ObamaCare Website's Price Tag: $634M!!!!

This can't possibly be true...$634mil doesn't make any sense whatsoever. If everyone working on the project billed $1000 per hour - each person..that would be 63,400 hours or 7 years.
That can't be right. If it is...there needs to be an independent investigation into this company since that would OBVIOUSLY be gross fraud.

It's GOVERNMENT PROCUREMENT!

They pay outrageous rates for everything.

And they'll pay more cuz the thing doesn't work.

Last edited:

I'm no fan of this pig of a law, but I do remember the first week of January, 2006.

That was when Medicare Advantage plans became effective nationally, and it was a massive mess. Millions of people becoming effective all on the same day. Seniors couldn't confirm their membership, they couldn't get meds at their pharmacy (fortunately many pharmacists gave them their meds without taking payment, a pretty cool thing and a story never told), and it was a madhouse. Within two or three weeks though, things began running smoothly.

All I'm saying is that this is probably temporary, and the GOP may be making a mistake if they're counting on this lasting forever. It's a shitty law, but it'll get past this IT-related rough patch.

Forum List

Back