Obamacare fines and penalties about to kick in for those who didn't join

- You pay a heavy tax fine if you don't have kids.

- You pay another heavy tax fine if you don't have a mortgage.

- You pay another tax fine if you don't buy the right kind of refrigerator, or the right car, or get your electricity from the right source.

False on every single point. ABSOLUTELY FALSE... .
What you're referring to, is tax incentives, wherein one receives a deduction from their tax liability, if one has kids, a mortgage or buys an energy efficient car.

There is no increase in tax liability is one does NOT. One's tax liability is determined by the tax bracket which is realized by one's income level. At that point, one's tax liability is established.

Deductions from such are merely incentives.

obamaScare, literally INCREASES one's tax liability BEYOND their bracketed liability for having failed to purchase health insurance.

You're merely attempting to deceitfully rationalize that fact, through fraudulent means in an attempt to influence the ignorant.
Nope, it is all true. ... .

Nonsense in the EXTREME! It's not even a debatable point.
You can't debate it, because you can't debate a fact.

Sorry about that.

So where was I.

Ah, yes.

You insisted the government reward and punish certain behaviors. You get punished for not having a mortgage.

Nonsense.

You get punished for not having kids.

Nonsense...

You get punished for not buying the right car or the right refrigerator and many other consumer products. You get punished for not buying the right kind of electricity!

Nonsense...

- You pay a heavy tax fine if you don't have kids.

- You pay another heavy tax fine if you don't have a mortgage.

- You pay another tax fine if you don't buy the right kind of refrigerator, or the right car, or get your electricity from the right source.

False on every single point. ABSOLUTELY FALSE... .
What you're referring to, is tax incentives, wherein one receives a deduction from their tax liability, if one has kids, a mortgage or buys an energy efficient car.

There is no increase in tax liability is one does NOT. One's tax liability is determined by the tax bracket which is realized by one's income level. At that point, one's tax liability is established.

Deductions from such are merely incentives.

obamaScare, literally INCREASES one's tax liability BEYOND their bracketed liability for having failed to purchase health insurance.

You're merely attempting to deceitfully rationalize that fact, through fraudulent means in an attempt to influence the ignorant.
Nope, it is all true. ... .

Nonsense in the EXTREME! It's not even a debatable point.
You can't debate it, because you can't debate a fact.

Sorry about that.

Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

All interest was allowed to be deducted in 1894. But in 1986, most interest deductions were eliminated, but the mortgage interest deduction was preserved.

By Reagan. That fucking liberal.

Why does that make him a liberal in your mind?
Little Acorn said the behavior modification programs in the tax code were created by liberals. Reagan preserved the mortgage interest deduction which punishes you if you don't have a mortgage. Ergo, he is a liberal.

Gingrich created the child tax credit which punishes you if you don't have kids. Ergo, he is a liberal.

Except, the mortgage deduction does not punish anyone, for anything. And your claiming that it does, in no way changes that.

When you fill out your taxes, you are going to pay more if you didn't buy a house than someone who earns an identical income who did buy a house.

You are going to pay more tax if you don't have kids than someone who does have kids.

You are going to pay more tax if you didn't buy the right refrigerator than someone who did.

You are going to pay more tax if you didn't buy the right health insurance than someone who did.

I defy anyone to explain the difference. When you get to the bottom line, how much tax you pay compared to someone earning an identical income, there is not one lick of difference between all of these tax code provisions.

You have been in a fugue state, unrealizing of just how deeply you have been allowing your behavior to be manipulated by the government.

You pay a heavy tax fine if you don't have kids. You pay another heavy tax fine if you don't have a mortgage. You pay another tax fine if you don't buy the right kind of refrigerator, or the right car, or get your electricity from the right source.

It was not a big leap to make you pay a tax fine for not having the right kind of health insurance.

You insisted the government reward and punish you for behaving in certain ways. Now the government has taken those decisions out of your hands.

Boo fucking hoo.

This is what happens when you keep demanding the government perform a massive behavior modification program through the tax code.

It's a bit of a leap to equate the ACA tax with the inability to take a certain tax deduction... or, calling that inability a fine.

But, I agree with your premise... but lets be real, the income tax has been a means of controlling behavior since the Progressives gave it to us. And they've been ramping it up ever since.

Except, the mortgage deduction does not punish anyone, for anything. And your claiming that it does, in no way changes that.
Yes, it does. If you don't have a mortgage, you have to pay more taxes.

That's a penalty no matter how you spin it.

But, I agree with your premise... but lets be real, the income tax has been a means of controlling behavior since the Progressives gave it to us. And they've been ramping it up ever since.
Sorry, but it was Reagon who preserved the mortgage interest deduction. It was Gingrich who created the child tax credit.

Those are two of the biggest tax expenditures out there.

You allowed your partisan bias to invent a completely bogus assertion.

Just watch what happens when you ask most Republicans if we should get rid of either of those programs.

When you fill out your taxes, you are going to pay more if you didn't buy a house than someone who earns an identical income who did buy a house.

