Obamacare passed because of"basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter "

healthmyths

Platinum Member
Sep 19, 2011
So how do you Obamacare supporters feel knowing that , Jonathan Gruber, who served as a technical advisor to President Obama during the ACA’s planning phases, revealed during a panel discussion that Obamacare was not designed as a tax, and that the lack of transparency about the new law was the only thing that saved
the controversial legislation from an untimely death in Congress.
Gruber said:
This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In termsof risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage.
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”
Obamacare Gruber video stupid voters transparency
utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+(Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion)

And I agree with HIM!!! Basically the stupid people that believed when Obama said:
“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

Even though the Census AGREED:
10 million of the 46 million were not legal Americans!
Proof: Income Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States 2009 - Income Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
Even though the Census AGREED...
14 million Medicaid eligible Americans were counted erroneously as "uninsured"!
Proof?:http://coverageforall.org/pdf/BC-BS_Uninsured-America.pdf
Even though 18 million people didn't want, need health insurance were bogusly counted as wanting health insurance!
CRISIS OF THE UNINSURED 2009
Gruber, Obama et.al. counted on stupid Americans who don't read, can't do simple arithmetic and simply think HOPE and CHANGE"!!!

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
“This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes. If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that. In terms of risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in – you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed… Lack of transparency is a huge political advantage. And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass… Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”

The ACA is a huge fucking mess. But that's what you get when a massive part of the American economy becomes politicized.

We still have six (6), SIX different fucking health care delivery/payment systems, and the GOP has no answer for it:
  1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
Both parties are responsible for this fucking mess, a pox (no pun intended) on both houses.

"If you like your health plan, you can keep it". But yes, Americans are dumb for believing it.

The ACA is a huge fucking mess. But that's what you get when a massive part of the American economy becomes politicized.

We still have six (6), SIX different fucking health care delivery/payment systems, and the GOP has no answer for it:
  1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent
Both parties are responsible for this fucking mess, a pox (no pun intended) on both houses.

Wrong. No Republican voted for it and slinging shit as far as you can see still doesn't make you look smart.

So how do you Obamacare supporters feel knowing that , Jonathan Gruber, who served as a technical advisor to President Obama during the ACA’s planning phases, revealed during a panel discussion that Obamacare was not designed as a tax, and that the lack of transparency about the new law was the only thing that saved
Gruber said:
This bill was written in a tortured way to make sure CBO did not score the mandate as taxes.
If CBO scored the mandate as taxes, the bill dies. Okay, so it’s written to do that.
In termsof risk rated subsidies, if you had a law which said that healthy people are going to pay in –you made explicit healthy people pay in and sick people get money, it would not have passed…
And basically, call it the stupidity of the American voter or whatever, but basically that was really really critical for the thing to pass…
Look, I wish Mark was right that we could make it all transparent, but I’d rather have this law than not.”
utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+LegalInsurrection+(Le%C2%B7gal+In%C2%B7sur%C2%B7rec%C2%B7tion)

And I agree with HIM!!! Basically the stupid people that believed when Obama said:
“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today. In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

Proof: Income Poverty and Health Insurance Coverage in the United States 2009 - Income Wealth - Newsroom - U.S. Census Bureau
Even though 18 million people didn't want, need health insurance were bogusly counted as wanting health insurance!
Gruber, Obama et.al. counted on stupid Americans who don't read, can't do simple arithmetic and simply think HOPE and CHANGE"!!!

Illegals getting govt help with health care is about as stupid as Republicans saying illegals get food stamps and welfare. What makes these people imbeciles?

Tell that to the Census Bureau! They counted 10 million illegals as "uninsured" and that 46 million number was used by Obama to pass ACA over the stupid voter!

1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent

Wrong. No Republican voted for it and slinging shit as far as you can see still doesn't make you look smart.

And the same holds true for you being an obedient little partisan ideologue.

So what? Who cares?

Why do you always have to make this personal?

Last edited:

1. Medicare
  2. Medicaid
  3. Individual/ACA
  4. Group
  5. VA
  6. Indigent

The votes for ACA...
Remember The House passed the Senate bill with a 219–212 vote on March 21, 2010,
with 34 Democrats and all 178 Republicans voting against it.
JUST 7 votes!
AND the VAST Majority of ALL the house members were lied to when Obama said:
"We are not a nation that accepts nearly 46 million uninsured men, women and children,"

Again.. Gruber WAS RIGHT! To pass it by the "stupid American Voter" they had to lie there were 46 million "uninsured" knowing full well as I did that
1) 10 million counted as part of the 46 million by the Census were NOT Citizens!
2) Knowing as the Census admitted that 14 million were undercounted but they WERE covered by Medicaid/SCHIP
3) 18 million never wanted, could afford but still counted as part of what Obama said:
“I don’t have to explain to you that nearly 46 million Americans don’t have health insurance coverage today.
In the wealthiest nation on Earth, 46 million of our fellow citizens have no coverage.”

