ObamaCare: Worst Policy Disaster Ever? Period.

Is Obamacare the worst policy disaster in history?

• Yes

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • No

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

TemplarKormac

Political Atheist
Mar 30, 2013
Given what we have seen from Obamcare and it's drastic inability to support itself, it is now being hypothetically compared to some of the worst policy disasters in history. Is Obamacare the worst policy disaster in history? This question may seem a bit obvious to some, and ludicrous to others.

By Charles C. W. Cooke, The National Review

Indulge me if you will, and join me in imagining that Obamacare has taken the calamitous path of the Hindenburg and ended up as little more than a smoldering warning against hubris. Imagine, that is, that enrollment rates have remained dangerously low; that the risk pools consist largely of the elderly and the sick; that the insurance companies, unable to operate on the magical thinking of which the White House is so fond, are being forced either to get out of the market completely or to raise premiums dramatically; and that skittish Democrats have started to run away — first calling weakly for fixes, then hinting at more, and then barely resisting the temptation to follow the trail of the pitchforks and nullify the president’s signature achievement. Imagine, in other words, that things are bad.

Now answer me this: If such a scenario were actually to come to pass — and, of course, it most certainly has not as of yet — how serious a failure will we judge it to be? Will we see it as a hiccup? Will we claim that it is typical for a second term? Or will we consider it to be a calamity of historical proportions? Personally, I would plump for the lattermost: In my view, if Obamacare were to fail hard, it could well come to be seen as the most catastrophic domestic-policy enterprise of the last century.

ObamaCare: Worst Policy Disaster Ever? Period. - Fox Nation

PURPOSE OF OBAMACARE: To insure the uninsured: EFFECT OF OBAMACARE: Uninsure the insured.

Yes I think we can call this the worst legislation in the history of the United States:

140062_600.jpg

Given what we have seen from Obamcare and it's drastic inability to support itself, it is now being hypothetically compared to some of the worst policy disasters in history. Is Obamacare the worst policy disaster in history? This question may seem a bit obvious to some, and ludicrous to others.

Indulge me if you will, and join me in imagining that Obamacare has taken the calamitous path of the Hindenburg and ended up as little more than a smoldering warning against hubris. Imagine, that is, that enrollment rates have remained dangerously low; that the risk pools consist largely of the elderly and the sick; that the insurance companies, unable to operate on the magical thinking of which the White House is so fond, are being forced either to get out of the market completely or to raise premiums dramatically; and that skittish Democrats have started to run away — first calling weakly for fixes, then hinting at more, and then barely resisting the temptation to follow the trail of the pitchforks and nullify the president’s signature achievement. Imagine, in other words, that things are bad.

Now answer me this: If such a scenario were actually to come to pass — and, of course, it most certainly has not as of yet — how serious a failure will we judge it to be? Will we see it as a hiccup? Will we claim that it is typical for a second term? Or will we consider it to be a calamity of historical proportions? Personally, I would plump for the lattermost: In my view, if Obamacare were to fail hard, it could well come to be seen as the most catastrophic domestic-policy enterprise of the last century.

Worst policy disaster in history: IRAQ

American deaths: 4489
American wounded: 32021

Exactly how many Americans have been killed or wounded by ACA?

Exactly how many Americans lost their health insurance because of the ACA?

Yet you have other military actions and wars that dwarf that... and you consider Iraq/Afghanistan the worst??

Idiot

The worst policy ever was the New Deal... opening up for big government control, limitless government size and scope, and the feeling of people that government is required to handle their personal problems

The US lost more men than that in about 4 hours on D-Day. So by your reckoning D-Day would be the worst disaster.

Anyway, back to reality: The roll out of the program for consumers was, what, 6 weeks ago? Since then every day has brought more and more catastrophe so that what the GOP wanted to do 2 months ago the Dems themselves are begging for.

Forum List

Back