Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity

there's no law. there's employee handbooks. and she is not contracted by 'the public.' she is in no way a public employee. however, even if she were if it were against whatever public entities rules for low-level employees to speak with the media they could be fired if they choose to break that rule.

She was a brand spanking new employee whose previous employment was at McDonald's and the Olive Garden. She didn't know the niceties about what to do if a member of the media called. That wasn't part of their training. She wasn't political. No ax to grind. No statement to make. She wouldn't have risked her job if she'd known that was what she was doing.
you don't think she was supplied some sort of handbook and training? i just can't see that happening

Prove she was properly trained.

she agreed to be on the air, she knew she was talking to media.

i'll bet dollars to donuts that that is against the rules and was before the calls mr. hannity made.

further, everyone involved should have expected her to be fired, so although i'm glad sean is taking care of her, it's difficult to view his 'good deed' as anything other than a well publicized stunt.

I heard the call. I don't think she knew she was talking to media. At least I don't remember that part of the call. Edit: I just listened to it again and she did know. But I don't think she was aware of the potential ramifications. When the call was nearly over he asked if she recognized his name. She said no. He asked about Rush and several other names, and she said no. She's not a registered voter. No apparent awareness of the media. She's just a hardworking mother of two who tried to answer questions honestly. She had been working at that job for a month -- as a change from her usual food service jobs.

No offense intended to her but this shows that she wasn't qualified for the job and wasn't trained, which demonstrates the complete incompetence in HHS. They can't even oversee the call centers they hired? What idiots!

Hell, they couldn't even hire competent programmers to put their little fiasco on line properly.

I have a new found respect for Sean Hannity. Despite him being a blowhard his heart is in the right placed. He's really hooking her up not only with his own money but he's actively involved in getting her a job.

I guess that sorta makes up for him scamming vets with his Freedom Concerts..

Well no.

Maybe it makes up for him promising to get tortured for charity..

Well no.

Maybe it makes up for him getting her fired.

Bingo!

he did not get her fired. if she had given glowing reviews, she would not have been fired. if it had been you or me, she would not have been fired. this is all on obama's admin. obama could make this right by hiring her back, but he chooses not to.

obama got her fired because the buck stops with him.

They were told not to take media calls. If Rachel Maddow had called her, and she had stayed on the line, she would have lost her job.

I have similar parameters at my call center job. No discussing anything with media or attorneys, or any third parties.

she is a contracted public employee and cite the law for your second assertion.
there's no law. there's employee handbooks. and she is not contracted by 'the public.' she is in no way a public employee. however, even if she were if it were against whatever public entities rules for low-level employees to speak with the media they could be fired if they choose to break that rule.

She was a brand spanking new employee whose previous employment was at McDonald's and the Olive Garden. She didn't know the niceties about what to do if a member of the media called. That wasn't part of their training. She wasn't political. No ax to grind. No statement to make. She wouldn't have risked her job if she'd known that was what she was doing.

Has the bolded been independently proven?

No doubt to compensate for the heartless, uncaring cruelty of an administration that gives a shit about a single, working mother who told the truth to the "enemy".

You know, the more you talk the dumber you get. If your company found out you were telling people nobody likes this company, how quickly do you think you'd be fired?

Has it been a long time since you've worked anywhere? Do you understand you can't say things like that if you want to keep your job?

Didn't think so ...

I have co-workers who constantl talk down the company where I work. I don't because I am quite happy with my job. No one is fired for talking the company "down". It actually reflects poorly on those people who do it. Really, if the company is that bad, that dishonest, why would someone work there?
Oh, yeah. I have a full-time job, a part-time job, and my own business. I know what I can, and cannot, say at any one of them. But thanks for your concern. When is the last time you actually worked? If you worked vertically, you would know about these things.

Low blows much?

i'll bet dollars to donuts that that is against the rules and was before the calls mr. hannity made.

further, everyone involved should have expected her to be fired, so although i'm glad sean is taking care of her, it's difficult to view his 'good deed' as anything other than a well publicized stunt.

It wasn't against the rules to talk to the media.

It was against the rules to talk to the media and speak the truth. If she would of lied and said everyone loves Obamacare should probably would of gotten a promotion.

You know, the more you talk the dumber you get. If your company found out you were telling people nobody likes this company, how quickly do you think you'd be fired?

Has it been a long time since you've worked anywhere? Do you understand you can't say things like that if you want to keep your job?

Didn't think so ...

