Obama's 2011 Tax Cut Was UNFAIR to the Poor

Mike does not get that he is like BigReb was: his own material destroys his argument.

Since judging tax cuts by their gross dollar amounts is the liberal approach to judging all tax cuts signed by conservative presidents, let us apply that same approach to Obama's 2011 payroll tax cut--so we can see how misleading it is. Using that approach, we can say that most of Obama's tax cut did not go to low-income people but to the well-off and affluent! Ha! Let's see:

Obama's 2011 payroll tax cut reduced the payroll tax by 2 percentage points, from 6.2% to 4.2%. Let us examine who saved the most money per year:

Joe A who earned $20K per year saved $400.
Joe B who earned $50K per year saved $1,000, 250% more than Joe A!
Joe C who earned $100K per year saved $2,000, 500% more than Joe A!
Joe D who earned $150K per year saved $3,000, 750% more than Joe A!
Joe E who earned $200K per year saved $4,000, 1,000% more than Joe A!

Obama's 2011 tax cuts ended in 2013. Let's see who saved how much over the course of those three years:

Joe A saved $1,200.
Joe B saved $3,000.
Joe C saved $6,000.
Joe D saved $9,000
Joe E saved $12,000.

The money saved by those five people added up to $31,200, and $27,000 of it went to Joe C, Joe D, and Joe E. In other words, 86% of Obama's tax cut went to people who made over $100K per year, and only 14% of it went Joe A and Joe B. Totally unfair!

Clearly, Obama's tax cut was heavily weighted to the well-off and the affluent, not to the poor and low-income folks!

You see how silly, dishonest, and misleading this comparison is? This is what liberals are now doing with the Trump tax cuts. This is how they come up with the claim that 82%/85%/90% of the Trump tax cuts are going "to the rich."
How much did it save for the millionaires and billionaires?
$2,000, just like Joe D and E, the OP is lying scum.

Pelosi calls that crumbs

-Geaux
Is that really what you thought she was calling crumbs? No wonder you sound so confused. Try reading her comment again, maybe you’ll get it

You are right, Slade. Let's see if Skull Pilot can get over his pathology and admit you are right.
He won’t, he will either take something out of context or divert to a new argument. His games are transparent and weak.
I'm not changing the argument

Because it doesn't matter how much money anyone makes as long as they can keep more of it at the end of the day
Uhh yeah it actually kind of does matter how much people make when you are in charge of taxation and the worlds largest economy.

The tax rate is all that matters.

The fact that we have far too many deductions and giveaways in the tax law is a horse of a different color
No, the cash in your pocket is all that matters, and if on the same income you NET the same cash in your pocket at 15% as 12% then you got NO tax cut in reality no matter how big a tax cut you got on paper, because the black and white money you got on paper is not the kind of green paper money you can spend.

Why is that so hard to understand?

All money is nothing but numbers on paper.
Try to buy a gallon of milk with black and white numbers on paper and see what happens. :cuckoo:
I do it all the time

citi-double-cash-credit-card.jpg
At some point you will have to pony up the actual greenbacks to cover the plastic, and they won't accept a tax cut that exists ONLY on paper.

No I pay the card via bank draft which is nothing but ones and zeros.

You are right, Slade. Let's see if Skull Pilot can get over his pathology and admit you are right.
He won’t, he will either take something out of context or divert to a new argument. His games are transparent and weak.

Because it doesn't matter how much money anyone makes as long as they can keep more of it at the end of the day
Uhh yeah it actually kind of does matter how much people make when you are in charge of taxation and the worlds largest economy.
No one who makes tax laws cares what you make all they care about is squeezing as much money as possible from you or giving you shit so you keep voting for them.

You admit that you whined about me not quoting your whole post even though you changed it after I quoted it
I was adding to it as you quoted it. Be honest. It's hard, but be honest.

And yet you still whined about me not quoting the entire post BE honest
If you think calling you out is whining, OK. Remember, it is your character that is at judgement here.

Watch what SP does below.

