🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 million Jobs Created, Middle Class Incomes Up $3K

tumblr_inline_oo1mtctZIP1s2opo4_500.png

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“It is the biggest job-killer in this country.” — Ted Cruz, 2016

“Obamacare is devastating businesses." — Donald Trump, 2016

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K
Notice that she left out the 4 trillion dollars of FAUX money that the FED created. Someone will HAVE to pay for that private DEBT. I am sure Janet Yellow will spring that surprise on President Trump sometime soon.

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/obamas-4-trillion-gift-to-the-rich/
It has also allowed Washington to pay less for the money it borrows. US government debt, already more than $17.7 trillion, would be substantially higher if the Treasury had been forced to pay normal interest rates to lenders over the past six years.
PRAVDA would be proud of the Commies of the liberal party today.

Who cares about the debt when the rich are going to get a tax cut, lets see make the rich pay taxes, and by the way , we need to have more brackets not less, or let them pay peanuts on their income and take away healthcare for million. What a choice.
rich got wealthy off of obummer, why doesn't that bother you?
Why should it?

It appears the only people it pissed off are the Idiots who insisted that the economy wasn't markedly improved over the godawful mess created by the last guy for whom you cast 2 enthusiastic votes.
got it, so when the rich get richer when there is a democrat in office it's ok. It is only an issue when it is a conservative. And then all you fks want respect. stupid is as stupid does is your mentality. wow!!!!

Look, I've said it before, I didn't dislike Obama. I disagreed with some of his decisions, but I think his desire to keep America out of wars was an admirable one, and he seemed to care about human rights and try and help those not getting a fair shake. I disagree with many of his methods, but his intentions were there.

However, each and every conversation about Obama has to include his reliance on debt. To me that is his legacy and many others smarter than I am have stated the same. Some have also gone even further, and I concur, America's debt is a National Security threat. There is no way you can speak about any of his accomplishments without an asterisk, *added more debt than all of the former presidents combined. America now has $20T in debt.

Let me be more succinct, let's say I had been president and you gave me $10 Trillion dollars. There are many many things I could do in eight years with that kind of coin. Without much effort I could increase every Americans salary and employ endless numbers of people. That's $10T on top of any tax revenue by the way.

In that regard, there is one mistake that was made after his victory. He reached out to Romney with an olive branch as he wanted him involved in the economy, evidence that I think he believed Romney had a strong grasp on how to turn things around and Obama respected his acumen. In fact, I recall in the debates one particular comment when Obama spoke about government decisions impacting jobs and Romney said "it's not the job of government to create jobs"...I remember Obama's eyes lighting up, it was almost as if he was saying to himself "oh yeah, Romney is right here."

Romney turned down the opportunity to contribute to Americas success economically. It was a mistake for him and probably to the detriment of America. Who knows if his influence could have ensured a lower debt, even if it were 2-3 T lower it would have been a massive victory.

Who gave Obama 10 Trillion dollars? No one. His total policy contribution to deficit was about 1 trillion, if we exclude 2012 extension of Bush's tax cuts (which I don't presume you or Romney are against)

He didn't fix long term deficit issues, but he didn't exacerbate them the way you insinuate either. And as far as fixing, it wasn't for lack of trying - he always kept the Grand Bargain on the table but couldn't get Congressional support.

I'm not sure how you came up with $1 Trillion...
Here are the FACTS and source: Federal Receipt and Outlay Summary
Total Expenditures $28.303 Trillion (Included TARP payback of $708.3B. Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica
Total Receipts 21.057 Trillion
Deficit $ 7.246 Trillion Deficits added to national debt!
Plus remember this includes total payback of TARP with (AGAIN remember GWB expenditures included over $600 Billion for TARP..
BUT Obama gets it all paid ($708.3B back plus $84.9B Profit!)

View attachment 124134
PLUS remember Obama's revenue included total payback of Tarp PLUS a $84.9 Billion profit!

Nonsense, just because Federal government ran deficit while Obama was in office doesn't mean Obama CAUSED all of them.

There is a persistent failure in politico talk to separate correlation from causation.

And yet, you are arguing that Obama caused the jobs growth.

What an idiot!
Aren't you idiots insisting that he was "killing jobs"?

Now you are bitching because the numbers don't back up that crap?

You wanna see something really frightening?
he did kill jobs, thanks for noticing.

We now have 7 full years of economic data since President Obama signed the Affordable Care Act (ACA or “Obamacare”). So, as Republicans in Washington continue their relentless assault on the ACA, it’s a good time to take stock of how America actually fared in the Obamacare Economy.

Before turning to the facts, a reminder of the narrative that the GOP has been pushing about the ACA for so long:

“It will bankrupt our nation, and it will ruin our economy! … This health care law … is already destroying jobs in our country.” — John Boehner, 2011

“We now know that Obamacare has been one of the single biggest drags on job creation since early 2010.” — Mitch McConnell, 2012

“[T]his is going to blow a hole through the deficit even more than we had already thought.” — Paul Ryan, 2012

“Obamacare is directly responsible for destroying jobs and lowering wages for workers” — Senate Republican Policy Committee, 2014

“Obamacare … this disastrous policy that's been killing jobs." — Mike Pence, 2016

Let’s tackle these false “job-killing, wage-reducing, deficit-busting” myths one by one:

The Obamacare Economy: 7 Years, 16 Million Jobs Created, Middle-Class Incomes Up $3K

Not a single year of GDP growth over 3%. Yet still managed to double the debt. First of its kind failure.

