strawman, and it's a weak attempt at an argument.

The constitution says the census should count people. She thinks that's bad.
Incorrect. The census as outlined in the US Constitution is simply a numeration of people. Counting people. That's it. But it has evolved (or devolved, if you will) into all kinds of marketing and intrusiveness. They have, for example, added the American Community Survey. That is what she, and others, are against.

Incorrect. The census as outlined in the US Constitution is simply a numeration of people. Counting people. That's it. But it has evolved (or devolved, if you will) into all kinds of marketing and intrusiveness. They have, for example, added the American Community Survey. That is what she, and others, are against.
Where the hell did you get that she was talking about the American Community Survey?

It was clearly a reference to this little legal battle from the last administration where Trump's lawyers straight up lied to SCOTUS.

The constitution says the census should count people. She thinks that's bad. So she thinks following the constituion is bad.
The purpose of the census is for purposes of (among other purposes) enumeration for Congressional representation. Counting non citizens can yield a need for additional representatives. It is also used to decide funding for many federal programs.

I do applaud you for relying on the constitution and being specific in that instance, though. I believe you made a fair point there.

It doesn’t support your prior comment, however, that”she listens to far too much right wing media and doesn't spend enough time actually engaging with reality.”

Lol, sure. No left or right.

Which is why she accused Biden of "blackmailing" the president of Ukraine and defended Trump trying to leverage Ukraine to go after his political opponent over nothing.

It was a litany of right wing talking points with couple of gray area ones that were brushed by.
I don't know what else you could call "fire Sorokin or lose a billion dollars in foreign aid" a statement Biden proudly recalled on nationwide TV.

Her claim that illegals voting is "good" is false given these individuals were prosecuted for it.

Illegals voting is not good. It is illegal. It is prosecuted.

This is called a strawman, and it's a weak attempt at an argument.

Yet no one filling out a federal voter registration form is required to prove they are citizens. And many of you commies are encouraging illegals and other aliens to do so. They shouldn't be allowed to vote period, State or federal.

The purpose of the census is for purposes of (among other purposes) enumeration for Congressional representation. Counting non citizens can yield a need for additional representatives. It is also used to decide funding for many federal programs.

I do applaud you for relying on the constitution and being specific in that instance, though. I believe you made a fair point there.

It doesn’t support your prior comment, however, that”she listens to far too much right wing media and doesn't spend enough time actually engaging with reality.”
The Census issue was one pushed by the Trump administration. It's a pretty niche issue, I doubt she would have been made aware of it without significant exposure to right wing media.

Yet no one filling out a federal voter registration form is required to prove they are citizens. And many of you commies are encouraging illegals and other aliens to do so. They shouldn't be allowed to vote period, State or federal.
Yet another strawman. Who is saying it's good and encouraging them to vote?

Forum List

Back