Obamacare Incompetence

Antares

A Rooincarnation
Nov 7, 2012
Omaha
Let me try to understand this: The key incentive for small businesses to support Obamacare was that they would be able to shop for the best deals in health care super-stores—called exchanges. The Administration has had 3 years to set up these exchanges. It has failed to do so.[/COLOR]
This is a really bad sign. There will be those who argue that it’s not the Administration’s fault. It’s the fault of the 33 states that have refused to set up their own exchanges. Nonsense. Where was the contingency planning? There certainly are models, after all—the federal government’s own health benefits plan (FEHBP) operates markets that exist in all 50 states. So does Medicare Advantage. But now, the Obama Administration has announced that it won’t have the exchanges ready in time, that small businesses will be offered one choice for the time being—for a year, at least. No doubt, small business owners will be skeptical of the Obama Administration’s belief in the efficacy of the market system to produce lower prices through competition. That was supposed to be the point of this plan.

One thing is clear: Obamacare will fail if he doesn’t start paying more attention to the details of implementation, if he doesn’t start demanding action. And, in a larger sense, the notion of activist government will be in peril—despite the demographics flowing the Democrats’ way—if institutions like the VA and Obamacare don’t deliver the goods. Sooner or later, the Republican party may come to understand that its best argument isn’t about tearing down the government we have, but making it run more efficiently.

Read more: Obamacare Incompetence | TIME.com

Hate to say it, but I did..I told ya.

The funny thing is they could have loosened regulation and adopted policy to allow these 'superstores' and the PRIVATE SECTOR would have ate it up.. not costing the taxpayer shit...

But we all really know, it is about more government control and more government power thru more government spending

It is just insane

Let me try to understand this: The key incentive for small businesses to support Obamacare was that they would be able to shop for the best deals in health care super-stores—called exchanges. The Administration has had 3 years to set up these exchanges. It has failed to do so.[/COLOR]
This is a really bad sign. There will be those who argue that it’s not the Administration’s fault. It’s the fault of the 33 states that have refused to set up their own exchanges. Nonsense. Where was the contingency planning? There certainly are models, after all—the federal government’s own health benefits plan (FEHBP) operates markets that exist in all 50 states. So does Medicare Advantage. But now, the Obama Administration has announced that it won’t have the exchanges ready in time, that small businesses will be offered one choice for the time being—for a year, at least. No doubt, small business owners will be skeptical of the Obama Administration’s belief in the efficacy of the market system to produce lower prices through competition. That was supposed to be the point of this plan.

One thing is clear: Obamacare will fail if he doesn’t start paying more attention to the details of implementation, if he doesn’t start demanding action. And, in a larger sense, the notion of activist government will be in peril—despite the demographics flowing the Democrats’ way—if institutions like the VA and Obamacare don’t deliver the goods. Sooner or later, the Republican party may come to understand that its best argument isn’t about tearing down the government we have, but making it run more efficiently.

Incompetence has been so rampant starting with the fundamental LIE that was used to convince 219 YES votes no GOP and 34 Democrats voted NO!
10 million counted as uninsured.. were NON-CITIZENS!
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
14 million said "uninsured" were eligible.. not registered.. and when enrolled..subtract 14 million!
Source: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
Finally 18 million never NEEDED insurance as they pay out of pocket so they are counted fraudulently as UNINSURED to pass Obamacare!
Source for the 18 million figure: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
That leaves less the 4 million truly need and want coverage!

BUT because OBAMA wants NATIONAL single payer.. HE WILL destroy health care as we know it.

I've repeated the above so often yet NO ONE not even conservatives seem to comprehend the BIG LIE that was told should be exposed!
As a result I'm waiting for someone to either REFUTE the above numbers or start using them!

Incompetence has been so rampant starting with the fundamental LIE that was used to convince 219 YES votes no GOP and 34 Democrats voted NO!
10 million counted as uninsured.. were NON-CITIZENS!
Source: Income, Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States: 2009 - Income & Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
14 million said "uninsured" were eligible.. not registered.. and when enrolled..subtract 14 million!
Source: http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
Finally 18 million never NEEDED insurance as they pay out of pocket so they are counted fraudulently as UNINSURED to pass Obamacare!
Source for the 18 million figure: CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED: 2009
That leaves less the 4 million truly need and want coverage!

BUT because OBAMA wants NATIONAL single payer.. HE WILL destroy health care as we know it.

I've repeated the above so often yet NO ONE not even conservatives seem to comprehend the BIG LIE that was told should be exposed!
As a result I'm waiting for someone to either REFUTE the above numbers or start using them!

I've cited those numbers before and it is just one of the many, many lies told to sell Obamacare. They had to create a crisis and then claim that if you don't support Obamacare, you are an uncaring racist. Yes, the word 'racist' was thrown around because the claim was that most of those needing insurance were minorities.

It's all bullshit and the few people who wanted insurance, but couldn't afford it wouldn't be a big enough crisis to make their case. They had to pump up the numbers. Just like they had to lie about the cost and make constant false statements, such as we all get to keep our insurance and doctor if we like what we have.

Of course, we know they lied and it's amazing that to help a small percent of Americans, we will all be paying at least twice as much and can expect a lot less in return. Only government interference can fuck things up that bad.

But now, the Obama Administration has announced that it won’t have the exchanges ready in time, that small businesses will be offered one choice for the time being—for a year, at least.

Most of Klein's anger seems to be rooted in him being misinformed as to what's going on. It's not really his fault, as the NYTimes article he links to was about as clear as mud--which is surprising because Robert Pear is usually very good.

HHS didn't say the exchanges won't be there next year, nor did they say "small businesses will be offered one choice."

What they said is that in the SHOP exchanges for small businesses, they're only going to be using an employer choice purchasing model next year. That means the employer can shop around in the exchange (yes, choosing from multiple competing plans) and choose one that he makes available to his employees. That's generally how the small group market works now. Since the employer is the one who actually does the shopping and choosing, the employee only gets a single choice: to say yea or nay to the company plan.

What's being delayed a year is a second purchasing model, an employee choice model. Under that model, the employer doesn't choose a single company health plan anymore. Instead, he lets employees go out into the exchange and pick their own plans using, at least in part, a financial contribution the employer offers as part of the compensation package.

That way you get the market dynamics of the individual market because everyone shops for their own plan (instead of giving the employer all the decision-making power), but employers still get to offer tax privileged health benefits as a hiring enticement and, depending on how the SHOP is designed, they get the predictability of a defined contribution to the health plan.

It's disappointing that this particular functionality isn't going to be there next year. But then I'd be surprised if even a handful of folks lamenting this one-year delay were aware of that potential feature before this week anyway.

Forum List

Back