Obama’s Cash Payment to Iran Was More Than a Ransom — It Broke Criminal Law

Barack Obama is the best thing that has ever happened to Iran and the Iranians know it. When he's not fighting on their behalf to advance their nuclear program he's sendind them $400 million in cash.

Sorry I have to disagree with you on a few minor details... The best thing that the Iranians have going for them is the agent they have at the elbow of a clueless community organizer professor...

upload_2016-8-9_11-55-36.png

Please explain how can you pay ransom to someone with their own money.

Dumbass Republitard logic, thats how.

‘If the President Does It, That Means It’s Not Illegal’

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?

More worth examining is why the transaction took the bizarre form that it did. To cut to the chase, I believe it was to camouflage — unsuccessfully — the commission of felony law violations. The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Justice Department strongly objected to the cash payment to Iran. As we shall see, that should come as no surprise. What is surprising is the Journal’s explanation of Justice’s concerns: Department officials, it is said, fretted that the transaction looked like a ransom payment. I don’t buy that. It is not a federal crime to pay a ransom; just to receive one. Our government’s stated disapproval of paying ransoms is a prudent policy, not a legal requirement. The Justice Department’s principal job is to enforce the laws, not to ensure good policy in foreign relations. It seems far more likely that Justice was worried that the transaction was illegal.

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review
This is actually the second thing that BHO has ever done that has pissed me off.

First was getting involved in Syria.

And now this -- $400M to Iran.

What he should have done is send a Marine Expeditionary Force to Iran.

Iran's nuclear program has been set back twenty years and you people are looking for shit to complain about. What's the matter? Disappointed we didn't have to spend trillions fighting a war with them? As part of the deal they destroyed an investment worth many times this "ransom payment" and tensions have dramatically eased. Frankly I see little downside to the situation. It also seems Obama did this to get a deal in spite of how it makes him look.

They destroyed nothing. They can put the centrifuges back on line in a matter of a few months.

"Iran's atomic energy chief said Monday that the Islamic republic had begun shutting down centrifuges used to enrich uranium, upholding it's half of the nuclear deal reached with the U.S. and other major world powers earlier this year, and he suggested Tehran's obligations under the first phase of that agreement could be met within a couple months.

"We have already started to take our measures vis-a-vis the removal of the centrifuge machines -- the extra centrifuge machines," Ali Akbar Salehi told Japan's public broadcaster NHK, according to the Reuters news agency.

Under the terms of the deal, two-thirds of Iran's centrifuges were to be removed. About 19,000 were installed, and Iran was to reduce that number to to 6,104 -- with only 5,060 of these actually enriching uranium for 10 years.

It was not clear from Salehi's statement how quickly the decommissioning of the centrifuges was taking place."

Iran says it's complying, but "Death to America" stands

Iran-Contra & Ronald Reagan.
Next.

How much money did Reagan give to Iran?
He sold them 1,500 missiles, in direct violation of the arms embargo law.

You do mean Israel broker a deal for the missiles and Iran PAID for the missiles. Getting money from Iran is a lot different than giving them money.
It violated the law, period.

AND AGAIN, THE MONEY GIVEN TO IRAN WAS THEIR OWN MONEY.

While the timing could appear to have been a suspiciously coordinated quid pro quo, the evidence points to a paper trail of years of exhaustive hearings and highly sensitive negotiations that were completely separate from the January 2016 prisoner exchange.

Did it ever occur to President Obama to ask why he couldn’t just cut a check to the Iranian regime?

More worth examining is why the transaction took the bizarre form that it did. To cut to the chase, I believe it was to camouflage — unsuccessfully — the commission of felony law violations. The Wall Street Journal has reported that the Justice Department strongly objected to the cash payment to Iran. As we shall see, that should come as no surprise. What is surprising is the Journal’s explanation of Justice’s concerns: Department officials, it is said, fretted that the transaction looked like a ransom payment. I don’t buy that. It is not a federal crime to pay a ransom; just to receive one. Our government’s stated disapproval of paying ransoms is a prudent policy, not a legal requirement. The Justice Department’s principal job is to enforce the laws, not to ensure good policy in foreign relations. It seems far more likely that Justice was worried that the transaction was illegal.

Read more at: Iran Ransom Payment: President Obama Broke the Law by Sending Cash to Iran | National Review
This is actually the second thing that BHO has ever done that has pissed me off.

First was getting involved in Syria.

And now this -- $400M to Iran.

What he should have done is send a Marine Expeditionary Force to Iran.
Do you think our military is made of robots?

Iran's nuclear program has been set back twenty years and you people are looking for shit to complain about. What's the matter? Disappointed we didn't have to spend trillions fighting a war with them? As part of the deal they destroyed an investment worth many times this "ransom payment" and tensions have dramatically eased. Frankly I see little downside to the situation. It also seems Obama did this to get a deal in spite of how it makes him look.

They destroyed nothing. They can put the centrifuges back on line in a matter of a few months.

Not without being discovered.

Iran-Contra & Ronald Reagan.
Next.

