obamacare sign ups only in the single digits

...Is this another thread about how the website failed to handle epic numbers of visits on it's first day?

If it is- stop being a sack of idiots and realize this is how things work, have worked, and will work until a fucking huge breakthrough in development happens. Don't waste your time posting here and go learn about how technology, invention...innovation work; you'll be better for it.

If this isn't another one of those unfathomably dumb threads...well then, carry on I guess.

The first day was a resounding success.

The ACA will get its 7 million first-year enrollees without any problem.

The far right reactionaries' screaming ensures it.

are there any gop platforms you support and are there any dem platforms you don't?

you're a walking libtard. obamacare is a disaster and all you do is sing its praises all the while claiming to be a republican.

...Is this another thread about how the website failed to handle epic numbers of visits on it's first day?

If it is- stop being a sack of idiots and realize this is how things work, have worked, and will work until a fucking huge breakthrough in development happens. Don't waste your time posting here and go learn about how technology, invention...innovation work; you'll be better for it.

If this isn't another one of those unfathomably dumb threads...well then, carry on I guess.

So, Facebook gets 100 billion hits a day and for the most part, carries on. Yet, our government with it's hoopla rollout of socialized medicine, and 3 years to prepare,

EPIC FAIL

Sounds legit to me

-Geaux

I'll say this for the umpteenth time- its not just getting people to sign up, they have to get the right people to sign up, the healthy and young.....and if they don't it won't be becasue the right says don't, it will be becasue it doesn't make sense to them, or they have to against their will, becasue they need something, that may 'insure' them but it won't make them happy. So, when those 7 million sign up and the polls tell us that a majority still are against it or the number moves up, its becasue they have been dragooned into doing so.

I won't bother that your conclusion does not follow from your premise.

I will agree that 2.8 mm of the 7 mm will have to be the young and healthy.

Time will tell.

are there any gop platforms you support and are there any dem platforms you don't?

you're a walking libtard. obamacare is a disaster and all you do is sing its praises all the while claiming to be a republican.

You are a far right reactionary tool, Yurt, and facts bother the hell out of you. I have no desire to walk with your crowd on the reactionary right at all. Christie and his ilk (Rove, Will, King, etc) are fine by me. Stay with your crowd, please, and go start your own party.

So, Facebook gets 100 billion hits a day and for the most part, carries on. Yet, our government with it's hoopla rollout of socialized medicine, and 3 years to prepare,

EPIC FAIL

Sounds legit to me

-Geaux
Cost us nearly a cool $T for this failure. Obama MUST be proud. HE can add it to his other failure like Solyndra, and other GREEN failures.

You are a far right reactionary tool, Yurt, and facts bother the hell out of you. I have no desire to walk with your crowd on the reactionary right at all. Christie and his ilk (Rove, Will, King, etc) are fine by me. Stay with your crowd, please, and go start your own party.

you once again run away from the questions....why are you afraid to answer me about the platforms?

how am i far right? you keep claiming this despite the fact i support several liberal ideas. you, on the other hand, can never explain how you are a republican because you don't support any of their causes, you do, however, support virtually every liberal cause.

obamacare is just another example and proof that you are anything but a republican.

The numbers are low for one reason, the Website did not work all week.

There is no way to figure the subsidies.

It would have been a record week for us had we been able to access the Market Place.

/sigh...

People could figure things out if they think a little sometimes.

Websites like google, ebay, facebook, hotmail, youtube, and amazon all started relatively small on day 1. Believe it or not...none of them had 7 million visiters on day 1. They all started rather humbly and modest and gradually grew to their current large size.

Facebook for instance started as a Harvard University website for students only, it grew to other schools and eventually expanded to the public. Starting with a meager university population it has now grown to over 1 billion users (granted I don't know daily traffic...). Obviously if facebook were given 1 billion users on it's opening day on it's little Harvard-owned servers it would crash instantly. So they built the website up...and up...and up..and up.

Healthcare.gov on the other hand was given an unheard of ~7 million visiters on it's first day. You cannot prepare for numbers like that on a fresh website. I really don't think any website in history can say it had ~7 million visiters on it's opening day. It wasn't given a time to "grow" at all, it didn't get a chance to evolve or adapt...just...BOOM!

For people to come on here and nit pick at the website having issues on it's first week is...laughable at best.

LOL....how many years did they have to make it workable?
The hugh and cry was that 40 MILLION people would get insurance...if they DIDN'T plan for overwhelming numbers then are incompetent...(and they are)

Ths issue is that this is typical Gov inability.

I'm going to drop my healthcare and wait until I get sick to sign up. Then when better, drop it again and save up some cash. I am really ready for this Obamacare stuff. Love the government gifts.

The numbers are low for one reason, the Website did not work all week.

There is no way to figure the subsidies.

It would have been a record week for us had we been able to access the Market Place.

"Us" ?? :confused:

-Geaux

you once again run away from the questions....why are you afraid to answer me about the platforms? how am i far right? you keep claiming this despite the fact i support several liberal ideas. you, on the other hand, can never explain how you are a republican because you don't support any of their causes, you do, however, support virtually every liberal cause. obamacare is just another example and proof that you are anything but a republican.

You don't get "just once more" about questions: they were all answered.

You are supporting far right reactionary nonsense, as usual.

Your actions always answer your questions.

So, Facebook gets 100 billion hits a day and for the most part, carries on. Yet, our government with it's hoopla rollout of socialized medicine, and 3 years to prepare

It's not about how many you get a day, it's about how many you get at a time; how many people are stressing your servers and connection at any given moment. As for facebook... I'm fairly certain it's had far, far more then three years to work out it's problems- and that's over three years of real world testing; which has a habit of finding every single issue regardless of how much you run it through the ringer in a "lab".

Case in point, every modern piece of technology...PS3's, Xbox 360's, Iphones, etc, etc.

Christie and his ilk (Rove, Will, King, etc) are fine by me. Reactionaries of the far right, stay with your crowd, do, and make your own party.

You can't have the GOP.

I'm going to drop my healthcare and wait until I get sick to sign up. Then when better, drop it again and save up some cash. I am really ready for this Obamacare stuff. Love the government gifts.

While I assume this is tongue in cheek......

If you allow your coverage to lapse there will be no reinstatement...you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period...you cannot "wait" until you get sick...you will pay the "Shared resonsibility payment" AND have to wait for the next open enrollment period before you can get insured.

If you allow your coverage to lapse there will be no reinstatement...you will have to wait until the next open enrollment period...you cannot "wait" until you get sick...you will pay the "Shared resonsibility payment" AND have to wait for the next open enrollment period before you can get insured.

or just go to the ER when needed :D

or just go to the ER when needed :D

Some things never change.

What the first few days showed is exactly what was said of the failure. The didn't load test their internet sites and they crashed. Poor preparation on something that is easy and any computer person would tell you must be done, but it was not.

Obama care ain't ready for prime time as Obama was not ready,.

Forum List

Back