🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare v Government Shutdown?

Would you de-fund Obamacare or find more tax revenue?

• I'd de-fund Obamacare, it truly is a "train-wreck"

Votes: 10 71.4%
  • I'd find more tax revenue to save SS & Obamacare, such as by a transaction tax on stocks

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I'd make everyone compromise, meet in the middle or shut everything down

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • I have a better idea, see my post...

Votes: 2 14.3%

• Total voters

kyzr

Diamond Member
Oct 14, 2009
The AL part of PA
Looks like there will be gridlock on steroids this fall when the House votes to de-fund Obamacare, and the Senate votes to fund it, net-net no agreement, so the government shuts down.

This is a complex issue since Obamacare won't be implemented as passed, so the GOP is within their rights to pull funding.

Would you support the de-funding of Obamacare, or would you vote to find more tax revenue?

the Republicans have painted themselves into a corner over their obsession against the Affordable Care Act.

- and now they actually believe there is a connection between the ACA and the debt limit ... :lol:

I would defund obamacare but after 2014 elections.

if you do it before - it might not help.

the issue has to be burning

It's a fool's errand to try and defund it prior to 2017. Obama will never sign any budget that does so. It's his signature "achievement".

There's already gridlock within the House as the GOP has found during the appropriations process last week that the budget resolution it passed in the spring is impossible to operationalize.

That said, let 'em shut down the government over the ACA. It's their last chance to get this bizarre obsession out of their systems with one last tantrum before the coverage expansions begin in a few months.

It's just too bad that the ACA couldn't have been passed during the Bush Administration since it would have demonstrated what it looks like when Democrats and Republicans actually agree on something. :D

It would normally be pretty easy for the Dems to make the GOP out to be the bad guys (and there's certainly a reasonable argument there), but it'll be interesting to see if the relative unpopularity of Obamacare would mitigate some of that this time around.

On balance, though, it's tough to see the GOP smelling like roses after this. If they think it's worth the damage, well, good luck with that.

There's already gridlock within the House as the GOP has found during the appropriations process last week that the budget resolution it passed in the spring is impossible to operationalize.

That said, let 'em shut down the government over the ACA. It's their last chance to get this bizarre obsession out of their systems with one last tantrum before the coverage expansions begin in a few months.

you mean IF the coverage...

I think they should write the bill with the gov. funding of the expansion of the debt. ceiling and the defunding of the aca altogether.....*shrugs*

here's the thing

many companies and unions, don't ever have to use it. why, b/c they bribed obama.
The government isn't going to use it. why, b/c they know it sucks.

ocare for those with precons was out of money in March. They went through a years worth of money in 3 months. for fucks sake.

So anyone that thinks ocare is not going to erupt the debt is an absolute fool. It's going to crush the economy and $16 Trillion in the hole will be the good ol' days.

But we will save money on premiums, while everything else quadruples in cost.

The "no compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" -TIME

a disgrace, hater dupes. NO evidence for ANY of their horrors of ACA, just wrecking the recovery AGAIN.

Last edited:
The "no compromise, un-American Tea Party GOP" -TIME

a disgrace, hater dupes. NO evidence for ANY of their horrors of ACA, just wrecking the recovery AGAIN.

Then why are the dems giving their staffs and cronies a free pass on it, while "WE THE PEOPLE" get it up the wallet? Why is BO delaying the employer rollout if its so good? Why are businesses all doing hiring freezes and switching to part-time workers to avoid paying ACA?

1. If the GOP de-funds it now before it starts they have a shot at eliminating it. The GOP controlled Congress do have that right.
2. If ACA goes LIVE, then it will be tougher to eliminate, but when the DEBT interest starts to bite even more and the economy really tanks, then the recession turns into a depression.
3. There are no good options. The dems will never get "something for nothing" and the GOP and Tea Baggers will not hire one warm body they don't absolutely need, and even then it will be part-time.
4. Burger flippers will never get $15/hr plus benefits...

Forum List

Back