Bush would have LOVED a recession-free, steady growth record like that.

Under Obama job growth was four times of what BOTH Bushes combined managed to get.

Again how did Obama accomplish this?

Only in the idiotic world of liberal fantasy a anti business president could do it.

I don't think that is the question..

Why did this "anti-business" Usurper manage to do FAR better than two putatively "pro-bidness" POTUS?

Not only job creation, but also Equity Markets' performance...

You wanna see some truly gruesome numbers?

Obviously YOU NEVER heard of Quantitative Easing did you?
The Fed’s $3.5T QE purchases have generated almost half a trillion dollars for the US Treasury since 2009
View attachment 124141

The Fed's $3.5T QE purchases have generated almost half a trillion dollars for the US Treasury since 2009 • AEI

WHO is going to pay the $3 T in borrowings???

Health,

You cannot participate in a discussion of the need for, and results, of Quantitative Easing......you have no idea why it was done, what it hoped to achieve, and how it will be unwound....

That established, let me ask you.....

Are you suggesting that the record bull market under Obama was entirely the result of Federal Reserve Policy?

Not a single year of GDP growth over 3%. Yet still managed to double the debt. First of its kind failure.

Under Obama job growth was four times of what BOTH Bushes combined managed to get.

Only in the idiotic world of liberal fantasy a anti business president could do it.

Why did this "anti-business" Usurper manage to do FAR better than two putatively "pro-bidness" POTUS?

The Fed’s $3.5T QE purchases have generated almost half a trillion dollars for the US Treasury since 2009
View attachment 124141

The Fed's $3.5T QE purchases have generated almost half a trillion dollars for the US Treasury since 2009 • AEI

Health,

You cannot participate in a discussion of the need for, and results, of Quantitative Easing......you have no idea why it was done, what it hoped to achieve, and how it will be unwound....

Are you suggesting that the record bull market under Obama was entirely the result of Federal Reserve Policy?
the record bull market made the rich richer which you don't find ironic. too funny.

Notice that she left out the 4 trillion dollars of FAUX money that the FED created. Someone will HAVE to pay for that private DEBT. I am sure Janet Yellow will spring that surprise on President Trump sometime soon.

It has also allowed Washington to pay less for the money it borrows. US government debt, already more than $17.7 trillion, would be substantially higher if the Treasury had been forced to pay normal interest rates to lenders over the past six years.

Who cares about the debt when the rich are going to get a tax cut, lets see make the rich pay taxes, and by the way , we need to have more brackets not less, or let them pay peanuts on their income and take away healthcare for million. What a choice.
Why should it?

It appears the only people it pissed off are the Idiots who insisted that the economy wasn't markedly improved over the godawful mess created by the last guy for whom you cast 2 enthusiastic votes.
got it, so when the rich get richer when there is a democrat in office it's ok. It is only an issue when it is a conservative. And then all you fks want respect. stupid is as stupid does is your mentality. wow!!!!
Simple question....

These people for whom you speak......how did they fare under the last POTUS for whom you cast 2 enthusiastic votes?

How about under Obama?

Please eschew all narrative in favor of data (include your sources).

http://nypost.com/2014/10/12/obamas-4-trillion-gift-to-the-rich/ PRAVDA would be proud of the Commies of the liberal party today.

Why should it?

Simple question....

These people for whom you speak......how did they fare under the last POTUS for whom you cast 2 enthusiastic votes?

How about under Obama?

i didn't look it up. not sure the point. We know the rich got richer under obummer. And you have absolutely no problem with that.

Look, I've said it before, I didn't dislike Obama. I disagreed with some of his decisions, but I think his desire to keep America out of wars was an admirable one, and he seemed to care about human rights and try and help those not getting a fair shake. I disagree with many of his methods, but his intentions were there.

However, each and every conversation about Obama has to include his reliance on debt. To me that is his legacy and many others smarter than I am have stated the same. Some have also gone even further, and I concur, America's debt is a National Security threat. There is no way you can speak about any of his accomplishments without an asterisk, *added more debt than all of the former presidents combined. America now has $20T in debt.

Let me be more succinct, let's say I had been president and you gave me $10 Trillion dollars. There are many many things I could do in eight years with that kind of coin. Without much effort I could increase every Americans salary and employ endless numbers of people. That's $10T on top of any tax revenue by the way.

In that regard, there is one mistake that was made after his victory. He reached out to Romney with an olive branch as he wanted him involved in the economy, evidence that I think he believed Romney had a strong grasp on how to turn things around and Obama respected his acumen. In fact, I recall in the debates one particular comment when Obama spoke about government decisions impacting jobs and Romney said "it's not the job of government to create jobs"...I remember Obama's eyes lighting up, it was almost as if he was saying to himself "oh yeah, Romney is right here."