I have co-workers who constantl talk down the company where I work. I don't because I am quite happy with my job. No one is fired for talking the company "down". It actually reflects poorly on those people who do it. Really, if the company is that bad, that dishonest, why would someone work there?
Oh, yeah. I have a full-time job, a part-time job, and my own business. I know what I can, and cannot, say at any one of them. But thanks for your concern. When is the last time you actually worked? If you worked vertically, you would know about these things.

Low blows much?

Only when they are earned and well-deserved.

It wasn't against the rules to talk to the media.

It was against the rules to talk to the media and speak the truth. If she would of lied and said everyone loves Obamacare should probably would of gotten a promotion.

she should consider herself lucky

that she has not ended up in a reeducation camp

Like Hannity or not it's pretty cool he's doing this for her. I'm sure he feels responsible, but paying her entire salary for the year and helping her to find a job is pretty cool in my book.

Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Year's Salary | RealClearPolitics

So let me get this straight.

A woman is chatting with a talk show host when she is supposed to be doing her job, she disses the people she works for, and no big surprise, she'd get fired just like you or I or anyone else who works for an entity, public or private, would be.

I had a co-worker who got fired because she wrote on her resume that she didn't feel comfortable at work after ownership changed, and they saw it on Craig's List.

Like Hannity or not it's pretty cool he's doing this for her. I'm sure he feels responsible, but paying her entire salary for the year and helping her to find a job is pretty cool in my book.

Obamacare Operator Fired After Taking Call From Hannity; Hannity To Give Her A Year's Salary | RealClearPolitics

So let me get this straight.

A woman is chatting with a talk show host when she is supposed to be doing her job, she disses the people she works for, and no big surprise, she'd get fired just like you or I or anyone else who works for an entity, public or private, would be.

I had a co-worker who got fired because she wrote on her resume that she didn't feel comfortable at work after ownership changed, and they saw it on Craig's List.

But that's ok, she was only making herself look bad. Don't forget that gem.

and you're an idiot. she's not a public employee. she's an employee of an entity that's been contracted to handle the call center. further, low level employees, in any industry, are not to talk to the media. a responsible media personality would know and respect that.

link?

have none of you had a job?

I'm sure he has had absolutely zero business experience. I'm guessing he's a retiree from a factory or another place where you don't deal with the public.

In any company I've ever worked, you always have to abide by their rules regarding speaking with the media. It's not just a question of the employee causing themselves to look bad as someone else has suggested rather, you can say something inadvertently that is not the company policy.

In an attempt to make some pathetic political points, people in this thread are getting kind of petty and in some cases nasty. Nothing new though.

Like the guy or hate him, he's doing the right thing here.

Not only is she getting a years salary, she'll soon have a better job.

How many of us hold jobs where you are authorized to discuss details with the media?

Didn't think so ...

You know what Sarah, I doubt you could find it within yourself to perform an act of kindness anywhere close to Hannity's. You're too hateful and vindictive. You're full of spite. This company is called the US Government, and it's deceitful ways are to be exposed, at any cost.

Are you angry she did it? Good, thats one person who isn't as gullible as you are.

Sarah's food stamp allocation won't allow her to be generous as she'd like. And the tricks keep shorting her. Cut her some slack.

There is really nothing she could have said to "deserve" that.

You know what Sarah, I doubt you could find it within yourself to perform an act of kindness anywhere close to Hannity's. You're too hateful and vindictive. You're full of spite. This company is called the US Government, and it's deceitful ways are to be exposed, at any cost.

Are you angry she did it? Good, thats one person who isn't as gullible as you are.

Sarah's food stamp allocation won't allow her to be generous as she'd like. And the tricks keep shorting her. Cut her some slack.

There is really nothing she could have said to "deserve" that.

In real life, women probably completely ignore this guy. If he is really a guy, that is. Maybe we should too.

I tried to rep you because it's nice that you try to talk reasonably to some of these wretched individuals that I admittedly have no patience for but I've got to distribute some more before I can. Thanks for trying but it is just impossible with some.

have none of you had a job?

I'm sure he has had absolutely zero business experience. I'm guessing he's a retiree from a factory or another place where you don't deal with the public.

In any company I've ever worked, you always have to abide by their rules regarding speaking with the media. It's not just a question of the employee causing themselves to look bad as someone else has suggested rather, you can say something inadvertently that is not the company policy.

In an attempt to make some pathetic political points, people in this thread are getting kind of petty and in some cases nasty. Nothing new though.
LOL

Except she is was not sorking for a "company", she was working for the highly politicized GOVERNMENT entity which did not train her properly and retaliated when she announced nationally the wide known truth :lol:

But you won't know the difference, would you?

Forum List

Back