🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare, the sacrificial first head of the Lernean Hydra?

The2ndAmendment

Gold Member
Feb 16, 2013
In Greek mythology, the Lernean Hydra was a monster that grew two or more heads every time one head was cut off, it's most notable appearance is in the Legend of Hercules.

If I had to compare Obamacare to any other object or concept in human history/knowledge, it would undoubtedly be the Lernean Hydra. Neocons likes Romney and Progressives like Obama wrote this multi-thousand page law with the INTENT of it failing, giving way to repeal and replace --- with single payer or national health insurance, or some other authoritarian and anti-free-market agenda.

It's a problem that was created intentionally, so the American people would rise up and cut off it's head, thinking the beast would be slain, but from the stump of the first neck will grow a new horror, as intended.

I don't think that ObamaCare is designed to fail. It was designed to be snuck in past people's better judgement, and then to linger on and on with annual cosmetic amendments and promises of reform.

Whether you love or hate single payer, you have to admit that single payer would logically reduce the cost of healthcare. If you have one single entity that reimburses doctors and hospitals for services, then that one single entity can dictate how much a service is worth and reimburse accordingly. Hey, hospital, you want to charge $250 for an overnight stay? Well, sorry because we only pay $60.

ObamaCare has very little provision for reducing health care costs. Drug companies and hospital corporations love it. Insurance companies are on board for their own selfish reasons. This is a law that benefits the Establishment, and they have every incentive to keep it.

Obamacare wasn't designed to fail, it was designed by lobbyists to put money into the pockets of insurance companies.

As much as I'd like it, single payer will never happen in this country.

Obamacare wasn't designed to fail, it was designed by lobbyists to put money into the pockets of insurance companies.

As much as I'd like it, single payer will never happen in this country.

I think we will get single payer after the INsurance companies have squeezed the last dollar they can out of the current system.

When they realize there's no more money to be made, then they will go along with single payer.

Forum List

Back