Such a gigantic LIE and it was used to pass by just 7 votes!

How can you Obamacare supporters POSSIBLY not be offended by being called by Jonathan Gruber, who served as a technical advisor to President Obama during the ACA’s planning phases, "Stupid American voters"?

29 (if Senator Landrieu is defeated as expected) of the Democrats who voted for the ACA are no longer in the Senate ... More than half of those Senators are gone.

It was a stupid move for more than just "the people".

Gruber said:

You beat me to it.

Not that I was surprised. I have long maintained that liberals are one of two things.

They prove it everyday.

How can you Obamacare supporters POSSIBLY not be offended by being called by Jonathan Gruber, who served as a technical advisor to President Obama during the ACA’s planning phases, "Stupid American voters"?

Because unlike you, most of us dont let our feelings and super sensitivity guide our decisions

And the same holds true for you being an obedient little partisan ideologue.

So what? Who cares?

Why do you always have to make this personal?
I have an ideology but don't belong to a party. I side with the Republicans on most things, never Democrats. Democrats don't represent my values. You claiming it's mindless partisanship is an insult.

And to you wavering Obamacare supporters realizing how little the Obama administration thinks of you, i.e. "stupid voters"....
don't feel bad! Most Obama voters were considered stupid by Obama because HE KNEW you would NEVER look closer to his agenda and effort to change dramatically
how our country works. He never considered how much damage his agenda would do and hoped all you cared about was "Hope and Change"!
I really think most of you Obama supporters were genuine in you "hope and change" BUT I am sure you

Because unlike you, most of us dont let our feelings and super sensitivity guide our decisions
Right. Makes sense. Superficiality is the dominant characteristic of ignorant stupid voters. 30 second attention span, headlines being the only thing people like you read are to be pitied as one of these days while you are looking in the mirror fluffing your hair reality will be looking back.
Sad people like you are trivial in your thinking you allow others to take control of womb to tomb while lying to you all the way and laughing at your stupidity! Remember this was said by the main planner of Obamacare selected by Obama because Gruber thinks as disdainfully of you as Obama does obviously.

I'm sorry that you find it unaccepatble that I'm not sensitive and dont make political decisions based on that. I think about stuff sometimes and you're right I should take offense to things that dont reflect who I am because you want me too.

I'll get right on that in a second

I'm sorry that you find it unaccepatble that I'm not sensitive and dont make political decisions based on that. I think about stuff sometimes and you're right I should take offense to things that dont reflect who I am because you want me too.

Well little things do mean a lot which obviously you don't believe. For example, lazy thinking people like you totally ignore little details and it general is true that the devil is in the details...i.e. Gruber,Obama, et.al. really do think you are a stupid voter. I think based on your simple ignoring of very easy tools like the little red dotted line this built in spell checker provides. You ignore this very helpful tool and as a result it shows how
irresponsible voters like you are for voting based on superficialities like Obama is black so he must be elected! You have shown me that
your insensitivity along with the other "stupid Obama voters" are though a danger directly to me as because of your lack of interest in Obama's lack of experience you put this shaman into office. Count me as one that would never trust your judgement if I had to depend on you!

Well little things do mean a lot which obviously you don't believe.

No what I'm saying is that you wanting me to be upset means a great deal and I'm working on letting overt sensitivity guide my decision making.

For example, lazy thinking people like you totally ignore little details and it general is true that the devil is in the details...i.e. Gruber,Obama, et.al. really do think you are a stupid voter.

Me? Closed Caption? They said that? Boy now I'm hopping mad!

I think based on your simple ignoring of very easy tools like the little red dotted line this built in spell checker provides. You ignore this very helpful tool and as a result it shows how
irresponsible voters like you are for voting based on superficialities like Obama is black so he must be elected!

I know so, like I said, I am trying to vote based on other superficialities like you demanding I be upset. Also before complaining about words being spelled wrong, you should double check yours. If its really important, I mean

You have shown me that
your insensitivity along with the other "stupid Obama voters" are though a danger directly to me as because of your lack of interest in Obama's lack of experience you put this shaman into office. Count me as one that would never trust your judgement if I had to depend on you!

I know, you're afraid and let that fear guide you. Its totally cool bro.

Forum List

Back