Obamacare “Train Wreck” GOP's Fault, Reid Says

bripat9643

Diamond Member
Apr 1, 2011
It really is difficult to comprehend the incredible chutzpah of turds like Harry Reid. ACA passed without a single Republican vote, but Reid claims Republicans are responsible for the resulting train wreck.

Indications that President Obama's Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), his signature legislative accomplishment, is turning into a fiasco of major proportions has Democrats uneasy.

A man instrumental in its enactment, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont), labeled it a “train wreck. The implementation is a total shambles. It's as if Secretary Sebelius has no idea of what she's doing. She's been quick to ensure that everyone is entitled to abortion coverage, but how the average person is supposed to cope with unforeseen medical contingencies is up in the air. On top of this, employers across the nation are cutting employees hours in order to evade their responsibility to pay for health insurance.”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) laid the blame squarely on the GOP. “We did our part to create this new entitlement, it's the Republicans' turn to step up and vote for the funding needed to finance it,” Reid said.

SEMI-NEWS: A Satire of Recent News, May 5, 2013 Edition

Thousands of small businesses are planning to bust full time employees down to part time--32 hours or less per week--to avoid the requirements of Obamacare. It is that or go out of business because the costs of Obamacare will wipe out what profits they have. Or, they are limiting any expansion and hiring to stay under the 50-employee threshhold. Doctors are leaving formal medical practice in record numbers.

Meanwhile, the rules and regs to implement Obamacare passed 13,000 pages some time ago and are growing by hundreds of pages every week that passes. Only a fraction of what will ultimately be in place currently exist, so we have no idea of what all the ramifications will be.

I would encourage everybody to pick up or order a little booklet Obamacare Survival Guide that provides a pretty clear, reader friendly, synopsis of what we know we are in for. We got ours for $4.95 plus shipping from Amazon and it can probaby be found in most bookstores now.

Train wreck indeed. And is destroying the finest medical system in the entire world as we speak.

Last edited:
It really is difficult to comprehend the incredible chutzpah of turds like Harry Reid. ACA passed without a single Republican vote, but Reid claims Republicans are responsible for the resulting train wreck.

Indications that President Obama's Affordable Care Act (Obamacare), his signature legislative accomplishment, is turning into a fiasco of major proportions has Democrats uneasy.

A man instrumental in its enactment, Senate Finance Committee Chairman Max Baucus (D-Mont), labeled it a “train wreck. The implementation is a total shambles. It's as if Secretary Sebelius has no idea of what she's doing. She's been quick to ensure that everyone is entitled to abortion coverage, but how the average person is supposed to cope with unforeseen medical contingencies is up in the air. On top of this, employers across the nation are cutting employees hours in order to evade their responsibility to pay for health insurance.”

Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev) laid the blame squarely on the GOP. “We did our part to create this new entitlement, it's the Republicans' turn to step up and vote for the funding needed to finance it,” Reid said.

That's funny, I would swear I remember the President, Reid and Pelosi telling us that this piece of shit was going to pay for itself. Something about not a dime's worth of increase in the deficit. Why is it now the Republican's responsibility to fund it?

Reid's an idiot.

Immie

Stupid fucks,

That funding is needed contradicts the original script of the Democrats' case for the legislation. It was supposed to be self-financing. It was supposed to save money. Neither of which now seems to be true. In fact, projections now show that the cost of health insurance is set to increase by 25% to 50% under the law.

Last edited:

That's funny, I would swear I remember the President, Reid and Pelosi telling us that this piece of shit was going to pay for itself. Something about not a dime's worth of increase in the deficit. Why is it now the Republican's responsibility to fund it?

Reid's an idiot.

Immie

That additional funding is going to be their downfall because Republicans are not going to vote for any additional funds for this pig. Any that do will have their asses handed to them at election time.

Democrats are like Hollanders pulling bricks out of the dykes to build housing for the poor

Thousands of small businesses are planning to bust full time employees down to part time--32 hours or less per week--to avoid the requirements of Obamacare. It is that or go out of business because the costs of Obamacare will wipe out what profits they have. Or, they are limiting any expansion and hiring to stay under the 50-employee threshhold. Doctors are leaving formal medical practice in record numbers.

Meanwhile, the rules and regs to implement Obamacare passed 13,000 pages some time ago and are growing by hundreds of pages every week that passes. Only a fraction of what will ultimately be in place currently exist, so we have no idea of what all the ramifications will be.

I would encourage everybody to pick up or order a little booklet Obamacare Survival Guide that provides a pretty clear, reader friendly, synopsis of what we know we are in for. We got ours for $4.95 plus shipping from Amazon and it can probaby be found in most bookstores now.

Train wreck indeed. And is destroying the finest medical system in the entire world as we speak.

yup the Democrats sure do like trickle up poverty. Why do they never think their laws out before they pass them?, its beyond comprehension if you ask me.

Ultimately we'll have to wait until the hundreds or thousands of new federal employees hired to implement it finish writing the hundreds of thousands of pages of new regulation that of course will need scores of more employees to review, revamp, add to, adjust, etc.

For instance, the IRS reported recently that it will need to assign 58 employees just to administer the Obamacare tax on tanning salons alone. A half a trillion dollars of the proposed budget is to implement Obamacare and that is only the direct part of it and not that assigned out for other agencies to multitask. Just 30 years ago, our entire federal budget wasn't a whole lot more than that.

Reid's an idiot.

Immie

That additional funding is going to be their downfall because Republicans are not going to vote for any additional funds for this pig. Any that do will have their asses handed to them at election time.

Unfortunately, I don't think it will matter. The dumb shits will just stick their thumbs up their rear ends and add it to the deficit. They'll probably just tell us that once we see the value in this piece of shit we will all come around. Sort of like, "we have to pass it so the people know what is in it".

Immie

It's the finest in the world if you are independently wealthy, can pay cash for your care or you are a member of Congress (no waiting at Bethesda). Otherwise, the health insurance companies destroyed our medical system long before Obama every even thought of running for president.

Case in point: my spouse and Ruth Bader Ginsburg arrived at Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital in NYC on the same week and needing the same procedure. Our health insurance dithered and was refusing to cover it. Guess who got the procedure? Guess who lived and guess who died?

Last edited:

It's the finest in the world if you are independently wealthy, can pay cash for your care or you are a member of Congress (no waiting at Bethesda). Otherwise, the health insurance companies destroyed our medical system long before Obama every even thought of running for president.

Case in point: my spouse and Ruth Bader Ginsburg arrived at Sloan Kettering Cancer Hospital in NYC on the same week and needing the same procedure. Our health insurance dithered and was refusing to cover it. Guess who got the procedure? Guess who lived and guess who died?

As I have worked in the system for a good chunk of my adult working life, and quite a bit of that time was dealing with people of limited means, your opinion is noted. And politely discounted as you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

As I have worked in the system for a good chunk of my adult working life, and quite a bit of that time was dealing with people of limited means, your opinion is noted. And politely discounted as you don't have a clue what you are talking about.

I see you don't bother to explain your comments. That's because you can't.

If you worked in the system and think the system works, then you're not only clueless but also part of the problem.

Forum List

Back