Romney turned down the opportunity to contribute to Americas success economically. It was a mistake for him and probably to the detriment of America. Who knows if his influence could have ensured a lower debt, even if it were 2-3 T lower it would have been a massive victory.

Who gave Obama 10 Trillion dollars? No one. His total policy contribution to deficit was about 1 trillion, if we exclude 2012 extension of Bush's tax cuts (which I don't presume you or Romney are against)

He didn't fix long term deficit issues, but he didn't exacerbate them the way you insinuate either. And as far as fixing, it wasn't for lack of trying - he always kept the Grand Bargain on the table but couldn't get Congressional support.

Total Expenditures $28.303 Trillion (Included TARP payback of $708.3B. Bailout Scorecard | Eye on the Bailout | ProPublica
Plus remember this includes total payback of TARP with (AGAIN remember GWB expenditures included over $600 Billion for TARP..

View attachment 124134
PLUS remember Obama's revenue included total payback of Tarp PLUS a $84.9 Billion profit!

Nonsense, just because Federal government ran deficit while Obama was in office doesn't mean Obama CAUSED all of them.

in 2009 we accumulated 1.45T of debt, that number would not be significantly better under ANY president. About 40% of not-forecasted debt increase 2009-now was in revenue shortfalls stemming from Great Recession.

44172-land-figure1.png

There is a persistent failure in politico talk to separate correlation from causation.

WHAT short fall? TARP was charged against GWB and Obama gained over $708B in payback! And still ran up these $7T in deficits!
2009-2016FedRev-expend.png

TARPayback.png

View attachment 124134

What an idiot!

Dumbass, quote me please.

I am usually careful to say "under Obama" not "Obama caused" and I say it context of a response to some rightwing stupidity about how economy/jobs was bad under Obama.

We have so much coal were up to our eye balls in it

What you have far less of is a market.....

It's about the "Externalities", you see.....the costs so long overlooked.

Seriously?

View attachment 124135
Post the market share for coal circa 2008....then define "Externalities"...

Missing the point Are you?
Not at all....cause I'm not the one dodging....

markets for coal are crashing....as you would know if you looked at the decline in its market share for sources of energy.

The coal industry has not represented an economically significant share of employment for nearly half a century. There are more people employed in the renewable energy industry in the State of California than there are employed in coal mining in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.....

it is a bullshit issue, pushed by hucksters, on the credulous....

View attachment 124134

What an idiot!

Dumbass, quote me please.

I am usually careful to say "under Obama" not "Obama caused" and I say it context of a response to some rightwing stupidity about how economy/jobs was bad under Obama.
Note how they never hesitate to insist that Obama killed jobs.....even when faced with the actual numbers....

I call our modern day version of Pravda.... Progda.
It just fits....

View attachment 124141

Health,

the record bull market made the rich richer which you don't find ironic. too funny.

You're a fucking idiot....

Have you ever heard of a "401k"?

Seriously....you're fucking dumber than dirt.....

It just fits....
Where do you get your information, Here?

Just, say, your top 3.....

View attachment 124141

Health,

I'm not these people are!
Plus where are your links supporting your position???

Don’t Credit Obama with the Stock Boom, Credit the Fed and the International Economy
Stocks are booming, with the S&P and the Dow each near record highs. Does President Obama deserve the credit? The answer is: yes, but only some of it.
So who else is responsible for the market boom?
I’d give the Federal Reserve about 35-40 percent of the credit. Here’s why. The Fed, along with the Bush and Obama administrations, was an important actor in the bailouts. We tend to focus on TARP when looking back at the financial crises, but other, more obscure and underreported actions—the Fed’s guarantee of the commercial paper market, the Treasury’s guarantee of money-market funds, and the bailout of AIG—were just as important. Many of those were led by the Fed. And for the last several years, the Fed has attempted to goose the economy by keeping overnight interest rates at zero, and by purchasing bonds and mortgage-backed securities to push long-term rates down. These efforts at quantitative easing have helped stock markets in several intended and unintended ways
Don’t Credit Obama with the Stock Boom, Credit the Fed and the International Economy

It just fits....
Where do you get your information, Here?

Just, say, your top 3.....

From all over. I then make up my own mind based on evidence and past experience.

Why should it?

Simple question....

How about under Obama?

i didn't look it up. not sure the point. We know the rich got richer under obummer. And you have absolutely no problem with that.
i didn't look it up. not sure the point.

QED

Winner x 1 bear513

and look...here is someone who doesn't know shit validating the virtue of not knowing shit....

Seriously?

View attachment 124135

markets for coal are crashing....as you would know if you looked at the decline in its market share for sources of energy.

The coal industry has not represented an economically significant share of employment for nearly half a century. There are more people employed in the renewable energy industry in the State of California than there are employed in coal mining in the ENTIRE COUNTRY.....

And if we stop the cooperate welfare to them.. what will happen?

Seriously?

View attachment 124135

Because the left made it that way

Once again
main.gif

Forum List

Back