How much money did Reagan give to Iran?
He sold them 1,500 missiles, in direct violation of the arms embargo law.

You do mean Israel broker a deal for the missiles and Iran PAID for the missiles. Getting money from Iran is a lot different than giving them money.
It violated the law, period.

AND AGAIN, THE MONEY GIVEN TO IRAN WAS THEIR OWN MONEY.

Reagan sold the missiles to Israel and they marked them up and sold them to Iran. And again, how much did Iran pay for the US Embassy they destroyed and to the Americans they held hostage? If I have some of your money and you burn my house down, you don't get your money back.

Not without being discovered.

They do not allow any UN inspectors in their military installations. Dream on.

And why would Iran need "propaganda" against Barack Obama when he has catered to them, pandered to them, bowed down to them, and even fought for them to have their nuclear program

Whatever alternate reality you exist in it must be a very frightening existence for you
Why does the truth bother liberals so much? Does that ideology really have such a deep control of your mind that anything which does not support it is too traumatic for your brain to handle?

OP .... debunked !

next.
The only thing "debunked" in this thread is your credibility. But then again - that was debunked a looooooong time ago. Obama got caught and you people still can't bring yourselves to admit it. You must really love the taste of Obama's dick because you won't take it out of your mouth for even 10 seconds.

It's over junior. He got caught. You just sound like an idiot attempting to defend the indefensible. This is literally as stupid as if the Orlando nightclub shooter's parents attempted to claim their son didn't shoot anyone and was just another unarmed victim there. :eusa_doh:

Hey dumbshit. That money was Iran's money.

Please explain how can you pay ransom to someone with their own money. Take your time.
Bwahahahahahaha! Really, stupid? Tell me something - what were we doing with $400 million in Iran's money to begin with and why didn't we simply wire transfer it back to them? Do you have any idea how much cheaper that would've been?

Oh yeah....because it was an illegal ransom payment. G-string...you continue to humiliate yourself every time you post. You'd do yourself a world of good if you'd simply shut up. Just read. Don't speak anymore. I'm embarrassed for you.

Please explain how can you pay ransom to someone with their own money. Take your time.
Bwahahahahahaha! Really, stupid? Tell me something - what were we doing with $400 million in Iran's money to begin with and why didn't we simply wire transfer it back to them? Do you have any idea how much cheaper that would've been?

Oh yeah....because it was an illegal ransom payment. G-string...you continue to humiliate yourself every time you post. You'd do yourself a world of good if you'd simply shut up. Just read. Don't speak anymore. I'm embarrassed for you.
do you really want to display this much ignorance?

that the money was iran's is not in question. that iran does not have access to international banking systems is not in question.

OP .... debunked !

next.
The only thing "debunked" in this thread is your credibility. But then again - that was debunked a looooooong time ago. Obama got caught and you people still can't bring yourselves to admit it. You must really love the taste of Obama's dick because you won't take it out of your mouth for even 10 seconds.

It's over junior. He got caught. You just sound like an idiot attempting to defend the indefensible. This is literally as stupid as if the Orlando nightclub shooter's parents attempted to claim their son didn't shoot anyone and was just another unarmed victim there. :eusa_doh:

because youre slow, one more time just for you ..

While the timing could appear to have been a suspiciously coordinated quid pro quo, the evidence points to a paper trail of years of exhaustive hearings and highly sensitive negotiations that were completely separate from the January 2016 prisoner exchange.

observe Gomer

Notes: (a) A total amount (excluding any interest to be calculated) of US$ 1,014,553,515.03 and the US Dollar equivalent of Rls. 7,977,343 was awarded or ordered to be paid to Iran and Iranian parties but was not notified to the Escrow Agent as it was not payable from the Security Account. This amount includes the amounts of US$454,390,207.71, US$37,900,000.00, US$16,148,022.29 and US$134,128.56, as awarded in Award No. 306-A15(I:G)-FT2 , and an amount of US$478,301,970.27 and the US Dollar equivalent of Rls. 423,911 were awarded by Awards on Agreed Terms.

(b) By Order filed on 21 September 1990 in Case No. B1 (Claims 2 & 3), the Tribunal terminated arbitral proceedings insofar as they related to a request by Iran for an interim measure and attached a settlement agreement dated 10 September 1990 pursuant to which the United States was obligated to pay US$200,000,000.00 into the Security Account established pursuant to paragraph 7 of the Declaration of the Government of the Democratic and Popular Republic of Algeria dated 19 January 198

do you really want to display this much ignorance?

that the money was iran's is not in question. that iran does not have access to international banking systems is not in question.
Bwahahahaha!!! Your credibility is now permanently in question. Everything you just said was a lie (which is why you have no links and why you're incapable of providing one that isn't from MSNBC or Salon.com or some other propaganda arm of the Dumbocrat Party).

Would you like to try again? I can do this all day cupcake. It's easy when one is on the side of facts while they're opponent is on the side of an agenda to push a failed ideology.

OP .... debunked !

next.

because youre slow, one more time just for you ..

if anything they paid us ransom

Forum List

Back