You are going to pay more tax if you don't have kids than someone who does have kids.

You are going to pay more tax if you didn't buy the right refrigerator than someone who did.

You are going to pay more tax if you didn't buy the right health insurance than someone who did.

I defy anyone to explain the difference. When you get to the bottom line, how much tax you pay compared to someone earning an identical income, there is not one lick of difference between all of these tax code provisions.

You have been in a fugue state, unrealizing of just how deeply you have been allowing your behavior to be manipulated by the government.

When you pay your taxes, those taxes are determined by the bracket which is assigned for one's income... deductions from that bracketed value decrease the liability ESTABLISHED BY THE RATED BRACKET...

There is NO PENALTY for NOT HAVING A MORTGAGE, as there IS A PENALTY for not having obama-health insurance.

Which is to say a Mortgage is Tax rate MINUS deduction for Mortgage...

obamaScare requires: Tax Rate PLUS PENALTY FOR NOT HAVING obama INSURANCE. There is NO DEDUCTION FOR HAVING INSURANCE.... ONLY AN ADDITIONAL TAX FOR: NOT HAVING IT!

One of my kids is lucky to make 30k a year. The cheapest health insurance he can find in the exchanges, even factoring "subsidies" will cost him about 200 bucks a month in premiums plus a lot of out-of-pocket expenses and deductibles. The fine/penalty/tax will cost him about 750 bucks. The math dictates that he's better off paying cash on-demand to the growing population of health professionals that are taking cash and shunning insurance, while refusing to participate in the government's latest income extraction scam.

$200 a month? Big fucking deal.

My parents will be paying $1200 a month beginning in January . Glad I got that TRICARE

You pay a heavy tax fine if you don't have kids. You pay another heavy tax fine if you don't have a mortgage. You pay another tax fine if you don't buy the right kind of refrigerator, or the right car, or get your electricity from the right source.

It was not a big leap to make you pay a tax fine for not having the right kind of health insurance.

You insisted the government reward and punish you for behaving in certain ways. Now the government has taken those decisions out of your hands.

Boo fucking hoo.

This is what happens when you keep demanding the government perform a massive behavior modification program through the tax code.

It's a bit of a leap to equate the ACA tax with the inability to take a certain tax deduction... or, calling that inability a fine.

It's not a 'bit of a leap', it is A LIE!

Sorry, but it was Reagon who preserved the mortgage interest deduction. It was Gingrich who created the child tax credit.

Just watch what happens when you ask most Republicans if we should get rid of either of those programs.

How on Earth is a tax deduction an expenditure? And for the record, I'd much prefer we got rid of all that shit and went to a fair tax-type scenario of some kind... and FYI.. that's coming from a CPA.

:)

From the last I've heard, they're pretty much unenforceable. If you cannot obtain "affordable" insurance you are not subject to the fine. Thus, all you have to do is check the box that says you can't obtain affordable insurance.

I refuse to buy a shitty product.

Good luck collecting the "penalty".....

From the last I've heard, they're pretty much unenforceable. If you cannot obtain "affordable" insurance you are not subject to the fine. Thus, all you have to do is check the box that says you can't obtain affordable insurance.

Well, that's gonna be bad news for the tax man, given that thanks to the Left, there is now: NO SUCH THING as "AFFORDABLE HEALTHCARE!".

One of my kids is lucky to make 30k a year. The cheapest health insurance he can find in the exchanges, even factoring "subsidies" will cost him about 200 bucks a month in premiums plus a lot of out-of-pocket expenses and deductibles. The fine/penalty/tax will cost him about 750 bucks. The math dictates that he's better off paying cash on-demand to the growing population of health professionals that are taking cash and shunning insurance, while refusing to participate in the government's latest income extraction scam.

$200 a month? Big fucking deal.

My parents will be paying $1200 a month beginning in January . Glad I got that TRICARE

Uh.....It is a big deal. The government is mandating him to pay $200 a month on a $30K salary, for a product that he won't likely have any use for. The made affordable by the "Affordable" Health Care Act is the insurance CEO's next house.

I refuse to buy a shitty product.

Good luck collecting the "penalty".....

Well, I am with you. I went without last year, but the wife was scared to death by not having it. So, I decided to let her live without the 20 grand this year to see how she likes that.

Keep in mind that prior to the "Affordable Care Act" (obamaScare) our premiums summed to just under $10,000/ year.

So, the left made our health insurance more affordable, by doubling the cost.

Just as they got rid of Bush's 150 billion a year deficit, by making the deficit, 1,500 billion year.

How on Earth is a tax deduction an expenditure?

G5000 has developed some kind of hair brained idea that all money belongs to the government and that by not taxing it away from you, the government is spending money and giving you a handout.

How on Earth is a tax deduction an expenditure? And for the record, I'd much prefer we got rid of all that shit and went to a fair tax-type scenario of some kind... and FYI.. that's coming from a CPA.

:)

g is on record as believing that ALL momey belongs to the Gov nd that anything they let you keep is an "expenditure".

Forum List

Back