Obama's approval rating holding steady at 55%

Monday, September 21, 2009

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Monday shows that 30% of the nation's voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. Thirty-eight percent (38%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -8 (see trends).

You get the Liberal CNN poll and the Conservative Rasmussen poll and average them out then you get a true picture of where obama stands.

This is not even an approval poll result.

Rasmussen admits freely that their polling methods create a larger "Strongly Dissapprove" number than the polling methods of all other outlets.

This is like cherry-picking poll results.

PSSST see the bold ;).

:)

CNN asks the same simple question everyone except Rasmussen asks,

Do you approve or disapprove of the way Barack Obama is handling his job as president?

How is that liberal biased?

Real Clear Politics already has an average that I posted above

Last year at election time they were a full point closer to the actual result than Rasmussen, and that was Rasmussen's actual result, not it's BS "Strongly Disagree" result.

[

You get the Liberal CNN poll and the Conservative Rasmussen poll and average them out then you get a true picture of where obama stands.

I'll go you one better. Let's include conservative Foxnews in that average.

They have it at 54 - 39

lol

Lets include all of the polls.

I guess you just destroyed any argument about fox news being biased against obama too ;)

I'll be sure to let the conservatives of the board know you do think fox is fair :lol:

Does anyone care about the polls?

The only poll that matters is that the economy is surging despite the republicans predictions of gloom and doom

The republicans are doomed

Yes, the recovery is in fact going quite well, considering the circumstances.
the economy right now is in worse shape than it was under Bush, when you guys were all claiming "the worst economy since the great depression"

the economy right now is in worse shape than it was under Bush, when you guys were all claiming "the worst economy since the great depression"

Yes, it continued it's downward slide well past the end of the Bush administration, just like Carter's recession continued well into the Reagan administration.

But now the economy is recovering, and faster than Reagan's recovery which took 2 years. The only indicator left to turn upwards is unemployment, which is always the last thing to recover.

Ask any economist, they can tell you. Oh, and Fox Business Channel talking heads don't count as "economists". "Economists" are people who have a doctorate in Economics.

Yes, it continued it's downward slide well past the end of the Bush administration, just like Carter's recession continued well into the Reagan administration.

But now the economy is recovering, and faster than Reagan's recovery which took 2 years. The only indicator left to turn upwards is unemployment, which is always the last thing to recover.

Ask any economist, they can tell you. Oh, and Fox Business Channel talking heads don't count as "economists". "Economists" are people who have a doctorate in Economics.
LOL just couldnt resist that dig at something FNC related
LOL

[

They have it at 54 - 39

lol

I guess you just destroyed any argument about fox news being biased against obama too ;)

I'll be sure to let the conservatives of the board know you do think fox is fair :lol:

Then if you're accepting that Foxnews is a fair pollster, and since they are right on the averages,

you're conceding that Rasmussen is in fact an outlier and it has nothing to do with the other polls being liberal biased.

oops...

They have it at 54 - 39

lol

Then if you're accepting that Foxnews is a fair pollster, and since they are right on the averages,

you're conceding that Rasmussen is in fact an outlier and it has nothing to do with the other polls being liberal biased.

oops...
Ooops. Don't trip on your non sequitur.

Rasmussen asks a different set of questions in their approval polls that produce lower numbers for Obama, and they know it.

Yeah. They don't ask questions like "do you think Obama or Hugo Chavez is doing a better job as president?" Or "do you approve of the president's choice of neckwear?"
Questions like that tend to generate higher numbers of approval, at least among people who can verbalize.

Rasmussen admits their methodology produces lower numbers for Obama:

Comparing Approval Ratings From Different Polling Firms - Rasmussen Reports™

It sure does...it says they poll likely voters instead of just adults...

Amazingly, I could swear I recently read that somewhere else...

Rasmussen asks a different set of questions in their approval polls that produce lower numbers for Obama, and they know it.

Yeah. They don't ask questions like "do you think Obama or Hugo Chavez is doing a better job as president?" Or "do you approve of the president's choice of neckwear?"
Questions like that tend to generate higher numbers of approval, at least among people who can verbalize.
let them stay ignorant
then watch em after the elections cry "stolen election"

They are stuck on stupid and stuck in denial.

Support for the messiah is drying up, the majority of Americans are waking up and losing confidence in this noob and his far left policies.

Majority want nothing to do with Obamacare and quite frankly are fed up of seein g this asshat in constant campaign mode.

2010 is coming libs.

The whining and bleating will be worth the wait.

Forum List

Back