ObamaCare drove a 35 percent drop in America's uninsured rate

Star

Gold Member
Apr 5, 2009

Approximately 16.4 million people have gained health insurance since ObamaCare went into effect, according to a report released Monday by the Department of Health and Human Services. As a result, the uninsured rate has fallen from 20.3 percent at the time of ObamaCare's debut to 13.2 percent today — a 35 percent (or 7.1 percentage point) drop.

<snip>

Most of the drop came after ObamaCare's first open enrollment period in Oct. 2013. Since then, 14.1 million adults have gained coverage. Jon Terbush

And yet-----and yet, Republicans are obsessed with destroying millions of Americans H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶u̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ☞ Healthcare.

So you're all thrilled that maobamacare has fallen 65% short of it's stated purpose, only in a commiecrat world would that be a good thing.
The GOP states have been successful in making sure fewer get coverage.

Not that I think there reasons are evil or even unsupportable. But the gop is incapable of offering any "real" alternative that would cover all these folks.

Weasel words. "Gained health insurance" is not the same thing as "signed up for obamadon'tcare and got health insurance".

Approximately 16.4 million people have gained health insurance since ObamaCare went into effect, according to a report released Monday by the Department of Health and Human Services. As a result, the uninsured rate has fallen from 20.3 percent at the time of ObamaCare's debut to 13.2 percent today — a 35 percent (or 7.1 percentage point) drop.

<snip>

Most of the drop came after ObamaCare's first open enrollment period in Oct. 2013. Since then, 14.1 million adults have gained coverage. Jon Terbush

And yet-----and yet, Republicans are obsessed with destroying millions of Americans H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶u̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ☞ Healthcare..

Did it occur to you read the other side before citing--of all sources--an HHS report? Do you remember what the HHS said about the Obamacare website? How accurate did that turn out to be?

I'm just curious: Have you ever read a scholarly critique of Obamacare, i.e., research that points out the many problems with Obamacare and why so many people opposed it?

But...but....Obamacare is a.....a.....Trainwreck

But...but....Obamacare is a.....a.....Trainwreck
Since it's going to cost trillions and will leave about 10 million uninsured 10 years after implementation, it IS a trainwreck. We could have outright bought insurance for the uninsured for a fraction of the cost and gotten better results.

<snip>

And yet-----and yet, Republicans are obsessed with destroying millions of Americans H̶e̶a̶l̶t̶h̶ ̶I̶n̶s̶u̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ☞ Healthcare.

And it has driven up my rates by 40% and my out-of-pocket by thousands.

:clap:

So you're all thrilled that maobamacare has fallen 65% short of it's stated purpose, only in a commiecrat world would that be a good thing.
The GOP states have been successful in making sure fewer get coverage.

Not that I think there reasons are evil or even unsupportable. But the gop is incapable of offering any "real" alternative that would cover all these folks.
They'll cut their nose to spite their faces all day.

I think I'll wait until these numbers are confirmed, I mean it's not like BS numbers don't flow out of the WH lately.

<snip>

And it has driven up my rates by 40% and my out-of-pocket by thousands.

:clap:

BUT BUT BUT BUT ITS FREE!!!

In U.S. Uninsured Rate Sinks to 12.9

Gallup.

260sxgx.jpg

<snip>

Have you also got the numbers on how much health insurance cost the rest of us? Some people, me included, are paying a lot more because of OBAMACARE. Any idea of what the numbers are for the total offset cost to corporations, affected job growth, and many taxpayers? It hurt the pockets of a lot of people, me included. And, according to the many articles that I've read, we haven't seen the astronomical total cost of it yet. Oh, and what the folks the IRS is asking to pay back the health care credit they received when they enrolled? Any numbers on that? Just curious. Thanks.

<snip>

Have you also got the numbers on how much health insurance cost the rest of us? Some people, me included, are paying a lot more because of OBAMACARE. Any idea of what the numbers are for the total offset cost to corporations, affected job growth, and many taxpayers? It hurt the pockets of a lot of people, me included. And, according to the many articles that I've read, we haven't seen the astronomical total cost of it yet. Oh, and what the folks the IRS is asking to pay back the health care credit they received when they enrolled? Any numbers on that? Just curious. Thanks.

They don't give a shit about that, to them the end justifies the means. That's democrat policy.

Isn't it amazing how you can get more people to buy something they don't want if you just pass a law and force them to get it or pay a fine? I guess the other 65% just said fuck it and will pay the penalty since it will be cheaper.

<snip>

They don't give a shit about that, to them the end justifies the means. That's democrat policy.
That's not only Democrat policy, that's Government policy. Did all Republicans vote against it?

Forum List

Back