It's not up to me to check back and see if you changed a post I quoted

Maybe you want to not post something until you actually form a complete thought
See I knew you would do this. You cannot accept responsibility for what you do. You are being swept along in front of Ed's and my arguments, and, that's on you.

I did nothing but quote you word for word you then change the post and somehow I am the one who is not taking responsibility

And you couldn't sweep me anywhere if you tried

the fact that you have to go back and change your posts tell me that

Reading the above posts is like reading a fairy story distorted from reality.

No one who makes tax laws cares what you make all they care about is squeezing as much money as possible from you or giving you shit so you keep voting for them.
Oh whatever, sounds like you’re just giving up on making any kind of intelligent arguement.

Oh whatever, sounds like you’re just giving up on making any kind of intelligent arguement.
Says the person who thinks the government cares what you make when they levy taxes

To be honest, I am still grappling with what's the unfairness in letting people keep more of the money they earned? Can someone explain?

Apparently its only fair if the rich pay more and those who pay no taxes get the money taken from the rich.
The rich can hire Republicans to represent them in congress and give needy billionaires tax cuts when the rate they are paying is only a fraction of what someone making 40 grand is paying.

Nice to know you think that is fair.

Clearly you are not a billionaire. So why do you support getting fuked over?

To be honest, I am still grappling with what's the unfairness in letting people keep more of the money they earned? Can someone explain?

Apparently its only fair if the rich pay more and those who pay no taxes get the money taken from the rich.
The rich can hire Republicans to represent them in congress and give needy billionaires tax cuts when the rate they are paying is only a fraction of what someone making 40 grand is paying.

So you must be a proponent of the flat tax

It's cost effective for a billionaire to give a hundred million to a candidate when the return is a billion in tax cuts for that billionaire.

When you go the store, everyone is paying the same rate.
Why shouldn't billionaires pay more in income taxes.
The military protects the country which protects their billions. How many billionaires are in the military? I think I could come up with many more such examples.

It's cost effective for a billionaire to give a hundred million to a candidate when the return is a billion.

The easiest way to become a multi-millionaire is to get elected to Congress
Yea, look at Joni Ernst. Pushed for a farm bill that gave her family an unknown number of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Despite Campaigning on Pork-cutting Family Living "Within Our Means," Sen. Ernst's Kin Took Over $460,000 in Farm Subsidies » THE DISTRICT SENTINEL news co-op

When you go the store, everyone is paying the same rate.
Why shouldn't billionaires pay more in income taxes.
The military protects the country which protects their billions. How many billionaires are in the military? I think I could come up with many more such examples.

They would pay more with a flat tax

It's cost effective for a billionaire to give a hundred million to a candidate when the return is a billion.

The easiest way to become a multi-millionaire is to get elected to Congress
Yea, look at Joni Ernst. Pushed for a farm bill that gave her family an unknown number of hundreds of thousands of dollars.

Despite Campaigning on Pork-cutting Family Living "Within Our Means," Sen. Ernst's Kin Took Over $460,000 in Farm Subsidies » THE DISTRICT SENTINEL news co-op
It's not just one it's ALL of them

I bet there are just as many, if not more, millionaires that are democrats as republicans in congress.

One, the OP proves that the same logic that liberals use against the Trump income tax cuts can be used against Obama's 2011 payroll tax cuts.

Two, there is no 47% when it comes to the payroll tax.
Which is why the two CAN'T be compared, you proved it better than I did, thank you.

LOL! You again avoid the point that using the exact same logic that you use on the Trump tax cuts, one can "prove" that Obama's 2011 tax cut was grossly unfair to the poor and that the vast majority of it went to people making between $100K and $200K.

Furthermore, if you simply move up the income scale a bit, you certainly can make the same kind of comparison, such as comparing the gross dollar savings for many people in the second, third, and fourth tax brackets with people in the fifth and sixth tax brackets.

But if you use the valid comparison of rate/percentage, then you instantly see that the Trump tax cuts were heavily weighted to the middle class because the middle class got the biggest cuts in their top marginal rates, not to mention the fact that the rich lost tens of thousands of dollars in state and local tax deductions.

Forum List

Back